Got a New Play toy!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 11:39 PM

lockjaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Got a New Play toy!

hell of a deal. i had picked up a 04 636 salv with 1400 miles, just the front clip and tail were cracked for $2800. congragulations
Old 12-30-2005, 12:53 AM

zx636skiv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Armenian
Yea it does look like the upper bracket is broke--
If it is definatly broke, let me know, I have an extra...I think it is bent though.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:18 AM

kirk newcomer is a decent person

i was watching that one too,and showed it to a buddy, supposedly they crack at the frame real easy and i didn't want to chance it, hopefully its just the forks though. good luck.dumbest freakin auction site ever ive won several bikes but that whole added 5mins of bid time is b.s.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:39 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Just got back--everything is fine with the bike except the frame. It's pushed in a few inches on the bottom--funny thing is its still rideable.

Let me know if anyones got a 636 frame laying around--or maybe i can put a tie strap around the front wheel, attach it to my truck and haul ***.

Note to self: dont ride the 636 into a wall LOL.

-Alvin
Old 12-30-2005, 07:41 PM
Yut-ugh.

nickalltogether is a decent person

is that how it got bent? if so... what an idiot
Old 12-30-2005, 07:49 PM

..jk.. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zx636skiv
If it is definatly broke, let me know, I have an extra...I think it is bent though.

If it's the same year 636 as my brothers I don't see how it could bend! Plastic snaps, it does not bend.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:51 PM

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

960 dollars for a brand new frame at Ron Ayers...hmmmm

I think It might be worth swapping frames--all the other major components on this bike are mint.....
Old 12-30-2005, 08:07 PM

Or since its rideable say *** it and get a damn frame later.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:05 PM
Yut-ugh.

960 dollars for a brand new frame at Ron Ayers...hmmmm

I think It might be worth swapping frames--all the other major components on this bike are mint.....
i think it would be worth it, then you've got a good bike for super cheap.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by ..jk..
If it's the same year 636 as my brothers I don't see how it could bend! Plastic snaps, it does not bend.
The upper fairing bracket is cast aluminum...it also holds the ram air, mirrors, and gauges...and yes, it bends/ cracks very easily.

Note to self: dont ride the 636 into a wall LOL.

-Alvin
Dayum....I coulda told you that!
Too bad Tom isn't still around, he probably could have found a frame for ya...but then again, you would have had to file off the numbers and re-stamp yours onto the hot frame! Sounds like you got a decent deal...now call Roger up and get that FI cage!! And stay away from walls.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:41 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

a buddy of mine is a squid and wrecked his 02 ZX-6R.
basically the same condition with the frame bendage,
but a little bit more cosmetic damage than that.
oh and its 500 bucks. do you think i should buy it?
Old 12-31-2005, 12:11 AM

I think i found a good use for my tax money this year LOL. Skiv I think I might pass on the FI deal this time--I loved the user friendly design but it just did'nt provide appealing results on my 929-now i realise why they go to 3 point designs because freestyle's 2 points can only take so much abuse before all the threads get pulled out of the main mount. If I did'nt dump my bike so much I'd probably run an FI again I guess....

-Alvin
Old 12-31-2005, 01:19 AM

Here are the rest of the pics--check out that bling exhaust haha.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1388.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	161765   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1389.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	161766   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1390.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	161767   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1391.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	161768  
Old 12-31-2005, 01:21 AM

Here's one of the indentations--can't really tell by the pic:

Name:	IMG_1384.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	161769  
Old 12-31-2005, 02:09 AM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

Here's one of the indentations--can't really tell by the pic:
wtf do u mean u can't tell!? jeezus christ. that's some impact... here's the plan.. beat her till she cries.. just no endo's until u get a frame.. it shouldn't crack,... to jus tkeep the front tire off the ground for a while

and other guy askin about his buddies bike.. u're a squid too, so shut the fvck up.. learn to use the clutch homo
Old 12-31-2005, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
wtf do u mean u can't tell!? jeezus christ. that's some impact... here's the plan.. beat her till she cries.. just no endo's until u get a frame.. it shouldn't crack,... to jus tkeep the front tire off the ground for a while
Come on now! U honestly think I'm just going to sit there and stare at the frame knowing i can just clutch it up and not worry about it?!!! Stunt pics should be here shortly--time to start setting this animal up. I guess the 929 will be the "standby on standby stuntbike" :YEAH

-Alvin
Old 12-31-2005, 02:23 AM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

god.. goin from 929 to an f4i for me made such HUGE difference! u're gonna love life brotha!
Old 12-31-2005, 05:41 AM

Ahh hell, that dent ain't bad. Probably won't affect the ride at all in a lot, maybe on the street, but who cares in the lot.

Now you need a shorty can....ok, you can give me the muzzys for my shorty! No sense in messing up that purty bling can!

I do have a spare upper if you are going full faired. I believe it is cracked, but at least it has more plastic than yours! I also have a headlight (back is cracked) and the upper fairing/ gauge bracket.

See...next week, your bike could look like these pics...but blue!!

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	161773   Click image for larger version

Name:	skiv_12.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	161774  
Old 12-31-2005, 10:00 AM
Yut-ugh.

Originally Posted by zx636skiv
Ahh hell, that dent ain't bad. Probably won't affect the ride at all in a lot, maybe on the street, but who cares in the lot.

Now you need a shorty can....ok, you can give me the muzzys for my shorty! No sense in messing up that purty bling can!

I do have a spare upper if you are going full faired. I believe it is cracked, but at least it has more plastic than yours! I also have a headlight (back is cracked) and the upper fairing/ gauge bracket.

See...next week, your bike could look like these pics...but blue!!
i don't think your wheels are round in that second pic.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by nickalltogether
i don't think your wheels are round in that second pic.
I don't think it's real either!!

My photoshopped stunt pictures rock! :YEAH

Quick Reply: Got a New Play toy!