Thoughts about competition, crowd entertainment

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 12:07 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person
Re: Thoughts about competition, crowd entertainment

Originally Posted by Peyton
good sh*t right here!

even though most of us already know all this.
yes we know it but how many actually do it??
Old 02-24-2006, 12:09 AM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

the crowd wants to have their fingers scraped off.

~FSPalex
Old 02-24-2006, 12:11 AM

Siks3Siks is an unknown quantity at this point

Euros play the crowds ,they hype it up. American stunnas dont play the crowd. But I would much rather watch an american stunna ,nothing personal I just dont really get the Euro flava. The casual observer will never understand the complexity of the sport and its more technical tricks.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:13 AM
www.myspace.com/emrock

Emrock is a decent person

Originally Posted by Darius
well you can definatly throttle chop
lol a real woodsman
Old 02-24-2006, 12:19 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

HOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enoughHOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enough

We've done the Baltimore Bike Bash for 3 years .... Every year TONS of riders have come and stunted. All kinds/types of riders do their thing all day ..... a lot of slow techinical riders, a lot of old school show stoppers, and even some novice ........ I swear, I have talked to thousands of spectators over the years, and as far as their "take" on the riders goes, guess what the most common response I get is??? Our last show was over 300 riders strong .... these riders included pros, record holders, home town favorites, ect ect you name it, they were there pretty much. .......... How do riders set themselves apart from other riders in these situations?? HOW & WHY do spectators root for certain riders?? Out of all the chaos that goes on during this event, it ALWAYS seems like I get the SAME response from the thousands of spectators I have talked to .......... BY FAR most common response I get is -- "who was the guy on the orange bike?" ... "that guy on the orange bike was crazy!!" .... "that guy on the orange bike can f*ucking ride!!" ......... guess who "that guy" on the orange bike is?? and guess how many circles and technically oriented tricks the guy on the orange bike did??

good post D. I guess the trick is to be the most complete rider you can be. Have EVERYTHING. When it's time to compete (IE for judges), then ride for that situation and beat people with your technical skills. When it's time to make yourself, and the event look good & entertain people ... then do that better than anyone. 2 very different things obviously. I believe on the competition side, your physical riding skills are challenged (techinical stuff, ect. competing against other riders doing the same stuff) ... and on the NON-competition side you test your mental skills more, because you must understand your audience, and be able to read them. Know what you're up against and ride for that occasion. Master both of these better than anyone, and THAT is what will make the "NUMBER 1 STUNNA"
Old 02-24-2006, 12:24 AM

HOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enoughHOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enough

oh, and the second most common response we get is "who is that sexy fat guy on the mic?"
Old 02-24-2006, 12:36 AM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

Kane when we get in the X-games I will give you $1000 if you loop out your first wheelie at high speed!
Old 02-24-2006, 12:40 AM
www.myspace.com/emrock

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
Kane when we get in the X-games I will give you $1000 if you loop out your first wheelie at high speed!

**** kane i will do it for 500 and make it look 100 times better

u know kane cant do that he has sponser to make look good lmfao
Old 02-24-2006, 01:11 AM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough

Agreed Darius. Guys like Dmann and Pauly have been doing crowd please shows for years and are laughed off of sites like this. I dont think anything makes a crowd sceam more than blowing up a tire in a smokey burnout with flagrant disregard for your bike and your life. Skitching, christs, etc the crowd goes wild. Its awesome to guys who are into stunt riding to see some technical combos and circles and such, yet it really boring as all heck to watch. I mean coasters are awesome, and seeing that video Darius posted a couple years ago doing the coasters in the cow pastures was awesome! I showed my friends and they didnt get it. I had to explain and slow it down just to show how a coaster is done and how hard it is. I still dont think the got it.

Darius, start the new trend. bring it back to the people, fans and crowd. Then maybe someday we can have stuntriding be llike it is in Europe. A real sport where guys are heros. Gangsta is fun amongst friends back home, but if people want to get serious, I believe they need to act professional and drop the gangsta attitude.

