Is it me or is everyone and their mother doing 12's??

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 09:21 PM

Sellout007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it me or is everyone and their mother doing 12's??

First off ill start out by saying that NO i cant..so i guess i answered my own question, but it just seems that everyoen has got them down pat.

I mean, if you got a bar, chances of looping the 12 is damn near impossible. Ive seem some people that ride out here not even use the damn brake jsut let it hit the bar then go from there.

Does anyone NOT use a scrap bar and do 12's? I know their a must to do apehanger's and parkign it but it just seems that with one its really damn easy to do a 12. Kinda takes the skill out of it.

Am i alone on this? *lol*
Old 10-16-2002, 09:46 PM

willie is an unknown quantity at this point
no i posted the saem thing, and no i don't do 12s, but i concur about the idea of a scrape bar being overused, but i can't tell from personal experience- so my opinion is of NO value, so take it at surface level only

check the scrape bar thread a page or 2 back

people were saying it's actually harder to do them with a bar, which i totally don't think is true, but i have no first hand experiennce so i'll just shutup till i loop my first one

don't flame on me yall, i know it's to save the tail, i just find scrapebarless 12s, with the tail about 1-2 inches from the ground SO much sicker.

but anybody who's doin them, scarebar or not is pretty d@mn sick.

Last edited by willie; 10-16-2002 at 09:53 PM.
Old 10-16-2002, 10:08 PM

Pete_SOI is an unknown quantity at this point
hahahahaha not again.A SCRAPE BAR DOES NOT MAKE 12'S ANY EASYER!!!I've been doing 12's for like 2 month's now and just now put a bar on last week.You don't need it but one you get slow wheelies down you want to move on....that's when parking come's into play.I mean I didn't put my bar on to protect my bike I put it on so I could take 12's to another level...like scrape trick's and stuff.Beleave me once you get it you'll understand.
Old 10-16-2002, 11:28 PM

Having a bar serves three purposes as i see it. One so you tail section stays somewhat decent and two it serves as a purpose of not looping, and three you need one to do several tricks, ape hanger, parking the bike ect....

As for making it easier to do 12's id have to say yes and no at the same time.

Regardless if you have a bar or not you still need to be able to keep the bike from wobbling side to side. A bar doesnt help you with that, so in that sense no the bar doesnt make it easier.

Also ive seen people ride with a bar and scrap and without a bar and scrap. And i see how having a bar could actually make it a bit harder in a way. The plastic of the tail section gives, the metal bar does not. But from what i have seen adapting to the bar not giving is fairly easy and works to your advantage once your used to it.

But it does prevent you from looping your bike, which is a MAJIOR advantage. I have literally seen several people riding out here that redline their bike, dump it and the bike flips up and slams like a friggin jack hammer into the ground. Then proceeds to ride out the 12. If he didnt have a bar, he would flip. So in that sense it does make it alot easier to do them.

All in all i would have to say that having a bar would definetly make a difference and be to your advantage in doing them.

Again, i dont do 12's but im fairly observant and these are just that, observations. And it does seem that everyone and their mother are doing them!! Kinda takes away from the whole mystique and fascination of it all....for me at least.

Last edited by Sellout007; 10-16-2002 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-17-2002, 12:36 AM

the wizz is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Sellout007
,I have literally seen several people riding out here that redline their bike, dump it and the bike flips up and slams like a friggin jack hammer into the ground.
That's just plain old retarded!! Not very impressive if you ask me.
Old 10-17-2002, 12:38 AM

Originally posted by the wizz
That's just plain old retarded!! Not very impressive if you ask me.
Exactly my point! :D
Old 10-17-2002, 01:51 AM

icehot113 is an unknown quantity at this point
u dont need a bar to park ur bike... i have a 929 and kyle and joe from xxx have parked it on its tail quite a few times...

everyone tells me its harder to learn with a bar cuz when u hit the bar its gonna make the bike wanna go to a side cuz u prolly wont hit it completely flat in the begining and metal doesnt give, plastic will give...

-icehot113
Old 10-17-2002, 03:26 AM
IS YOUR GOD!

RONNIE is an unknown quantity at this point
oh geez!

NEVERMIIIIINNNDDDDD!!!!!! not worth getting into... LOL!!
Old 10-17-2002, 03:29 AM

"NEVERMIIIIINNNDDDDD!!!!!! not worth getting into... LOL!!"

