Thoughts about competition, crowd entertainment

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 06:10 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve
Re: Thoughts about competition, crowd entertainment

Originally Posted by motopsyko32
+1 Geared Up in SW 04 was it? when they lost to Woods' team? They had the crowd GOIN NUTS like testes...
Aaron and Jake do a hell of a job at putting on a show they may not have the ticks D' has but is great to watch. I know people who know nothing about the sport see these two and think damn these guys are nuts, then you got the skill tricks cirlces, hc circles, all that and you know that well us riders know how hard it is but these fans get their wigs split when a tire blows. kinda crazy but true.,
Old 03-06-2006, 06:35 PM

socalstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Acro is always going to please the crowd better than a circle cuz to any average joe, acro looks more dangerous. Even long endoes will please a crowd more than a circle.

More people want to see risk involved in your stunt routine. Doing stuff at 5 mph is not risky to people. That just looks like it takes a lot of practice and money to mantain a bike. Endos at 60+ mph and letting go of total control of the bike(Christ) is risky, so people love it!!

D, I sent you a PM... holla back...
Old 03-06-2006, 09:02 PM
wheres all the fat girls

martino is a decent person

Originally Posted by TongWoo
Well... look at it like this... If you look at skateboarding (which I've been involved in since 86') It really goes in waves... There is no set style for a sport... **** would get mad technical... with cats like Daewon... then they would go burly and heshed out like Jamie Thomas hittin huge rails...back to tech, then back to hesh and so on.... Of course people who don't know the sport are gonna like the big cc bikes and the fast ****... But they don't know the sport...they also like seeing wrecks at a Nascar Race or a dude get checked in a hockey game. We need to stop speculating and just be patient... The sport does need to be a rider-based audience and atmosphere...cuz if we're riding for non-motorcycle crowds all the time,...well...then we might as well just be in the carnival gettin shot out of a cannon. The sport will develope and maybe it will get bigger. I just think we should let it take it's natural course and not rush it's growth or else we'll end up making it cheezy as hell.

Sorry for the ramble.

Now as far as straight crowd entertainment goes...Yeah, I agree with you, Darius. ****... All we gotta do is nod and point at the crowd while doin a wheelie and they freak out...that or just stand on the tank. The crowd loves GRANDSTANDING. So yeah, that works... But on the other hand you're an ambassador for this sport because you're an innovator and an extremely gifted rider. Like it or not, it kinda falls into your hands to help us educate the masses with what can really be done. They might not get it now, but they will after a while. So I say keep it tech, and find ways to grandstand the tech ****.
well said
Old 03-08-2006, 08:55 PM

middleschooler can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Felces
you sure? idk i've always found burnouts boring... unless you're doing them at 50+ mphish
when edub and manny did the show here in newmexico for ramp to ramp...they did circles...endoes...coasters...then at the end they did a burnout stand still wiht there feet down till the tire popped....the crowd went more wild over that then the freestyle guys
Old 03-08-2006, 09:02 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

you know what trick i dont see 2 many guys doing anymore?
highchair stoppies.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:19 PM

middleschooler can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by TheRomanSF415x
you know what trick i dont see 2 many guys doing anymore?
highchair stoppies.
im trying em on the drz
Old 03-09-2006, 07:13 AM

Veggie Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

People want a show - so, you have a choice. You can either be the incredibly talented jazz musicians who just stand there but are musically mind-blowing, or you can be musically average, like Motley Crue, but put on a manic show that people will still be talking about in five years time.

99% of the crowd aren't stunters in the same way 99% of music fans aren't musicians. It's very simple...
Old 03-09-2006, 09:51 AM
D-Urban

d-acesDan is an unknown quantity at this point

Gary rothwell - Years ago Had The most crowd pleasing show ever. The 100mph burnouts, 120mph+ 2 up wheelies, 120mph+ skitching off the back (and not the "lean your weight on the bike skitching", he was of the bike with metal plates on his feet throwing sparks!!!! ) and he had an actual practiced show performance, that got involved with the crowd and got them pumped. Had a great announcer.

Thats how you please a crowd!!
Old 03-09-2006, 09:54 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

KENNETH929RR is a decent person

Originally Posted by d-acesDan
Gary rothwell - Years ago Had The most crowd pleasing show ever. The 100mph burnouts, 120mph+ 2 up wheelies, 120mph+ skitching off the back (and not the "lean your weight on the bike skitching", he was of the bike with metal plates on his feet throwing sparks!!!! ) and he had an actual practiced show performance, that got involved with the crowd and got them pumped. Had a great announcer.

