Runaway Customs Cage?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 04:23 PM

Nikoli is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Runaway Customs Cage?

Originally Posted by RyGy
i know a couple of people who runaway cages on them. the cage is as tough as nails.

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2006, 04:23 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

patent laws are funny.. i dont remember off hand but as long as like 20% of the design is different then its a different patent.

no ones sueing anyone, itd be like trying to get water from a dry well.

sueing could happen on the other hand if these cage companies that are so eager to be mass distributed cant upkeep their P.O.'s and keep their end of the bargin. the distributors might end up owning the companies.. its been done in the past.

either way.. runaway customs cage website.. i like the girls! haha

-kane
Old 01-18-2006, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Kaneone
either way.. runaway customs cage website.. i like the girls! haha

-kane

word to that!
Old 01-18-2006, 04:32 PM

nwstuntbike is an unknown quantity at this point

my stuntmagna750 has a stock ''cage'',lol

i hav a legitimet case of copy/stolen design,but i;m not retarded and i dont want to spend 10g's to get his 20 bucks,and i'd probly lose anyway it's real hard these days to prove **** like that, and we're not like that anyways'. well most of us aren't. and kane's right 20% different and in some cases with other products a simple change of material and name is good enough
Old 01-18-2006, 04:55 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

yeah and he is gonna sue me for domain squatting because I own crashcage.com too ehhh

droptop you are always so busy swinging off someones nuts (including your own) you always say some dumb ****

the only person Tim could sue is wink cuz his **** is pretty much exactly the same... and then at that point.. FI is in the lead of all cages.. he has the distribution deal... he better worry about keeping up with that before he worries about suing some people who probably only affect about 25% of his business anyways... concentrate on making your product and your marketing the best you believe it can be... then you will succeed no matter what
Old 01-18-2006, 04:57 PM
GOODBYE STUNTLIFE

Droptop can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
yeah and he is gonna sue me for domain squatting because I own crashcage.com too ehhh

droptop you are always so busy swinging off someones nuts (including your own) you always say some dumb ****

the only person Tim could sue is wink cuz his **** is pretty much exactly the same... and then at that point.. FI is in the lead of all cages.. he has the distribution deal... he better worry about keeping up with that before he worries about suing some people who probably only affect about 25% of his business anyways... concentrate on making your product and your marketing the best you believe it can be... then you will succeed no matter what
Thomas... hmm sorry.. not on my own nuts.. just was a conversation that Tim had with me when we spoke one night..

Why are you so worried about me.. I said i could be wrong..
Old 01-18-2006, 05:01 PM

Brad C. is an unknown quantity at this point

i would definately go with runaway customs or a powers they are the best out there
Old 01-18-2006, 05:01 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Droptop
I wonder whats gonna happen to all these people when Tim Barnes from Freestyle Ingunity sues everyone.. He had a patent on crash cages... and just cause there differnt in shape doesnt mean you can make a cage...

Sprint couldnt go out and make 2 way phones till the sprint patent was up with nextel..

Im may be worng.. but im pretty sure some one is going to be getting sued!!!!! or multiple companies!!!

Like i said I maybe wrong.. but if I am right Freestyle will be even richer!!!

i have to say something about this really quick.

freestyle isnt going to sui anyone, pretty much because they cant. they dont have a patent that covers cages in general, they have a patent that covers a very specific design. racing 905 also has a patent....how can that be if FI has a patent on crash cages? how can a harley have something like that? how can every CHP bike have a "Crash Cage" on it?

when we were first starting, they tried to send me some bullshit letter saying to stop manufacturing illegal cages, they must have thought i was just some bum with no financial backing & would get scared by a certified letter....wrong, i have a lawyer too. sent them a letter real quick & havent heard from then since. if they were serious, they would have done something already.

and yes--- because it is a diferent shape you CAN make a crash cage. he didnt invent a pencil, he invented a DESIGN. if he had invented something like a pencil, then yes, he would have rights to the entire market. but since he is making something very simple out of steel tube, its VERY hard to get a generalized patent, therefore he has a very specif patent. i havent seen his patent & dont have to to know that he does NOT have a generalized patent.

and then for him to actually enforce the patent will cost him about 15-20 K. its not happening any time soon

a 2 way phone requires NEW & SPECIFIC technologies, cages dont. you take steel, bend it & weld it.....those patents ran out in 1850
Old 01-18-2006, 05:03 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Old 01-18-2006, 08:31 PM

Curtis929 is an unknown quantity at this point

If I remember right Tim put a patent on the loop and strap design. Nothing on the frame slider though.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:54 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Droptop
Thomas... hmm sorry.. not on my own nuts.. just was a conversation that Tim had with me when we spoke one night..

Why are you so worried about me.. I said i could be wrong..
20 people have had the same conversation with tim... including myself...
the difference is you are so pressed to make it seem like you know this person or that person... you are fake...You are a proven liar...

and im worried about you because people like you make stuntriding look stupid... you are so quick to jock anyone... that you will give them tons of props just to realize later on that it was all a waste of time...

