What to do..

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 03:05 AM
streets belong 2 us

Incantation is an unknown quantity at this point
What to do..

Hey guys.. new to stunting, but the bug has got me good..

So i own and '02 f4i, and fortunately that's the best bike to start with.. so here's my dilemna:

I bought a 50 for the slow stuff..

I also want a litre bike.. like a zx-10 or something for normal riding

for stunting:

do i keep this bike (virtually perfect condition) and stuntify it?

or should i sell it and buy a beat up one, or a rebuilt one and turn that into a stunt bike? i am mechanically inclined and can do all that.. and if i sold my f4i to get a cheaper one i could use the leftover cash towards a litre bike..

i know an '02 isn't new, but it is in perfect condition and it would kind of be a shame to bag the shxt out of it

thoughts?
Old 11-21-2005, 03:20 AM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough
Re: What to do..

Originally Posted by Incantation
Hey guys.. new to stunting, but the bug has got me good..

So i own and '02 f4i, and fortunately that's the best bike to start with.. so here's my dilemna:

I bought a 50 for the slow stuff..

I also want a litre bike.. like a zx-10 or something for normal riding

for stunting:

do i keep this bike (virtually perfect condition) and stuntify it?

or should i sell it and buy a beat up one, or a rebuilt one and turn that into a stunt bike? i am mechanically inclined and can do all that.. and if i sold my f4i to get a cheaper one i could use the leftover cash towards a litre bike..

i know an '02 isn't new, but it is in perfect condition and it would kind of be a shame to bag the shxt out of it

thoughts?
you will never get anywhere if u want to keep it mint, go wreck that thing. HARD.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:43 AM

topfueldart is an unknown quantity at this point

pull all the fairings and tank off of it, buy a dented tank off ebay, buy a cage, and dont worry about it, other than your exhaust can and maybe some other small stuff, you wont do much damage to the bike at all ... then, if you decide to sell it, put it back to stock ... very few people want to buy a beat bike ...
Old 11-21-2005, 06:09 AM

Nick Apex is a decent person

Sell it, buy a beater F4i, take all the plastic off your new beater, learn everything you can. You could also buy an older F3 to learn on, cheaper, even more of a tank, and VERY easy to learn on.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:04 AM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

sell all th minty stuff make sum $$$ to buy a cage bar, etc...then after uve slowed down alil and crash at say 10-15 mph and not 60, buy sum stuntplastics for cheap and put those on iff u want full fairing
Old 11-21-2005, 10:16 AM
streets belong 2 us

hmm.. yea some good suggestions. i think the "strip the bike and ride it naked + cages" is the best idea so far.. that way once i figure out my shxt i can put all the stuff back on and still ride it.. i love the bike; handles so nicely

still open to hearing ideas if anyone has any opinions
Old 11-21-2005, 02:46 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point

FU(K SELLING IT!!!! hahaha. TAKE OFF THE PLASTICS AND LEARN,. later put em back on it if you know where its at (full fairing cough cough)....
I had a 2002 mint f4i 2 years ago. got it with full intentions of stunting it, and look us now! hahahahahaha stunted it full on mint plastic and everything...but like i suggested, I woulda taken em off if i knew what was good for me, but i love full fairings.....
just get a cage and a flat bar to learn with and call it good.
learn to wheelie stock gear, put on bigger sprockets after you learn brake control and can wheelie without speeding up and can slow it down......
Old 11-21-2005, 03:28 PM

rui929cracka is an unknown quantity at this point

its an expensive sport dude i can tell you your bike will get more trashed on the street when you get hit by a car or slide out on a corner if your worried bout breaking **** it might not be the right sport for you i have an 01 929 bought it wit 1500 miles on it rode it mint for a year and then everything was loose the headlight brackets broke and all my fairings hung low cause they broke too so strip the bike get a cage a bar and dent in the tank to your liking your gonna drop mad dough any way you look at it
Old 11-21-2005, 05:38 PM
streets belong 2 us

i'm not worried about breaking anything, i am simply having a look at my options and seeing what makes financial sense.

anyway, jowalski i am curious why you think i should stick with the stock sprocket ( i have already gone up 5 teeth) for wheelies? i can clutch up in 1st and 2nd no problem... but i still haven't learned to finesse the brake.

