International "Unity" Squad To Compete At Stuntwars !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 10:30 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person
Re: International "Unity" Squad To Compete At Stuntwars !!

While i am not the biggest fan of the idea of a team event from a riders stand point, I feel its unjust and as other have said.. a quick fight of whom can stack the best team first..

BUT...

Team event is by far the most fun, most chaotic, highlight, photographers wet dream, in every video, fun for the riders best event their is..

me personallly.. I look at 3 of the comps like this..

Individual freestyle :
Im taking it very serious this year, as its my time to show what i have, how i can assemble it, my professionalism... its going to be stressful. all eyes on you event. for some of us.. its work.

Team event:
icing on the cake... after a phenominal week fo riding with everyone, shooting the ****, making friends, getting drunk, and reminding us all why we do this.. team event is our release.. its to have fun, take less serious, show the crowd what we all about while being able to equally share the experience with a "team" of friends.. whether they are new, old, famous, skilled, of neither.. as a rider. team event is a blast. as a fan team event is even better...

sickest trick:
either u pull it or u wreck it. this event should be a bawls out.. push the limits of ourselves as riders, and our sport as a whole... DO IT or go home event. there is a reason its last.. cause in my eyes.. the tricks should be one where if u dont pull it.. you.. or the bike.. are not going home in one peice.. (at least this event would be if first place got us mroe than a ****in T-shirt! ****!)
Old 11-16-2005, 10:30 PM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DLish
i just put $20 in my newly started stuntwars fund!
total balance-$20
the girl across the room wants a rasberry smirnoff.. and then another one..and then tip.

total balance-0

Old 11-17-2005, 01:25 AM
*Rockstar*

vertical_joe is an unknown quantity at this point

Sick! I can't wait to meet everyone for the first time! I am som stoked!
Old 11-17-2005, 01:41 AM
*Rockstar*

vertical_joe is an unknown quantity at this point

AC, the guys from France (who I have been a fan of since Urban 3) rumors of Pfiefer, all the u.s. guys that are coming....are you kidding me, how can this not be epic!

All I have to say is that it is very cool to have people like Drew, and Argo Cycles that have enough interest in us *** o's that now matter how much **** we talk and all the whining that we do they still are willing to go the lengths they do to make stuff like this happen!

Thank you Mr. Stone!
Old 11-17-2005, 01:51 AM

Brian~11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where is Tony D? I figured he would be a part of this with his traveling last year.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:17 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

ZANNMANN can only hope to improve

damn fab sorry to hear ,i had a very similar operation a few years ago and it is actully stronger than before now(i think) dont let it get you down man just remember to not get on it to early ,a full recovery is a must for that **** to ever be good to crash on again. cant wait to chill at SW with you and your boy later homie get better soon
-mike
Old 11-17-2005, 02:28 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vertical_joe
AC, the guys from France (who I have been a fan of since Urban 3) rumors of Pfiefer, all the u.s. guys that are coming....are you kidding me, how can this not be epic!

All I have to say is that it is very cool to have people like Drew, and Argo Cycles that have enough interest in us *** o's that now matter how much **** we talk and all the whining that we do they still are willing to go the lengths they do to make stuff like this happen!

Thank you Mr. Stone!

+1
Old 11-17-2005, 02:42 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

Cyril YEAH!!! that dude is one of my favorite stuntriders, can't wait to see him at SW!! :YEAH!!
Old 11-17-2005, 02:57 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

NO dream teams allowed....i would almost use SL as a tool for weeding out "dream teams"....if your not a team on SL than your not a team......i don't care to hear any arguments
Old 11-17-2005, 03:04 PM

D-WRECK is a decent person

USA VS. THE WORLD

IND. FREESTYLE

LONGEST STOPPIE

TEAM EVENT

just playin
Old 11-17-2005, 06:13 PM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person

Originally Posted by GSE Mike
NO dream teams allowed....i would almost use SL as a tool for weeding out "dream teams"....if your not a team on SL than your not a team......i don't care to hear any arguments

atleast somebody see's the light.........and joe is your bike red now or is it just the pic?
Old 11-17-2005, 06:52 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GSE Nick
atleast somebody see's the light.........and joe is your bike red now or is it just the pic?

how many actual teams are there out there worth watching?

and how many teams out there are worthy of the prize money?

there are no rules for a team, period. a team is a group of riders that are riding together for some purpose.

this sport is not going in the team direction except in terms of shows-and even then, it is usually a few different guys doing a show.

i agree with the whole team competition being axed or whatever, but if it IS still in place, there is absolutely no way to can determine what does and doesn't constitute a team. there are a hundred examples of this any one of us could give.

so either the team event goes, or it stays and whoever wants to ride together can. the problem is that the judging needs to be based on riding as a TEAM and being entertaining. there are bigger fish to fry (like what can and can't be done in team event / pushing bigger payouts in IF and stoppie / getting rid of longest NH) than what constitutes a team.

rant over. horse beat.

