USPS------ebay and the post office

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 02:45 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person
USPS------ebay and the post office

ok, i'm sure many of you sell things over ebay, i sell a lot in the winter because i'm currently laid off from my job and have no income....anyways....i was looking to see what other people do for shipping....EVERYTIME i go the the post office to send items i get treated like ****....doesn't matter which post office.....the one that is only 2 blocks from my house has actually inforced a 10 item maximum per day

would such malarchy happen in the private sector??? hell no, i spend between 75-100 dollars EVERYTIME i walk in that damn place, at least 1 time per week, sometimes twice.....don't know about you guys, but if i owned a buisness that shipped and had a hundred stamp buyers or one guy with 15 boxes..i'd be suckin the sweat off the nuts of the guy who has the boxes

usps is the CHEAPEST place to send a box that is "smaller" that i have found....so i'm kinda screwed, i'm going to have to deal with these ****tards all the time....i'm just wondering how other people combat these problems??
Old 01-03-2006, 02:51 PM

crzy954rr is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: USPS------ebay and the post office

There are some private places here in Lincoln that are real good, But mostly I just go the UPS Store that's like 1/2 block from me, or something like that. The people that work there are really nice, and always willing to spend the extra time to help. Idk i've seemed to have good luck.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:59 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

hmm well I sell a few things on ebay every now and then, and the local ups store I go to is awesome, he knows me so I get hooked up sometimes on shipping
Old 01-03-2006, 03:00 PM

Kaotic is an unknown quantity at this point

i just give a smile that says **** you to them right back. they are rude bastards.. no customer service here either
Old 01-03-2006, 03:13 PM

they just don't care HOW much you spend there.....that's what i've come to find.....isn't that kinda ****ed up?
Old 01-03-2006, 03:39 PM
DNFstunt

Regstunts is a decent person

Don't get me started on the mailing of parcels!!! I am a moderate ebay user (142 feedback) so I use the post office quite a bit.

Outgoing:
I always use Canada Post, which gets picked up by the USPS once it crosses the border. I never really have an issue with lost or damaged packages for the most part. From the ammount of **** I've sold over the years the damage has been minimal and acceptable. What I do find is inconsistant pricing between different post offices. I have found one in a pharmacy close by that I use all the time. They know me now and help out however they can. The closer post office has a bunch of fvckheads working there, and the pricing seems to be WAY off sometime...not sure how this happens as weight and size are measured and then entered into a compter, but they always hose me. I don't use UPS, DHL or FedEx as they cost more.

About that insurance...read the link at the bottom!!! What a scam!

Incomming:
Here is my major issue. Living in Canada most of the bike parts I buy come from the US. ANYTIME I receive a UPS package I get screwed LARGE on tax, duty and what they call a brokerage fee. I won't go into it here, but I will link to my BLOG for you to read my frusterating story of a lifetime about UPS. I got screwed BAD on this one....

The UPS Scandal
Old 01-03-2006, 03:44 PM

f4hIgh is an unknown quantity at this point

Fu*k that!!!! if i were you bro, i would call them out on it infront of all thier other customers or if you dont like being a d*ck call the manager and tell him how much bussiness you give them and ask him why his employee's would turn you away! but hey thats just me! good luck bro
Old 01-03-2006, 03:51 PM

iStunt is an unknown quantity at this point

Ryan, I would tell you to go with FedEx Ground. I worked for FedEx for 2.5 years and my fathers worked for them for 25 years. Now I know that probably doesn't me **** to you but what does is their customer service. I've seen the process and worked handling the boxes. I know that if you have an account with them and if a package is late or is damaged then you are reinbursed for that shipment. A lot of ppl complain about the price and say that it's too much, in fact it isn't. These ppl really don't know the phrase "You get what you pay for". If you pay for cheap shipping then you'll get treated like a cheap customer.