on the 50 it's no problem.. i can wheelie it.. slow down, speed up, etc.. so i kind of figured it would make more sense to learn the rear brake on the big bike going slow, maybe not though
Old 11-21-2005, 05:53 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by Incantation
i'm not worried about breaking anything, i am simply having a look at my options and seeing what makes financial sense.

anyway, jowalski i am curious why you think i should stick with the stock sprocket ( i have already gone up 5 teeth) for wheelies? i can clutch up in 1st and 2nd no problem... but i still haven't learned to finesse the brake.

on the 50 it's no problem.. i can wheelie it.. slow down, speed up, etc.. so i kind of figured it would make more sense to learn the rear brake on the big bike going slow, maybe not though
Don't worry about saving and having extra money for a minty liter bike. Keep your F4i and fiddy. You won't have time nor want to ride your minty bike once you get deep into stuntin. That thing is just going to sit there, collect dust and your going to loose money on that since you never ride it and you know how much these things depreciate...

You say you have the stunt bug now... Wait until you start learning some sh*t.. That bug only get's bigger, more addicting and no other riding (pretty bikes, racing) will matter.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:39 PM

Jon PBR is an unknown quantity at this point

I still ride my minty 1000rr every once in awhile. I think it is nice to have. The 929 does get way more of my attention but sometimes I like to ride the street and the 1000 is great for it.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:52 PM

the reason i say learn stock is because, personally, i feel like thats a step you gotta go through... seems alot easier to learn brake control and everything like that when you have a smoother engine brake. Plus it kinda makes it necessary to learn brake control, less engine brake to catch you if you start to loop. Also, if you learn stock, as soon as you gear up bigger, like lot sprockets, (10 up or more) its nothing but progression from there. It makes everything alot easier when you already can do wheelies stock. Clutching up isnt hard, its learning to balance that wheelie out that is.
your also alot less likely to be dropping your bike alot if you are going 35mph and up, side to side balance isnt such a big deal. And, in the long run, less dropping=less broke ****.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:55 PM

oh yeah, learn in first, not second..... first is harder to be smooth in than second...
Riding a fiddy can do two things, it can help you tons, if you learn to use the rear brake on it, or it can totally ruin your brake control, because you can wheelie it all day long without using the brake, but the throttle control you learn from those things is useless because theres a huge lag from when you let off the throttle to when you actually have engine brake..... I have seen a few peoples riding suffer horribly from riding fiddies alot, then jumping on a big bike and trying to use the fiddy throttle control and just being choppy as hell.........
Now, dont buy stock gears if you have to do that to have em, just cage it, bar it and learn......................
Take off the plastics if you feel the need and rock that shitttttttttttttttttttttttt
Old 11-21-2005, 11:10 PM
streets belong 2 us

right on.. thanks for your input dude. on the 50 a lot of the time i practice slowing down from speed to a standstill.. gradually and also quickly so i have the bike almost vertical (or it feels that way)

i haven't yet gotten a feel for it because my wheelies on the f4i are all sit down and tapping the brake is really awkward.. even after adjusting the pedal. i will have to practice it doing stand-ups i guess so it doesn't feel so odd

thanks again
Old 11-22-2005, 01:50 AM

worst case scenario, my st louis teammates have their brake pedals bent out a bit to make it easier to hit......... something to consider...
mine is bent in from getting hit so many times, but its all preference......
Old 11-22-2005, 09:20 AM
streets belong 2 us

hm yea i will have to break out the heat gun i guess and bend it, hopefully it doesn't snap
Old 11-22-2005, 09:44 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

I bought my bike used in basically mint condition and then thrashed it.........That was a big step for me getting over the fact Im going to crash and Im going to break ****.......
Old 11-22-2005, 09:55 AM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

Cage it, gear it and stunt it. Remember how your mother must have felt sending you off to school for the first time.......
Check my avatar. 05, 2000 miles not a scratch..........yet anyways It'll look like a salvaged bike by June.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:32 AM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person

Originally Posted by Matt Gorka
Cage it, gear it and stunt it. Remember how your mother must have felt sending you off to school for the first time.......
Check my avatar. 05, 2000 miles not a scratch..........yet anyways It'll look like a salvaged bike by June.

Does this mean we are going to see more of you riding in the next year or so?
Old 11-22-2005, 11:09 AM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

I don't know if you'll see me, but I will be doing more riding.
I've been off the bike for a while. I'm rusty, maybe even washed up.

.....the clutch is still on the left, correct?

Quick Reply: What to do..