You Think I'll Get Caught???

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 12:11 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light
You Think I'll Get Caught???

Here's the deal. I need a new frame for my F4i, but as we all know, even frames with a salvage title run about $300-$600 ish but i can get a straight frame for aroung $75ish with no title.

So here is my question, Do you think i would get caught if i took the numbers off the frame with a dye grinder or something and bought a harbor freight stamp kit and put the VIN off my ZX6R(clean title and totally legit) onto my F4i frame so essentially i would have 2 bikes in my garage with the same VIN. Then when i rode the F4i just use my legit plate, and carry my legit registration from my ZX6R.

Could i get away with it?? And if i get caught what would be the penality?

Anybody ever do this?
Old 02-10-2006, 12:27 PM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
Re: You Think I'll Get Caught???

It can be done. make sure you dont ever find a cop that rides (alot of them do)... I know some guys that got caught with two bikes with the same VIN and they got arrested. With the VIN ground off it sure makes the bike look stolen. And most likely you will only lose the bike and they couldnt prove it was stolen so they would confiscate the bike permanatly.

My advice is just keep your eyes open for an F4i frame. Try searching ebay for sellers who are parting out F4is. Maybe one of em have a wrecked frame they think is scrap and you can get it cheap. Its worth a try and then you are running legit.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:28 PM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Crazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DBOUNCE1

Anybody ever do this?
Out of all the times i have been pulled over on my bike , they have never checked my vin# or looked at the bike i was riding . Most cops just run the plates and see if it belongs to you , check if your insured , then write the gay *** tickets . I'm thinking a problem might come if you get into an accident on the fake bike . If the insurance company notices it , i really don't know what would happen .

If a cop pulled you over for a speeding ticket and somehow notices , he would probably think its stolen . You cant prove that its a salvage title frame cause you said you were gonna take it off and replace number . It would have to look pretty good stamp to look stock .
Old 02-10-2006, 12:31 PM

TotW80 is an unknown quantity at this point

great question, i was wondering the same thing for insurance purposes (stampin my 600RR VIN on my 954, cops don't know **** about bikes so it would seem to work??)
Old 02-10-2006, 12:33 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

I hear ya but like crazy d said i have never had them check the VIN before the only time was when i got pulled over on my Fiddy and he only did that because it dosen't have plates. I've kept an eye on ebay for about a month now i check for F4 and F4i frames every day.

And Shugga i live in a town of 20,000 in Nebraska there is about 4 people in the whole town that ride that's it
Old 02-10-2006, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by TotW80
great question, i was wondering the same thing for insurance purposes (stampin my 600RR VIN on my 954, cops don't know **** about bikes so it would seem to work??)

Exactally my point they (atleast the ones in my town don't know **** about bikes) the only thing i would is peel the Honda **** off the F4i because it's registered as a Kawi but other the obvious like that i think i could get away with it
Old 02-10-2006, 12:36 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Ive been thinking baout doing that too with my f4i's.

Only once has a cop checked the vin on the next, but they often look at the sticker on the frame.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:36 PM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough

Oh gotcha. We have had cops run VINs out here quite a bit as bike theft and stunters seem to be everywhere.
I have never had mine run, but I have seen it done alot.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:47 PM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Crazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shugga
Oh gotcha. We have had cops run VINs out here quite a bit as bike theft and stunters seem to be everywhere.
I have never had mine run, but I have seen it done alot.
If a cop pulled you over , decided to check the vin # , and you didn't change the numbers , then he would notice . But if you changed the numbers and made it look good , he would not know . As long as the plates are registered to you . Also im guessing they can pull up what color you bike should be so i would make the two bikes the same .

Its the insurance thing that would scare me .
Old 02-10-2006, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by MikeM
Ive been thinking baout doing that too with my f4i's.

Only once has a cop checked the vin on the next, but they often look at the sticker on the frame.

i don't have a sticker on my frame what are you talking about
Old 02-10-2006, 12:56 PM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Originally Posted by Crazy D
If a cop pulled you over , decided to check the vin # , and you didn't change the numbers , then he would notice . But if you changed the numbers and made it look good , he would not know . As long as the plates are registered to you . Also im guessing they can pull up what color you bike should be so i would make the two bikes the same .