Just my
Old 01-03-2006, 03:51 PM

keeth is an unknown quantity at this point

Just get a fedex account and call in your pick up when you need one. it costs a little bit more than USPS but you don't have to wait in a fucted up line or even get dressed for that matter!!!
Old 01-03-2006, 04:24 PM
awww **** motorcycles!

paragus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to all

if your rockin paypal and you have a printer u can print out your own USPS and UPS labels.
EDIT: then u dont have to deal with them, and u can just drop off a bunch of **** at once.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:49 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Just deal with mean people. They're not so bad once you're used to it.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:56 PM
DNFstunt

Regstunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by MikeM
Just deal with mean people. They're not so bad once you're used to it.
You live in New York. I don't think your opinion has much weight on that matter.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:08 PM

yeah, i need to get a printer....how does that work then, do you actually have to weigh the box yourself??? isn't it easy to *** over the shipping price in your favor??
Old 01-03-2006, 06:34 PM

Scott@STUNTERS is an unknown quantity at this point

everything ordered from my store is shipped via USPS Priority mail with the exception of cages and 12 bars....

I have never had a problem with USPS before, besides having to wait in line sometimes around 45 minutes...... which sucks!

However, I usually see the same lady(I just choose to ship through her) almost everytime, and she is super cool... infact ive tossed a tshirt, dvd, and a signed poster to her to give her grandson.....
She knows me by name since I am in there about 3-4 days a week.....

On the otherhand, I have always had problems with UPS until my recent move to my new home..... where my UPS guy(still do not know his name), delivers all of my UPS packages.....(and makes sure to ring my doorbell).... I havce actually witnessed UPS guys act like they are walking up to your door to rint he doorbell, and not do anything except leave that dumb yellow note saying that they tried to deliver the box.....
It may have also helped to give him a free dvd as well.........
My UPS guy even go above and beyond, by walking aroundby me fence, and leaving packages in my backyeard if I am not home.... so some little kid doesn't come by and jack the package sitting on my doorstep...... lol

my .10 cents,
Big Scott
www.stunters.com
www.teamstunters.com
Old 01-03-2006, 06:59 PM

Kaotic is an unknown quantity at this point

my usps guy is a bastard that delivers mail, he won't even go to my door allot to drop off packages he';s come up with allot of excuses usually he just leaves the sticker nobody there or whatever, when he dun even get out of his little car. or says he's afraid of my collie in my house that wouldn;'t hurt somone if they broke into the house lol
Old 01-03-2006, 10:09 PM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person

I only use FedEx anymore. Only had one item get messed up the whole time I've been eBaying stuff. Also, they are the fastest and cheapest. UPS can suck a ****! They are super slow and WAY overpriced. I've never had any problems with USPS either other than a couple things being too big.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:17 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

its the people not the company or usps.....fed-ex here sucks, they've lost my packages, sent them to wrong destinations and everything else....UPS guy around where I live is great, and USPS people are usually really good here too

I can see how some USPS people would be ****s sometime because it doesn't matter how much you spend, it doesn't affect them or their pocket books at all, being they are a government agency.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:42 PM

Gixxer_R.i.F. is a decent person

I work at FedEx so I get 75% off all that I ship... Normally I ship smaller stuff or anything APO through USPS. Tip though Never Never go through DHL I have recieved boxs from them with foot prints on the package, boxs that looked like they were hand carried through WWII.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:23 PM

stuntf@n is an unknown quantity at this point

We send stuff through usps 3 or 4 times a week, and we haven't had any problems so far. We send bigger boxes through UPS, but the stupid people are open 2 hours in the evening only, which isn't the same schedule as us.

Our usps delivery person is annoying. She won't get out of her car and take the package to the door. She honks the horn for a while, then throws it in the back of our truck if we didn't go out in time to see who's honking. We don't drive that truck, so we'll find the package a few days later.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:42 AM

truestunna is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a fedex account but they suck service wise since they merged with kinko's, everytime i go in there they're morons and take forever, with the account though it's definetly cheaper than ups and about the same as the post office if you add in insurance and tracking.

Quick Reply: USPS------ebay and the post office