cage

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 07:09 PM

PROJEK98 is an unknown quantity at this point
cage

i am debating on which cage to purchase for the 03-05 r6. (905; mxd; fi; etc.) i had the fi on my r1 but need input on the r6. i know the 905 is up there to your shins. would the mxd be the same (up on your shins)? i know fi came out with the new design and i thinking about it.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:01 PM
vvXDL Finals Las Vegas vv

Ford will become famous soon enoughFord will become famous soon enough
Re: cage

Originally Posted by PROJEK98
i am debating on which cage to purchase for the 03-05 r6. (905; mxd; fi; etc.) i had the fi on my r1 but need input on the r6. i know the 905 is up there to your shins. would the mxd be the same (up on your shins)? i know fi came out with the new design and i thinking about it.
i had the fi on my 03 r6 and loved it!
Old 12-08-2005, 01:27 AM
www.sicriders.com

SIC Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

mxd would not have a prob hitting your shins
Old 12-08-2005, 04:22 AM

Brian V is an unknown quantity at this point

+1 Mxd..........
Old 12-08-2005, 07:46 AM

John LegionST is a decent person

FI are the least intrusive, best engineered cages in stunting, hands down! They preotect the bike GREAT, are lighter, WAY easier to put on/off (especially after a couple crashes) and Tim's customer service is matched by no one!!! Go with FI!!!
Old 12-08-2005, 11:07 AM

The Jeweler is an unknown quantity at this point

MXD all the way don't bother wasting money on anything else, those FI cages just get destroyed after a crash. You want a cage that will protect your bike go MXD, if you want a cage that you can hardly notice go FI. Most of the guys who promote the FI cages are sponsored by them, that's why they do it. I have a FI pro bar and i love it so i'm not hatin on FI just talking from experience. Plus how can you possibly top the chromoly MXD cages they are indestructible
Old 12-08-2005, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Triple 5 Stunt
MXD all the way don't bother wasting money on anything else, those FI cages just get destroyed after a crash. You want a cage that will protect your bike go MXD, if you want a cage that you can hardly notice go FI. Most of the guys who promote the FI cages are sponsored by them, that's why they do it. I have a FI pro bar and i love it so i'm not hatin on FI just talking from experience. Plus how can you possibly top the chromoly MXD cages they are indestructible
Have you ever used an FI cage?!? I have USED (not goin on heresay here) all three major cages (FI, 905, and Powers) and have found that the FI protects the bike the BEST! I looped some stoppies sideways trying to turn the rear and land on high stuff and never even CRACKED my upper or anything else on the bike (and we know how strong 636 uppers and parts are in general) the ONLY thing i have ever broken on with an FI cage on was a rearset on a nasty highside. Other cages have left my clipons bent, fairings craked and upper stays bent and broken because the bike rolls right up in the side. and they are just as bad about rearsets (well i have to say that i never broke a rearset with a 905 cage, but i broke more than with an FI cage on there)

Bottom line is that i have used them all (and an MDX is almost the same as a Powers) and the FI is the MOST protective and Easiest to work with, whether it be putting it on/off or riding with it. Combine that with FAR SUPERIOR customer service... I think the choice is clear...
Old 12-08-2005, 12:59 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by john LegionST
Bottom line is that i have used them all (and an MDX is almost the same as a Powers) and the FI is the MOST protective and Easiest to work with, whether it be putting it on/off or riding with it. Combine that with FAR SUPERIOR customer service... I think the choice is clear...
we are nowhere near powers. thats like comparing FI to Slidaz, even i wouldn't do that.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Triple 5 Stunt
those FI cages just get destroyed after a crash.

apparently you dont know what you are talking about. i've had the same cage, the FIRST generation FI cage for a 636, for 2 years and it is still working like a charm.

the overall package with FI is unmatched: quality, packaging, instructions, ease of install, etc.

i've had an mxd too and that was a nice product, but more difficult to put on.

i've had 905 and that was beefy and tough, but a pain to get on and off, especially after you crashed.

each cage offers different things, but i'll alwasy stick with an FI cage, and not because i get them for free, but becasue i think they are the best.

i just installed my 05 cbr600rr cage last night in about 20 minutes and the quality of the product is amazing!
Old 12-08-2005, 02:43 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

What you guys ( john LegionST,TEACH C6 )have to understand is that not everyone is at your level........You guys obviously dont crash as often or as hard as us beginers do.. 2 different guys just started stunting in my area 1 has a FI cage on a 99 GSXR and the other 905 on a 929 both cages lasted less than a month.......FI broke after maybe 5 big hits, the slider part broke away from the loop. The 905 took 2-3 nice hits and a weld broke and the cage collapsed......