I seem to remember when you and gixxie were buddies

and your negligence got someone seriously hurt.. I dont care how many people have forgiven you or how many times you have apologized.... you shouldnt have been "running" an event

you are one of those people who meets someone who might have an interest in supporting stuntriding or an event.. and instead of getting advice from the proper people or bringing in someone to help... you tell the person you can handle what ever they need.... and then you fall flat on your face and make yourself look stupid along with the rest of us.... and then whoever that person was... will never want anything to do with stuntriding ever again.....

and why do you act this way?? hmmm I cant figure it out...either you're a glory hound.... you have self confidence issues, so you want people to think you are the man.... or you are just too ****ing stupid to realize that you are in over your head!

and that message goes for all of you!!! if someone approaches you about something and you arent 100% sure you can handle it.. then contact someone who can help you out.... you can still be the man and get your glory...I have given away a lot of free advice and most of it has eventually paid off for me... this is how you separate the real from the fake...

just because we have the same hobby, does not mean we would all sit at the same lunchtable
Old 01-18-2006, 10:03 PM

runawaycustoms is an unknown quantity at this point

As Far As Patents Go A Patent Is So Detailed If Your Cage Is A **** Hair Different Than Whats Stated On The Patent, Its Void. Any Way Here Are Some Pics Of My Cages, Alot Of People Are Rocking Them Around Here.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cage a.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	162962   Click image for larger version

Name:	bj wheelie.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	162963  
Attached Images   
Old 01-18-2006, 10:08 PM

I think if the sport was like as big as ... NASCAR... maybe a law suit would hold up but not stunting bikes. any more word on Runaway Customs Cages or 12 bars or fairing stays?
Old 01-18-2006, 10:31 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

just because we have the same hobby, does not mean we would all sit at the same lunchtable

LoL....

-Kane
Old 01-18-2006, 11:32 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

bmac customs is one of the best solid cage and i ve dropped it many time nothing happens.....www.bmaccustoms.com
Old 01-18-2006, 11:49 PM

chad stuntmetal is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 01-19-2006, 12:10 AM
GOODBYE STUNTLIFE

Droptop can only hope to improve

20 people have had the same conversation with tim... including myself...
the difference is you are so pressed to make it seem like you know this person or that person... you are fake...You are a proven liar...

and im worried about you because people like you make stuntriding look stupid... you are so quick to jock anyone... that you will give them tons of props just to realize later on that it was all a waste of time...

I seem to remember when you and gixxie were buddies

and your negligence got someone seriously hurt.. I dont care how many people have forgiven you or how many times you have apologized.... you shouldnt have been "running" an event

you are one of those people who meets someone who might have an interest in supporting stuntriding or an event.. and instead of getting advice from the proper people or bringing in someone to help... you tell the person you can handle what ever they need.... and then you fall flat on your face and make yourself look stupid along with the rest of us.... and then whoever that person was... will never want anything to do with stuntriding ever again.....

and why do you act this way?? hmmm I cant figure it out...either you're a glory hound.... you have self confidence issues, so you want people to think you are the man.... or you are just too ****ing stupid to realize that you are in over your head!

and that message goes for all of you!!! if someone approaches you about something and you arent 100% sure you can handle it.. then contact someone who can help you out.... you can still be the man and get your glory...I have given away a lot of free advice and most of it has eventually paid off for me... this is how you separate the real from the fake...

Bro seriouly **** off.. I dont care if your some big time annoucer or what ever the fuc* u are.. I simply stated a fact!!! You fat ***!!! I made a mistake in the past....

Funny things is the kid who paid the price called me yesterday to send me shirts, videos and other things.. Everything must be alright in his eyes..

U think you made some kinda of point.. Personally I dont give a *** who you are...

Lets see.. How many stunters I help out.. Host videos, provide free parts, provide them with cages when they cant afford them at regular cost...Help families and teams out who have lost riders...I can go on and on.. do i want praise.. Hell no...

It is what it is.. you hate me thomas good.. I dont like you either... Your not the godfather of running a stunt show.. I really dont have much to say to your ***...

Thomas go waste your time worring about announcing stuntwars..

Funny things is Im such a liar.. my teammate Preacher has stuck by myside along with many stunters here in detroit...

Thomas its a lost cause... *** OFF!!!!
Old 01-19-2006, 12:39 AM

~Mandy~ is a decent person

I have probably driven this man crazy at times! If I am not sure, or doubt in my mind how to handle something I don't hesitate to ask.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:04 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Great company! will send you an unfinished product but charge you full price..........orderd 2 sets of clipons and both came un-anodized! and both came with 1 bar shorter than the other
Doh! i ordered some of those a week ago! Hope mine dont come like that. Ill keep yall posted
Old 01-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Originally Posted by SICK_508
bmac customs is one of the best solid cage and i ve dropped it many time nothing happens.....www.bmaccustoms.com
bussiness 101 finish your website before linking people to it

-kane

Quick Reply: Runaway Customs Cage?