Is it safe to stunt by yourself?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 08:37 PM

CB450STUNTER is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by gixxerking
are you talking to me bro,are you in jersey or florida?
Sorry Longshot. I live in Florida
Old 03-27-2003, 09:09 PM

LongShot is an unknown quantity at this point
I am a naturale impossiblity...I suck and blow at the same time at stunting right now. I have not stunted in a year. We can hook up. I got to know where some good spots are first. Check your p.m.'s
Old 03-27-2003, 09:38 PM

Boughetto is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Re: Is it safe to stunt by yourself?

Originally posted by hayez
i feel ya on that,im no good at all,and i would go ride with others but most folks aint as cool as most on here,most are arrogant and think there the **** which dont make you feel to welcome,theres alot of stunters down here but for some reason most turn they cheeck as they ride by,plus i wear full gear and the people that do see me look at me like im a reject as you can see in my avatar i wear fieldsheer bottoms and tops,save me from rash when i crash last week though
Im in NPB, kind of far from you, but maybe we can go out sometime? All I can do now is stoppie and 1st gear power wheelies. Ive never practiced alone, the risks outweigh the benefits, but I do understand why people do both. Be safe out there everyone
Old 03-27-2003, 10:09 PM

GreggV is an unknown quantity at this point
Like others have said dont practice alone ......... If someone that is better wont help you or send you in the right direction..........
F them you dont need to hang with them..........If you have any questions or anything shoot me a pm and I will give ya my # ....
Old 03-27-2003, 10:11 PM

hayez is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is it safe to stunt by yourself?

Originally posted by blue95accord
Im in NPB, kind of far from you, but maybe we can go out sometime? All I can do now is stoppie and 1st gear power wheelies. Ive never practiced alone, the risks outweigh the benefits, but I do understand why people do both. Be safe out there everyone
hey whenever you want to im ready,pm me if you ever want to,i live in plantation/ft lauderdale on sundays theres a nice spot for me but mainly just for 1st gear stuff,but im geared low and its fine for me,about the length of 136th and 595 if you ever been there
Old 03-27-2003, 10:13 PM

TDM-kitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by GreggV
Like others have said dont practice alone ......... If someone that is better wont help you or send you in the right direction..........
F them you dont need to hang with them..........If you have any questions or anything shoot me a pm and I will give ya my # ....
yeah, what he said. We are always out practicing. Shoot me a PM-(PRESTONofUV), I live by UNF and will let you know when we go practice.
Old 03-28-2003, 12:13 AM

LongShot is an unknown quantity at this point
See...there ya go...Geared-Up and U.V. willing to get ya in there. This moment is brought to you by StuntLife.com ...."Bringing Stunters together World Wide". (Shuggs...new logo )
Old 03-28-2003, 01:31 AM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
at least bring a camera and be like that kid on you gotta see this jumping the quad, he filmed himself casing a jump, he got knocked out for like 10 minutes, then he cried for help another 20, then he finally got up and grabbed the camera and walked home like a sally!!!

translation: nah it aint a good idea, id rather be embarrased riding in front of pros than be embarrassed and all ****ed up laying by myself in a ditch for hours
Old 03-28-2003, 02:51 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person
Speaking of ditches, I coulda swore I saw you in a ditch before bub rub
Old 03-28-2003, 07:36 AM

tach409 is an unknown quantity at this point
personally i stunt alone...but i'd have to go to KC(about 175 miles i think) to ride with any other stunters...so i jsut have someone come check on me about every hour after i go out...yeah alot can happen in an hour...but it's about the only choice i have out here in BFE...i wish i did have someone to practice with...
Old 03-28-2003, 12:57 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

-Rodger- is an unknown quantity at this point
def has the possibility of getting ugly (er).

example: i was attempting a circle, fell to the right, bike trapped leg. i was stuck. the header was burning flesh. then i was save by mpz mark. if i was alone i wouldn't have much of a leg left to speak of.

i wish i had the convienance of having a spotter/buddy all the time
Old 03-29-2003, 03:19 AM

BANDIT is an unknown quantity at this point
Man I feel your pain. I am just getting another bike and I am not gonna ride with the group of stuck up rich boys that have taken over and weeded out all the old timers I started out riding with.

They hardly even come out anymore. And it will be at least two months before anyone in my crew gets another bike. We have all been out of action for about a year and a half.

But going at it alone is a bad ideal. I high sided up on NC 221 off of hwy 181. Of course I was by myself. Would have been there awhile if I hadn't been carring my cell. Cops aint all bad. The trooper gave my hurt butt a ride to the nearest store.

We are gonna try and find a vacant parking lot somewhere that maybe the owner will give us permission to practice on. Not likely, but worth a try.
Old 03-29-2003, 09:46 AM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
darius u are the one who looked like a spring chicken hobbling across the interstate you clucker
Old 03-29-2003, 10:15 AM
Turn My Headphones Up

Mark_MPZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by #1 stunna
Speaking of ditches, I coulda swore I saw you in a ditch before bub rub
damn........Thomas must have a thing for ditches..............I saw his *** completely disappear into a ditch on Mellen's 80............ :devil
YO Thomas, you know that thing on the right side of the handlebars that you twist..............well ya see that's what makes the bike GO...............so when things start going bad.................LET GO OF IT!!
Old 03-29-2003, 06:10 PM

DSOG ED is an unknown quantity at this point
lol
Old 03-29-2003, 09:21 PM
Regular StuntLifer

SpeedyCycles is an unknown quantity at this point
I am an old (27) married man with two children, so I do what I can to minimize my risks. I let Shannon know I will be home by X time and get worried if I am not home by x time. Where we stunt there is NO ONE that drives by, great place. Others usually stop by to watch, but only 2 others ever stunt with me.

Suck, but I am guilty also.

Frank
Old 03-29-2003, 11:58 PM

Black_ops_1 is an unknown quantity at this point
The one time I tried to stunt without anyone around just happened to be the time I fell and busted the battery off my phone. As if that was not bad enough, I had cracked the clutch cover and had leaked out over 3/4 of the oil. Pushing your bike home is not fun.......
Old 03-29-2003, 11:59 PM

The one time I tried to stunt without anyone around just happened to be the time I fell and busted the battery off my phone. As if that was not bad enough, I had cracked the clutch cover and had leaked out over 3/4 of the oil. Pushing your bike home is not fun.......
Old 03-29-2003, 11:59 PM

Old 03-30-2003, 12:03 AM

OK, that posted 3 times, that was wierd??????? Sorry about that..

Quick Reply: Is it safe to stunt by yourself?