For those with mxd cages on their f4is

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 12:40 AM

Nocanstunto is an unknown quantity at this point
For those with mxd cages on their f4is

I don't know if its just my cage but on the right side where the cage sits on the front mount...anyones cage kinda sit inside the frame hole leaving a little gap at the top after you tightenin to the parts of the cage together at the bottom?

It makes it so the right side of the cage kinda sits lower when you stand the bike up...now as nice as the left side mount.

Anyone else have this issue?
Old 12-19-2005, 01:00 AM
Yut-ugh.

nickalltogether is a decent person
Re: For those with mxd cages on their f4is

don't have one, but sounds like you might have missed a spacer or something? i actually don't know what i'm talking about, but it's worth a shot to look.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:21 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

put a bunch of washers in there and dont use the plastic spacers the will crush with a good wreck
Old 12-19-2005, 10:20 AM

I have the spacer in there but like suicidl said it will break and mine has.

The only thing is on the left side the cage sits on the outside of the frame but on the right side it seems to sit a little bit inside the frame hole...like the cage was big enough...but if it didnt sit inside the hole the lower attachment to screws the two parts of the cage together wouldn't even be close enough so I could tighten them...is this how its designed on everyones?
Old 12-19-2005, 02:28 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Use more washers
Old 12-19-2005, 02:55 PM

If I were to do that the bar that hooks the two sides of the cage together infront of the headers wouldn't reach.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:47 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

you are the only person i have heard having a problem getting a mxd on. they are probably the easiest cage ever to put on

you might be worring to much just bolt it up and ride it
Old 12-19-2005, 04:22 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Nocanstunto
If I were to do that the bar that hooks the two sides of the cage together infront of the headers wouldn't reach.
Make it reach.

You're going to beat the **** out of it anyway
Old 12-19-2005, 05:10 PM

I have already installed the cage its just that it doesnt sit flat on the right side against the frame like the left side does..the bar sits somewhat inside the frame. I will try to do the washer technique and see if that helps any.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:18 PM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

i have the same problem on the left side of my gixxer with my mxd cage.....tell you the truth i dont sweet it.......i have hid the ground HARD with it like that and still the cage is in perfect shape and so is my bike.....well perfect for a stunt bike....hahhahahah
Old 12-19-2005, 07:44 PM
bp chaser

Originally Posted by Nocanstunto
I have already installed the cage its just that it doesnt sit flat on the right side against the frame like the left side does..the bar sits somewhat inside the frame. I will try to do the washer technique and see if that helps any.
Dont tighten any bolts until you have them all in loosely
Old 12-19-2005, 10:30 PM

Ya I know...I will get a pic after I get the cage fixed up.