*laughs* wonderful point haha....
Old 10-17-2002, 11:57 AM

Pete_SOI is an unknown quantity at this point

But it does prevent you from looping your bike, which is a MAJIOR advantage. I have literally seen several people riding out here that redline their bike, dump it and the bike flips up and slams like a friggin jack hammer into the ground. Then proceeds to ride out the 12. If he didnt have a bar, he would flip. So in that sense it does make it alot easier to do them.

All in all i would have to say that having a bar would definetly make a difference and be to your advantage in doing them.

...........aight man your right.
Old 10-17-2002, 05:38 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

-Rodger- is an unknown quantity at this point
a bar definitely helps in saving your ***/bike, but doesn't help at all in learning twelves. the idea behind riding a twelve is BRAKE CONTROL, if you don't have it you can't twelve.

I want to see this rev-limiter park ****, we ride w/ you guys every now and then and haven't seen such a thing yet. I ride a 6 so I know i dump mine w/ a good # of revs but that's just to keep it slow.

who you speakin bout sellout?
Old 10-18-2002, 02:00 AM
Hater proof

CrazyJ is a decent person
hes talking about jerry ...ive seen him and weber pull it up and hit the bar so hard i thought he was gonna rip off the subframe
Old 10-18-2002, 02:04 AM

Umm actually no im not talkign about jerry, not even close. That kid hits that so damn soft its unbeliveable. Hes got total control over his bike jeremy.

Im not going to say who it is either, aint gonna start dumb drama. o)
Old 10-18-2002, 10:17 AM

DBAdrums is an unknown quantity at this point
Ive ridin with a few local guys, one on a RR and another on a R6 that both did scrapes with no scrape bars. Another dude had a scrape bar and didnt scrape it once. All I know is I cant scrape yet, but Im not gonna use a scrape bar until I think I need one. The guy on the R6 was pretty impressive, he was slamming it, total control. Sick.
Old 10-19-2002, 12:14 AM

redlinejesse is an unknown quantity at this point
A bar makes things a little more difficult, it's a harder inpacted on the subframe that will throw you off if your not ready. The worst thing you can do is put a bar on before you master the scrape. I perfer the tail, but parking rocks. I always said that I wouldn't do 12's, but untill you put that bike passed the balance point and hear that tail scrape you won't understand. IT'S NOT A TRICK, ITS A ADDICTION!!!!
Old 10-19-2002, 12:39 AM
BEST RIDER EVER

taubr unit is an unknown quantity at this point
it dont matter to me if you hit it hard or soft......just hit the damn thing. Its kinda cool to smash the tail but after you kill so many tail sections it gets kinda old after a while. And you need a bar to do the combos of 12's too. Just dont get out of hand and make thoes stupid *** HUGE jet wings.......lol, intergrade my friends.............
Old 10-19-2002, 09:52 PM

GSE CHRIS is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Is it me or is everyone and their mother doing 12's??

First off ill start out by saying that NO i cant..so i guess i answered my own question, but it just seems that everyoen has got them down pat.

I mean, if you got a bar, chances of looping the 12 is damn near impossible. Ive seem some people that ride out here not even use the damn brake jsut let it hit the bar then go from there.

Does anyone NOT use a scrap bar and do 12's? I know their a must to do apehanger's and parkign it but it just seems that with one its really damn easy to do a 12. Kinda takes the skill out of it.

OK DUDE IF YOU SAY SO!!!!

MY MOM IS NOT DOING 12'S
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc02970.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	2850  
Old 10-19-2002, 09:53 PM

Re: Is it me or is everyone and their mother doing 12's??

BUT I AM!!!!!!!

Name:	dsc02970.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	2851  
Old 10-19-2002, 09:54 PM

Re: Re: Is it me or is everyone and their mother doing 12's??

Originally posted by GSE CHRIS
BUT I AM!!!!!!!

Name:	dsc02978.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	2852  
Old 10-20-2002, 02:59 AM

Re: Re: Is it me or is everyone and their mother doing 12's??

Originally posted by GSE CHRIS
BUT I AM!!!!!!!
Not even gonna comment o)

Quick Reply: Is it me or is everyone and their mother doing 12's??