Theres my
Old 02-24-2006, 01:28 AM

banned101 is a decent person

I think the crowd respects the technical stuff too People at motorcycle mayhem were going nuts watching darius do high chair wheelies.I prefer the shows better than the comps they are just way more fun and cheaper haha.Blake and I got stressed out on bmx comps and we just stoped doing it.Also I think the shows are going to make this sport mainstream .I just hope I can scape by the time it does hahahahahaha!
I do think kanes got a good point as far as the bike looking stock,people feel like its the same as thier bike ,and respect that.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:38 AM
www.myspace.com/emrock

Originally Posted by banned101
I think the crowd respects the technical stuff too People at motorcycle mayhem were going nuts watching darius do high chair wheelies.I prefer the shows better than the comps they are just way more fun and cheaper haha.Blake and I got stressed out on bmx comps and we just stoped doing it.Also I think the shows are going to make this sport mainstream .I just hope I can scape by the time it does hahahahahaha!
I do think kanes got a good point as far as the bike looking stock,people feel like its the same as thier bike ,and respect that.
well like any other sport stuff changes look at fmx there bikes are nothing close to stock bikes so what ur riding should not mater look at the top 4 at stuntwars all streetfighters doesnt that give u a hint.... and look at other ****ries all street fighters it doesnt really matter what u ride its how u ride it
Old 02-24-2006, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Emrock
well like any other sport stuff changes look at fmx there bikes are nothing close to stock bikes so what ur riding should not mater look at the top 4 at stuntwars all streetfighters doesnt that give u a hint.... and look at other ****ries all street fighters it doesnt really matter what u ride its how u ride it
did you just turn the word "countries" into a swear word somehow?
Old 02-24-2006, 01:44 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

qouting Thomas regaurding shows "smoke and noise"
Old 02-24-2006, 01:47 AM
www.myspace.com/emrock

Originally Posted by FSPalex
did you just turn the word "countries" into a swear word somehow?
not so much
Old 02-24-2006, 01:55 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
ummm, ****ing gas it!!!??!
this is old news.

tech is good, but not everything.

too bad i effed myself up, i would have had you all choking on your hearts in fear for my safety as well as your own...no joke

2nd year i watched the ENTIRE finals runs and 2nd year i was embarrassed for many of the riders as well as for our sport.

see you in tokyo D

biyatch!!! a lot of talk coming from a guy who let lighting hit twice!!!

after seeing that i will admit while teach is my favorite rider to watch.. hes definately my first pick when it comes to a "whom id like to compete against" i mean darius chokes.. but DAAAAAMNNN

-kane

-kane
Old 02-24-2006, 01:57 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Originally Posted by Darius
well you can definatly throttle chop

biytch i take throttle chop to a new level.. u wish u had that talent...

IDLE THIS BIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAATCH!! LOL

next time i eat bar be que im saving the left overs for u... figured u might need another bone to CHOKE on...

-kane
Old 02-24-2006, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Kaneone

next time i eat bar be que im saving the left overs for u... figured u might need another bone to CHOKE on...

-kane
hahaha someones drunk

~FSPalex
Old 02-24-2006, 02:25 AM

giger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaneone

-kane
hahahaa

That was great
Old 02-24-2006, 02:26 AM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person

Originally Posted by Emrock
**** kane i will do it for 500 and make it look 100 times better

u know kane cant do that he has sponser to make look good lmfao

just like u looped that scooter at biketoberfest too huh...lmfao, that may have been the highlight of my trip
Old 02-24-2006, 02:48 AM
www.chicksdigscars.com.au

mike_rock is an unknown quantity at this point

I think this point has been brought up heaps of times... A group that I film here in Australia (Cunningstunts), at all the shows they have done, the most basic trick (static burnout against a wall and blow the fvck out of the tyre) has always got the most response from the crowd. On top of the fact that the riders are facing the crowd and looking at a whole bunch of them while trying to yell over the top of the bike, the crowd goes nuts and they all cheer as one when the tyre blows!! The crowds are total fvcken bogans, but hey if you want to get paid to entertain, you gotta do what pleases the crowd.

Competitions though unless you have to entertain the crowd to gain points as well, it should be judged on your skill as a rider and the tricks you perform from each category. From what I get to see, I think a lot of riders have concentrated too much on particulars tricks and dont mix it up enough. Thats from what I get too see, so I may have missed a lot of the action...

Quick Reply: Thoughts about competition, crowd entertainment