Its the insurance thing that would scare me .
Also if a cop is gonna take the time to look at your vin # , he is trying to find something to bust you with , and is probably gonna check the whole bike . So he is likely gonna see a honda label on the bike somewhere .
Old 02-10-2006, 01:02 PM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Here's the deal. I need a new frame for my F4i, but as we all know, even frames with a salvage title run about $300-$600 ish but i can get a straight frame for aroung $75ish with no title.

So here is my question, Do you think i would get caught if i took the numbers off the frame with a dye grinder or something and bought a harbor freight stamp kit and put the VIN off my ZX6R(clean title and totally legit) onto my F4i frame so essentially i would have 2 bikes in my garage with the same VIN. Then when i rode the F4i just use my legit plate, and carry my legit registration from my ZX6R.

Anybody ever do this?
Just wonderin . Why would you put the Kawi vin # on it ? You said you need a frame and can get one for $75 for your F4i . So why cant you put the old F4i vin # on the frame you are gonna buy . The a cop will think its a F4i vin # . Not a Kawi .
Old 02-10-2006, 01:09 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

i don't have a sticker on my frame what are you talking about

f4is have stickers on the frame, so do gsxrs & most other bikes out there.

the color of the bike doesnt matter. officer, i changed plastics. youre done.

ive had my numbers checked a few times but its cuz i dont run plates. as long as the numbers match up to your name you should be fine. i dont know if i would do 2 diferent bike makes though. i would do it if i had 2 bikes with the same make. like a 954 & a f4i wouldnt be bad, but a kawi to a honda is too sketchy for me
Old 02-10-2006, 01:11 PM

crzy954rr is an unknown quantity at this point

DBounce, I didn't know you were from omaha... Are you on any local forums? You'll have to come down and ride with us once it gets nice.....
Old 02-10-2006, 01:15 PM

f4stunna is a decent person

just buy a clean F4/F4i title and stamp your frame with those numbers and peel the sticker off... then register it with the new numbers

if you get busted and have to get a lawyer its easily gonna cost more than you would spend on a title/frame so thats waht i would do
Old 02-10-2006, 01:53 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've seen cops check vin numbers......maybe if you were stamping 2 F4is the same number you would be alright, or two 954's, or somin like that, starts getting a little more sketchy when its an F4i, or a 954.......but I definately WOULD NOT stamp a ZX6 VIN onto an F4i.......especially since it says HONDA on the side of the motor.....and the vin and insurance would come back as a kawasucki.........cop's bound to think somin is up!!!!

I HAVE thought about getting another 600RR and doin the same thing, so I pay insurance once, buthave it covering both bikes.....one geared for street with clip-ons and the one I have now.............but thats completely different than stamping a honda as a kawasaki!!!
Old 02-10-2006, 02:07 PM

Ace151Slayer is an unknown quantity at this point

+1 on cops not knowing anything about bikes. Of the 3 times pulled over riding my Ninja250.

None of them looked at my VIN on the bike, just ran my regis., insuran., and tag #.

And to top it off, 2 of them said "be careful, those 1000's are dangerous." And the 3rd called it a "nice 800."
Old 02-10-2006, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by f4stunna
just buy a clean F4/F4i title and stamp your frame with those numbers and peel the sticker off... then register it with the new numbers

if you get busted and have to get a lawyer its easily gonna cost more than you would spend on a title/frame so thats waht i would do

I think this is the best idea right here that's what i'll do
Old 02-10-2006, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by crzy954rr
DBounce, I didn't know you were from omaha... Are you on any local forums? You'll have to come down and ride with us once it gets nice.....

Yo, This is Menn remember me? (Blue Avalanche)
I have riden with you a few times me and Chad came down from Fremont.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:56 PM

f4stunna is a decent person

I think this is the best idea right here that's what i'll do
im in the process of trying to buy a 600rr, either hot or salvaged, and as soon as i do im rippin it apart and putting a legit frame in it.

cops are dumb as **** but it just takes one on a mission to get screwed for life. ive been pulled over plenty of times and never had mine run. ive also been pulled over while streetfightered out completely spray painted a different color than on my reg with no mirrors or blinkers only the acerbis headlight and a tail light and the cop just gave me crap for popin it up. he let me go though but like i said, it only takes one dushebag cop and we all know there are plenty of em out there

Quick Reply: You Think I'll Get Caught???