braaaaaaaaaaaap
Old 11-17-2005, 07:04 PM

catach42 is an unknown quantity at this point

longest no hander is gunna be a joke a this year. i bet 5+ people roll off the track. team freestyle is THE FUNNEST EVENT TO WATCH. no question about it, especailly if u really have no idea wats goin on. it is the most dynamic, chaotic, and entertaining. i dont think it should pay out as much as it does cuz really there are very few actual teams around that i can think of. but its fun to watch and i think alot of people are forgetting that ultimately that is waaaay more important than how fair it is
Old 11-17-2005, 07:09 PM

robert929lewis is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm just gonna give my in the form of a question. If these guys commin' over are as G O O D as y'all/they claim to be, why don't they compete individually and then at the end of the show, since they aren't a
R E A L team, how about do an exhibition for the F A N S and the crowd. First off, I'm not questioning their skillz, I've seen the damned videos just like everyone else, but stacking a team just to get a win, I mean really that's gay, almost like gettin' your homeboy to come wit' you 'cause your scared, but you still keep fvckin' wit' his gal...... Since the Starboyz, a team,
judged this year, why not have them compete next year. Or do they not compete anymore?.................Bottom line, the team event as a paying event is really past it's prime, I mean how funky can you get when riding wit'
a team, and then who is gonna see it when they're concentrating on the Team as a whole...........It's ridiculous, those guy's comming in from other countries should treat all of us to Individual Freestyle competition, but that brings up other issues with judging etc., I'm not gonna even bring that up.
Late..........Free C...........Major without a Major...........S.U.C...... For Life.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:30 PM

robert929lewis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by robert929lewis
I'm just gonna give my in the form of a question. If these guys commin' over are as G O O D as y'all/they claim to be, why don't they compete individually and then at the end of the show, since they aren't a
R E A L team, how about do an exhibition for the F A N S and the crowd. First off, I'm not questioning their skillz, I've seen the damned videos just like everyone else, but stacking a team just to get a win, I mean really that's gay, almost like gettin' your homeboy to come wit' you 'cause your scared, but you still keep fvckin' wit' his gal...... Since the Starboyz, a team,
judged this year, why not have them compete next year. Or do they not compete anymore?.................Bottom line, the team event as a paying event is really past it's prime, I mean how funky can you get when riding wit'
a team, and then who is gonna see it when they're concentrating on the Team as a whole...........It's ridiculous, those guy's comming in from other countries should treat all of us to Individual Freestyle competition, but that brings up other issues with judging etc., I'm not gonna even bring that up.
Late..........Free C...........Major without a Major...........S.U.C...... For Life.
UHHH,ummmm, did I do that. I'm officially apologizing for that brain far/vent I just let out, after a phone call and some reconsideration, I apologize. I went way left and that was not neccessary. Pls disregard my last post as the idiot that typed it does not have all of his faculties at the moment .......
Thanks in advance............Free C......Major without a Major.........
S.U.C..........For Life.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:29 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Drew Stone is a decent person

Originally Posted by robert929lewis
UHHH,ummmm, did I do that. I'm officially apologizing for that brain far/vent I just let out, after a phone call and some reconsideration, I apologize. I went way left and that was not neccessary. Pls disregard my last post as the idiot that typed it does not have all of his faculties at the moment .......
Thanks in advance............Free C......Major without a Major.........
S.U.C..........For Life.
Thanx for coming to your senses and posting up. Respect.
All these guys that are riding in the "Team Event" on both of the teams with the Europeans ARE competing in individual events. That's up them and that's their biziness. I'm ****ing around putting these teams together purely for entertainment purposes. It's not about the money. Things have been really really stale around this sport and I'm doing something shake the cage. Why? Becouse I can.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:47 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Drew Stone is a decent person
Em-rock joins

Due to the fact that our brother Fab (French Riviera Stunt Riders) is not due back from his knee surgery just yet the call has gone out to an super solid East Coast rider and great guy. Formally from New Jersey now relocated in the sunshine state the International "Unity Squad" is proud to announce the addition of Em-Rock. Hard work, determination and Skills, he deserves it. Haters must stand clear! The line up as it stands;

Alex Flores
Cyril
kaneone
Em-Rock
Bullo

This is a good positive thing and they deserve your praise and respect.

I have no financial interest in this team and I'm so damn excited to see all this in action! It's entertainment and lets have some fun with it!! As we all know the French stunt scene is strong and united, unlike anything we have here in the states. Em-Rock, the rest of the team and the whole Stuntwars event are going to get some great exposure over in Europe partally due to the fact Fab will be writing an article for the "Superstreetbike" of France "Speed Bikes" magazine. This is awesome and Stuntwars just got that much better.

The new "Urban" film is out and the new Stone Films NYC newsletter is going out next week so please siign up must sign up!! It's going to have all the news regarding the Urban Street-Bike Warriors "Black Sheep Squadron" '06 Tour. This is going to be the source. www.stonefilmsnyc.com

Thank you so much for the support

Re-spect

Drew Stone
Old 11-19-2005, 08:34 AM
Regular StuntLifer

john john is an unknown quantity at this point

emrock who he still rides ..lol..
Old 11-19-2005, 01:57 PM

Greg Mcglynn is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope for this years team event the judges really listen to crowd response and judge it fairly. Everyone remember 04 when geared up cleary won but got shafted. good luck to everyone cant wait to watch all the riders skills.

I cant wait to watch xfr and vertical outlaws both strong teams who ride as one. I am sure the hai team has something up their sleeves as well.