+1 :YEAH
Old 03-09-2006, 10:12 AM

COOP 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

He was the first stunter I ever saw in person. And he put on one hell of a show! He always did the "burnout till the tire blows" to end his routine. And the crowd ALWAYS went nutz!:YEAH
Old 03-09-2006, 02:35 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TongWoo
Well... look at it like this... If you look at skateboarding (which I've been involved in since 86') It really goes in waves... There is no set style for a sport... **** would get mad technical... with cats like Daewon... then they would go burly and heshed out like Jamie Thomas hittin huge rails...back to tech, then back to hesh and so on.... Of course people who don't know the sport are gonna like the big cc bikes and the fast ****... But they don't know the sport...they also like seeing wrecks at a Nascar Race or a dude get checked in a hockey game. We need to stop speculating and just be patient... The sport does need to be a rider-based audience and atmosphere...cuz if we're riding for non-motorcycle crowds all the time,...well...then we might as well just be in the carnival gettin shot out of a cannon. The sport will develope and maybe it will get bigger. I just think we should let it take it's natural course and not rush it's growth or else we'll end up making it cheezy as hell.

Sorry for the ramble.

Now as far as straight crowd entertainment goes...Yeah, I agree with you, Darius. ****... All we gotta do is nod and point at the crowd while doin a wheelie and they freak out...that or just stand on the tank. The crowd loves GRANDSTANDING. So yeah, that works... But on the other hand you're an ambassador for this sport because you're an innovator and an extremely gifted rider. Like it or not, it kinda falls into your hands to help us educate the masses with what can really be done. They might not get it now, but they will after a while. So I say keep it tech, and find ways to grandstand the tech ****.
think about skateboard events its mainly a sk8 audience so they appreciate all aspects of the sport not just the crazy but also tech...but like woo is saying we got to be patient sk8 didnt get like that over nite im sure 20 years ago there were sk8 clowns gettin more attention then say a guy like rodney mullen and only the underground guys (like us) knew wat was really wat!!!! patients....now is the RONNIE era but in like a few years when it will be more of a stunt audience ronnie is gonna be in the nose bleed seats with an orange feather wishing he had put more effort in his riding (tech) watchin guys like D gettin paid mils killin tech **** on a stock 1000rr :YEAH
i belive hard work will pay off as soon as it gets BIG and peeps know wats wat soo to everyone keep doin wat ur doin and well see wat the future holds for this sport

and ronnie im not saying wat ur doin 4 the sport is bad at all the crowd loves u !!!! i just hope that in the future the crowd will be more educated (stunt crowd) and if that happens wat will u do then?????????????????
Old 03-09-2006, 02:43 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

whaaaat for real?? 120mph burnouts?
any vids or links to this guy in action??????
Old 03-09-2006, 02:49 PM

Felces is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by middleschooler
when edub and manny did the show here in newmexico for ramp to ramp...they did circles...endoes...coasters...then at the end they did a burnout stand still wiht there feet down till the tire popped....the crowd went more wild over that then the freestyle guys
damnit those crazy crowds dont know nothin bout stuntin
Old 03-09-2006, 03:23 PM

socalstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Burnouts till your tire pops is always a crowd pleaser... Why?? You'll never know....
Old 03-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Originally Posted by TheRomanSF415x
whaaaat for real?? 120mph burnouts?
any vids or links to this guy in action??????
just type stunting og gawd in on google im sure youll find something... haha

-kane
Old 03-09-2006, 04:01 PM
$$$$$$$

Originally Posted by socalstunts
Burnouts till your tire pops is always a crowd pleaser... Why?? You'll never know....
this is true.. i did a burnout in the park.. this lady was jogging by wiht her baby.. baby started crying because of the noise. the lady said wow that was cool LOL
some ppl like it some ppl dont.
i'll post up a link of that gary guy if i find it
Old 03-09-2006, 04:05 PM
$$$$$$$

found his website.. his hayabusa is gangster
Old 03-09-2006, 04:06 PM
$$$$$$$

now i know why this guy puts on a crazy show
Old 03-09-2006, 04:08 PM
$$$$$$$

his world records are insane:
Fastest Riding Backwards 132.9 mph (1200 bandit)
Fastest Stoppie 118 mph (1200 bandit) holy shat
Fastest Skiing 156.3 mph (Stock hayabusa) insane
20 Doughnuts in a minute (Beaulieu UK) mmmm donuts
Old 03-09-2006, 04:16 PM

**superstunna** is infamous around these parts

how about fu*k the crowd and anybody who rides for them other than themself...

Quick Reply: Thoughts about competition, crowd entertainment