You Think I'll Get Caught???

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 03:15 PM

Cesario is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: You Think I'll Get Caught???

anyone know how good that harbor freight stamp kit is for the frames? pics (of maybe half the job) haha so we could see how clean it comes out.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:17 PM

actually another question. like with hondas since they have that sticker, could you get that sticker reprinted by a dealership? say some **** like you chromed your frame and need a new sticker or something?
Old 02-10-2006, 03:26 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

What's on the sticker i guess i've never seen one
Old 02-10-2006, 03:28 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Cesario
anyone know how good that harbor freight stamp kit is for the frames? pics (of maybe half the job) haha so we could see how clean it comes out.

I haven't used one on a frame but i've stammped some pretty hard steel with them before and they do a really good job. if ur gonna do a frame just draw a line on the neck with a straight edge so all the numbers are in a nice line
Old 02-10-2006, 03:44 PM

stickers usually on the left side of the frame, by the neck, and is black with white letters, giving the vin # and basic info. of the bike. it's usually the one cops would look at since it's most visible. i'm thinking with that sticker you should have no problems, even if you did have the other side of the neck sanded down (as long as it looked clean)
Old 02-10-2006, 03:54 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Im almost in the same boat--The frame on my 636 is pushed in and I just bought a brand new frame from Kawasaki--I got it today from FedEx and since its brand new it has no numbers. Im trying to figure out if I should just stamp the old vin into the new frame or deal with the **** at DMV and go through an enire VIN reassignment--My old frame is'nt a complete loss either its pushed in just a few inches so I want to keep it. If I keep the old frame sitting around in my garage with MY old VIN number on it, and my bike is sitting next to it with a new frame and the same exact number on that, is that a crime?

-Alvin
Old 02-10-2006, 04:25 PM
LETS RIDE

deathwishriders is an unknown quantity at this point

first off let me say FTP.
second them damn cops are reading this right now so don give up to many O.G. secrets!!!!
its easy to tell when numbers have been altered on a frame...it just doesnt look right....felony possesion of stolen property is what you might be charged with, so this is when you ask yourself if you are "gangsta" or not...
good luck -d
Old 02-10-2006, 04:55 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Pretty sure altering vins is a federal offence... i'd check into that.

Sounds like your going way out of your way to get in alot more trouble than necessary.

Save yourself the headaches and just slap your plate on there. Worst that will happen is the bike gets towed and you get a no insurance/reg ticket. I've been riding a un-regied salvage bike for over a yr now.... been pulled over a few times too. But the plate i have on there is from my legit bike that is the same make model color.

As long as the bike matches the reg, it's unlikely that they'll even check the vin... but if they do and you f'd w/ it... your f'd.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:59 PM

CHAO5 is an unknown quantity at this point

bah, just say you're a stunter, babble a bit about how dumb you are and enjoy smashing your bike up in lots tell him ebay is great, and your bike is made up of lotsa cheap pieces from all different kinds of bikes. Then giggle to yourself as he walks away shaking his head.

After using that line one cop said

'Your handlebars (clipons) look like they are bent. Is that from crashing?'

I was like no, it's a sportbike they are supposed to look that way!

His female partner started laughing at him, and he gave me a ticket for obstructed plate. Stupid lady!
Old 02-10-2006, 05:58 PM
DNFstunt

Regstunts is a decent person

I've had someone accuse me of stealing their bike...some guy spotted me at a stop light and told a cop that MY bike looked like his buddies stolen bike. I got pulled over, and the cop didn't even get out of her car. I pulled out my paperwork and she took a look to make sure the plate was the right one.

I wouldn't brand swap, but you could definatly get away with a cheap F3 title off ebay to use for an F4i.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Crashing SUCKS!!!

LAST CALL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cesario
I was wondering the same thing cause my 1000 frame is bent in at the neck and I can pick up a new frame for about $200. If anybody knows anything about these stamp kits then post up?
Old 02-10-2006, 07:52 PM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

yo man good luck with this. just fork up for the good frame man. its better than jail. ive been pulled over plenty of times and the last 3 times the CHP checked my vin on my neck and frame. gay fukerrr but of course my **** is legit so he couldnt put me away. they gettin smart out here in Sac town, cuz that was last summer. this year will be even worse!
Old 02-10-2006, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by LAST CALL
I was wondering the same thing cause my 1000 frame is bent in at the neck and I can pick up a new frame for about $200. If anybody knows anything about these stamp kits then post up?

YEAH DUDE WWW.HARBORFREIGHT.COM $12.99 GETS YOU A NEW STEEL STAMP SET
Old 02-10-2006, 08:49 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

sick gotta love harbor freight--only thing that sucks is you'd use that set once and thats prolly it
Old 02-10-2006, 08:57 PM

Kaotic is an unknown quantity at this point

how many cops have checked motors #s ? anyone ever had that done?
Old 02-10-2006, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kaotic

Not me never had it happen

but FTP!!!
Old 02-11-2006, 02:12 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Kaotic
never
Old 02-11-2006, 03:38 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

THIS IS THE DUMBEST POST I HAVE EVER SEEN ON A PUBLIC FORUM

AND THE MODS DELETE OTHER POST AND LET THIS ONE STAY

IF YOU PUT KAWI NUMBERS ON A HONDA YOU WIN THE DUMBA SS AWARD FOR THE YEAR

IN FLORIDA ALL THE TIME THEY CHECK MOTOR NUMBERS AND VIN #S
Old 02-11-2006, 08:41 AM

Dgrips is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone else think all this underground information should be kept underground or in PM's or is it just me?

Peace,
Mr.D
Old 02-11-2006, 09:02 AM

Oskinvold is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you.. it had to be said..

Quick Reply: You Think I'll Get Caught???