Me and Triple 5 Stunt went with the MXD's and they are still going after 20+ big hits, mine is tweaked but its still doing its job....Maybe one day when I dont crash as much or as hard I'll get the FI because its a nice looking cage. I just cant honestly see it protecting my bike as good as the MXD does when it comes to dropping the bike really hard........

Heres another guy from around here with a FI

Old 12-08-2005, 04:13 PM

PROJEK98 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for all the opinion but i wanted to know about the different cages for the 03-05 r6. i agree that the fi is the easiest to put on and take off. i love it on my 03 r1 but wanted to try a different cage for the 6.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:17 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

My Fi Has Taken **** Loads Of Hard Hits.my Right Side Motor Mount Bolt Is Bent And Thats It.i Have Seen 905 Cages Break At The Weld On 1 Big Hit And Bend So Bad You Have To Cut It Up With A Torch To Get It Off.

Fi All The Way And I Have To Pay For Mine.!!!
Old 12-08-2005, 04:19 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PROJEK98
thanks for all the opinion but i wanted to know about the different cages for the 03-05 r6. i agree that the fi is the easiest to put on and take off. i love it on my 03 r1 but wanted to try a different cage for the 6.
NO, CAUSE NOW ITS ANOTHER CAGE WAR ON STUNTLIFE!!
Old 12-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=JohnnyP]What you guys ( john LegionST,TEACH C6 )have to understand is that not everyone is at your level........You guys obviously dont crash as often or as hard as us beginers do..[QUOTE=JohnnyP]

i hear ya to a certain extent, but i learned hc o's on it and crashed hard a BUNCH of times with no damage.

and that cage you have pictured looks like an old design and also looks like the bolt that goes through teh lower part of the frame slider and the loop wasnt even attached properly - the bolt is still in the loop, but the loop is not in the frame slider???

my extended sliders did that ONLY when i crashed without the loop.

anywho, more cage choices are a good thing
Old 12-08-2005, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by -MXD-
we are nowhere near powers. thats like comparing FI to Slidaz, even i wouldn't do that.
Sorry bro, wasn't tying to bash your cage, its just my personal opinon. and i meant the STYLE not the actual quality or function of your cage. I have no experience with MXD but HAVE heard good things... again, my apologies.

Teach, good points bro, more options, better for everyone.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:26 PM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

i have had my mxd for over a year now......and i will always put a mxd cage on my bikes.....things are bullet proof
Old 12-09-2005, 12:04 AM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been an FI guy for a long time, wanting to try an MXD soon... but one things for sure, I'll NEVER buy a 905 ever again.

1 drop and this is what happens to the welds????? 2nd drop, 2nd pic.

POS
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	15 015.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	160135   Click image for larger version

Name:	15 008.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	160136   Click image for larger version

Name:	15 009.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	160137  
Old 12-09-2005, 12:20 AM

nwstuntbike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kj954
I've been an FI guy for a long time, wanting to try an MXD soon... but one things for sure, I'll NEVER buy a 905 ever again.

1 drop and this is what happens to the welds????? 2nd drop, 2nd pic.

POS
yes sir ,people think just cause the weld looks good it is good,lol
thats a down fall of mass producing these things with out any real quality control checks every now and again,don't get me wrong i'm not knocking 905 as a company ,arron does great things and seems to be helpful to his customers,and he is great job security for for smaller companies like myself.

there's been a couple people who bought my cages and then thought they could start making cages with there walmart welder's,lol PENITRATION FOLKS! THATS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE MADE BY PEOPLE YOU GOTA MELT THE METAL NOT JUST STACK SOME PRETTY LOOKING BEADS ONIT

also if your goin to make one anyway atleast get a book on welding before you fire up that $99 dolla speacial ,to much heat will take away the temper from the metal and turn it to glass,see above photo i've seen this many times this last summer. i went threw 2+ yr's of trial and error before getting my welds and cages bulletproof ,some of you witnessed this painfull process i'm not sayin i'm the best or my welds are the best ,but i did all my testing and breaking on my own life and bikes not the public's,werd
Old 12-09-2005, 12:28 AM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

i dunno what cage is the best but i have tons and tons of hard crashes on my 905 and it works like charm to this day..get whatever cage youl ike best
Old 12-09-2005, 12:42 PM

In Aaron from 905's defense, i believe they had a run of bad metal/or weld wire or something, I am 99% positive that he will replace that cage for you!!!

Quick Reply: cage