Is it safe to stunt by yourself?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 02:40 PM

CB450STUNTER is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it safe to stunt by yourself?

I ride by myself and don't have a cellphone. I pretty much suck at stunting, but I try. Would you stunt if you were by yourself and crashing could be a factor?
Old 03-27-2003, 02:53 PM

joey b is an unknown quantity at this point
i do it all the time

Last edited by joey b; 03-27-2003 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:58 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Papa Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldn't recommend it, but can't say that I haven't done it myself a few times!
Old 03-27-2003, 03:04 PM

Gixxer_Princess is an unknown quantity at this point
No a good idea...well at least in my book.

Tara
Old 03-27-2003, 04:22 PM
Regular StuntLifer

DieTrying is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by cr500
chances are if you stunt, you try to do it somewhere that people wont see you, that there is little traffic, and if you do it alone and crash, without a cell phone, then you are pretty much bleeding in a ditch till someone finds you somehow

not a good idea if you ask me
same feeling here, unless i'm in town, in a parking lot somewhere ****ing around, donuts, etc. i WON'T stun alone, i may be the only bike out at a spot, but there will be someone else there (i don't stun without a camera rolling either). if you eat it hard, even if you have a cell phone you may not be able to use it or as we've seen before, cell phones don't survive crashes too well.
Old 03-27-2003, 04:28 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GautamCity is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Is it safe to stunt by yourself?

Originally posted by CB450STUNTER
I ride by myself and don't have a cellphone. I pretty much suck at stunting, but I try. Would you stunt if you were by yourself and crashing could be a factor?
no. and crashing is always a factor. i think you know its not a good idea also....or at least thats the feeling i got from this post.
Old 03-27-2003, 04:30 PM

hayez is an unknown quantity at this point
i do it everyday,only 2 other people i ride with regurlay try to stunt,everyone else rather have pretty bikes ,and them 2 that stunt never want to go out,maybe 1 time a week or every 2 weeks,so it gets pretty ****ing boring especially when i do acomplish something new and want to show someone and theres nobody there to tell about it but id rather go out by myself then sit at home waiting for somebody to join me,BUT YOU KNOW THAT IF YOU GET A CELLPHONE IF ITS NOT HOOKED UP YOU CAN STILL CALL 911 WITH IT,EVEN THOUGH YOU DONT HAVE SERVICE,ALL PHONES ARE LIKE THAT,SO PICK UP A USED PHONE AND JUST KEEP IT CHARGED INCASE OF EMERGENCY,GET ONE OF EBAY FOR 5.00 OR SOME ****

Last edited by hayez; 03-27-2003 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-27-2003, 04:48 PM

NoNameStunter is an unknown quantity at this point
I stunt alone 95% of the time. I only do slow stuff so it isn't to risky. Make sure you don't stunt at a place where you could be alone for hours. All my spots someone drives by every 10min or so.
People are wierd though, I was doing a no hander and lost it. My bike was upside down on the side of the road. One person drove by why it was upside down the other why I was picking it up. Not one of them even slowed down. People in the country seem to be not as nosey as in the city.
Just use good judgement
Old 03-27-2003, 05:10 PM

Laura Freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Is it safe to stunt by yourself?

Not a good idea to stunt by yourself period. If you are in Jacksonville there are a few teams there that you could go practice with. Geared-up and Urban Velocity to name a couple. Also go to there saturday night gathering at some cycle shop(don't remember the name) and meet fellow stunters, They can help you learn and also be there for you if something should go wrong.
Old 03-27-2003, 06:02 PM

redlinejesse is an unknown quantity at this point
Not a good idea, I couldn't imagin laying in a ditch somewhere with my legs broke or something. Responce time to a crash saves lives everyday, so just keep that in mind. Every hear a doctor say " If he would of got here 1 minute later he wouldn't of made it".........I have its pretty scary. It doesn't matter if you just started stunting, or if you are a starboy.........think smart.
Old 03-27-2003, 06:39 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice
besides the fact that I believe its unsafe to stunt alone it just isn't any fun by yourself and for me stunting is all about fun.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:15 PM

jay_9se7en3 is an unknown quantity at this point
unfortunately i always stunt by myself...yes i know its not a good idea, but i have no choice. Whenever i can though i try to bring someone along.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:36 PM

LongShot is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Is it safe to stunt by yourself?

Originally posted by RedlineLaura
Not a good idea to stunt by yourself period. If you are in Jacksonville there are a few teams there that you could go practice with. Geared-up and Urban Velocity to name a couple. Also go to there saturday night gathering at some cycle shop(don't remember the name) and meet fellow stunters, They can help you learn and also be there for you if something should go wrong.
The Shop is Cycle Accessories West (CAW) at Blanding Blvd and 113th St. Go up there and Hang out and meet. You will learn where the gatherings are at if you just mingle. My bikes finally back up so I got to learn where the new spots are at now.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:39 PM

Re: Re: Is it safe to stunt by yourself?

Originally posted by RedlineLaura
I'm not the best stunter. Actually I suck. Majorly. I try though. I'd seriously feel like a dumbass out there with some good stunt riders.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:50 PM

LongShot is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Is it safe to stunt by yourself?

I'm not the best stunter. Actually I suck. Majorly. I try though. I'd seriously feel like a dumbass out there with some good stunt riders.
Dont worry about looking stupid....you are trying to learn. Everyone starts somewhere. If I meet you at a spot...hang with me. I got to relearn my bike. I would be the only ***** trying to stunt a EX500 in jax..lol
Are you stunting the FZR or your CB450????

Last edited by LongShot; 03-27-2003 at 07:52 PM.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:58 PM

hayez is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Is it safe to stunt by yourself?

i feel ya on that,im no good at all,and i would go ride with others but most folks aint as cool as most on here,most are arrogant and think there the **** which dont make you feel to welcome,theres alot of stunters down here but for some reason most turn they cheeck as they ride by,plus i wear full gear and the people that do see me look at me like im a reject as you can see in my avatar i wear fieldsheer bottoms and tops,save me from rash when i crash last week though

Last edited by hayez; 03-27-2003 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:13 PM

gixxerking is an unknown quantity at this point
im not that good stunter either, and most of the time i stunt alone,does anybody in jersey whants to hook up and practice whit me;holla back
Old 03-27-2003, 08:20 PM

MI Xtremes Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
is this a joke? NO, don't stunt alone.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:28 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Is it safe to stunt by yourself?

Originally posted by LongShot
Dont worry about looking stupid....you are trying to learn. Everyone starts somewhere. If I meet you at a spot...hang with me. I got to relearn my bike. I would be the only ***** trying to stunt a EX500 in jax..lol
Are you stunting the FZR or your CB450????
FZR. Hey, You want to go practice? I really suck at everything, I can't ride a wheelie long or very high. I dunno how good you are. I go to UNF, I dunno where Orange Park really is or location of places/ streets. It would be cool to ride someone here. Get back to me please.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:36 PM

gixxerking is an unknown quantity at this point
are you talking to me bro,are you in jersey or florida?

Quick Reply: Is it safe to stunt by yourself?