I'm over it......

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 04:53 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
I'm over it......

Thats a new phrase I have learned and come to love since I have been in Cali...

Right now it applies to a few things

-Stuntwars... why wouldnt I be the announcer??

-Japan... dunno why my name keeps getting brought up, since I dont speak japanese... but yeah sure I would love to go

-people jocking whoevers around, or the best at the moment- take that how you want...if you think it applies to you.. then it does

Thanks to everyone who keeps dropping my name to colbert and other people... I could probably do more shows if I would kiss more ***... but that aint really my gig.. ya know??

anyone wanna hear a story?? I remeber a few years ago when superstreetbike was just an Idea.... a Rider that I considered a friend had discussed it with aaron Frank (whom I had not met at the time) and he was bragging to me about it.. so I was like ohh cool... introduce me... he was like hell no why would I give you the hook up...so im like OK... a few years later.. I have met aaron frank...we both know who each other are and have a mutual earned respect... I promote the magazine whenever and wherever I can... and he always gives me great shout outs in there... some would say its weird that I get in there as much as I do... and I have even asked aaron that... he said "you earn it, you travel everywhere, you are great at what you do, you deserve it!"

can anyone guess the moral??

yeah its something along the lines of putting in work and getting respect...or letting your work speak for itself... yadda yadda yadda... too bad it doesnt work all the time in this perfect little world we have.....

I am proud of what I have done... I have rocked the mic for 46,000 people who had never seen stuntriding ever... didnt cuss any... kept them on thier feet... had no free **** to give away... nothing... I share that experience with 8 other riders.... now does anyone think Im not qualified for stuntwars??

obviously someone does..... or maybe its just something a little deeper than that, I mean, how many times can someone hear "Hey you should get Thomas" before they would think to themselves.. "hey maybe I should get Thomas!"

hmmmm... its all political now....

well....

I'm over it
Old 11-06-2005, 06:34 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I'm over it......

Ive been to an event where Thomas MC'd and i think hes the best there is...........he knows what the tricks are, and he keeps people that dont know anything about stuntriding entertained and informed on whats happening.......and he even throws n inside jokes among stuntriders in there to keep US entertained (lumberjacks lol)

THOMAS FOR PRESIDENT
Old 11-06-2005, 07:29 PM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

Thomas, I can't think of anyone I'd rather see MC any event than yourself. I can't remember what I wore the day before, but you always know who's who and who did what when....Important for an MC to let the crowd know. And, I can't even keep myself entertained for more than an hour at a time, so I have respect for anyone who can do it for an entire weekend.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:13 PM

Kaotic is an unknown quantity at this point

well said mr gorka
Old 11-06-2005, 09:41 PM

DUMPSTER is an unknown quantity at this point

you did a hell of a job at great lakes in WI.
the rain comming down like the world was about to end, the radio saying take shelter immediately, tornadoes sighted and you was telling everybody that tornadoes are another word for circle whoolies
Old 11-06-2005, 10:46 PM

nwstuntbike is an unknown quantity at this point

well i quit reading at ''wanna hear a story'' but i'm all for thomas, he should be the permenent mc for all stunt comps barnone! ha finnaly i go tto use the phrase barnone.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:58 PM

middleschooler can only hope to improve

.org......
Old 11-06-2005, 11:18 PM

BLONDE BOMBER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LivingCanvas
Ive been to an event where Thomas MC'd and i think hes the best there is...........he knows what the tricks are, and he keeps people that dont know anything about stuntriding entertained and informed on whats happening.......and he even throws n inside jokes among stuntriders in there to keep US entertained (lumberjacks lol)

THOMAS FOR PRESIDENT
+1

Thomas for MC at Stunt Wars
:YEAH :YEAH
Old 11-06-2005, 11:26 PM

~Mandy~ is a decent person

+2 You're not going to get any better than Thomas when it comes to announcing these events. Stuntwars 05' would have been a much greater experience had there NOT been some abnoxious jerk screaming the same thing over and over again.

WWW.STUNTMC.COM
Old 11-07-2005, 01:08 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

yeahhhhhhhhhhdog
Old 11-07-2005, 01:14 AM
1 footer wheelies!

Sillyneck is an unknown quantity at this point

yea I pretty much do alot of laughing when thomas is mc. It's great....hell...moments before my 1st freestyle comp I was so nervous and thomas was just ranting on about something on the mic....i lost concentration on whatever was bothering me and got a nice little trophy on the wall. Good man! Good friend!

PS....yea I'm HELLA over it
Old 11-07-2005, 01:50 AM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

guys ... thanks... it means a lot.. but I didnt intend for this to be about me so much as it is about rights and wrongs...

I guess its just wishful thinking that someone would be asked to do something because they are the best or because they earned it... not because of thier location, or who they are friends with or who's **** they are sucking lately...

its the same with sponsorships....whoever works hardest... keeps thier bikes maintained and nice looking.. and has the most collateral... website/DVD's/Magazine appearances...blah blah blah should get the sponsors...

but in the world we live in... you get sponsors by meeting them in a bar and getting drunk with them, maybe bangin some *****es and having a story to tell...

I feel like I miss out on some things because I dont stay in peoples ears about myself... its just not my style...and frankly, it should not have to be

the fact is that opportunistic self serving people get the most ****, even if they are not the best

ya know what... it sure is nice to have some gangster credibility though

yes i said gangster... im bringing that **** back for 2006
Old 11-07-2005, 02:30 AM

MeganMyerscom is an unknown quantity at this point

bang bang bang
Old 11-07-2005, 03:38 AM

keeth is an unknown quantity at this point

And there you have it...
Old 11-07-2005, 04:37 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

I smell ya Bubba, that's life, just like the first thing I remember about it, it aint fair. But good things do manage to work their way around to the people that deserve it one time or another
Old 11-07-2005, 05:41 AM
Regular StuntLifer

john john is an unknown quantity at this point

i cant even beleave this is a topic....... ive seeen thomas do alot of shows and there is no one else that brings the croud to the leval that he does,who else has put the work in like him .to tell you the truth i dont know of anyone who can even come close to his style and flavor ...........thomas for president
Old 11-07-2005, 11:59 AM

MeganMyerscom is an unknown quantity at this point

YA!! I vote THOMAS for President!!

xoxo
Old 11-07-2005, 12:09 PM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

I got ya too Thomas... Wasnt Chubbs cursing at the crowd and ****?

Quick Reply: I'm over it......