my endo swings 2 the right??

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 08:58 PM

itsmegb is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow my endo swings 2 the right??

wheni endo,sometimes actually most times the back of the bike swings out on me to the right??do i need to clamp my legs harder on the side of the bike and would a damper help??
Old 03-25-2003, 09:54 PM

poppawheelie is an unknown quantity at this point
that's normal dood, u just gotta learn to steer it.
don't squeeze the tank that will make it worse. just be loose and focus on holding it straight.
and don't look straight down. look where you're going, not at the road...
Old 03-26-2003, 03:20 PM

NDOG581 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

You need to keep your body loose and your head straight when learning,focus on a straight line until you are comfortable, remember practice, practice, practice, I spent about 2 hours one afternoon doing nothing but 40-50 mph endoes learning to get the feel, soon it will come natural for ya, don't get frustrated
Old 03-26-2003, 07:36 PM

PRESTON is an unknown quantity at this point
not to under mind anyones comments but I damper does not effect the rear end, it just helps keep the bike from getting a tank slapper when the rear end is high up-over your head high. The only way to keep the rear end from swinging out is to steer the bike with your shoulders and make sure you are centered on the bike.
There are different opinions when it comes to steering stabilizer and endos. I have a junk stock stabilizer and I don't have a problem with rear end swinging out.

Steering-----if the rear end is swing to the right, put pressure on the right clip on (by adjusting your shoulders to the right) when you feel the rear starting to swing out. You need to keep your elbows stiff
Old 03-27-2003, 04:31 PM

Slider is an unknown quantity at this point
i agree a damper wont affect it,especially if you are starting out, i dont even have one on there and mine are straight. you may be leaning with your right shoulder due to using the front brake,check your body postion and stay loose, and keep eyes ahead and you will roll them nicely

GOOD LUCK!
Old 03-27-2003, 09:46 PM

TEDDY.B is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont even have one on there and mine are straight
i want to know how your not tank slappin?? i have a damper and if i don't crank it up my bike slaps like a little beeotch!!!

a steering damper won't keep you bike straight in a stoppie!
but def. good to have.

take PRESTONofUV's advice, also i push the opposite way on the tank alittle with my thigh, kinda hard to explain although once you get it, it starts to come naturally. good luck.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:07 PM

Nate is an unknown quantity at this point
As soon as my dampner broke, I was gettin tank slappers like a bitch. They're smooth as silk after I got a new one.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:19 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Papa Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by OWA.TED
i want to know how your not tank slappin?? i have a damper and if i don't crank it up my bike slaps like a little beeotch!!!

No offense to him, but his endos don't look to be high at all in the avatar picture, thats why! The faster and higher you go, the more you'll wish you had a dampner!
Old 03-28-2003, 09:33 AM

954John is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE]Originally posted by OWA.TED
[B]a steering damper won't keep you bike straight in a stoppie!
but def. good to have.

I would have to agree, even though I don't do stoppie on a regular basis, I had a R6 and I would do brakies and the back end would stay straight. I did not have a dampner.

I think you just need to practice,practice and learn to look forward, not down.

Late,
954john
Old 03-30-2003, 02:26 AM

Xr50King is an unknown quantity at this point
I have found a sure fire way to combat wayward endos. When you are practicing try this, i swear it works. Get to the speed you feel comfortable at and then let go of the bars letting the bike steer its self. If the bike is going completely straight put your hands back on the bars then grab a hand full. this should get your endos corrected! but learning how to steer them is a whole other ball park. If you are still going to the right you are grabbing the right bar harder than the left. I suggest you get used to a feeling of being loose on the bike. f Keep practicing how much input you are putting on the bars and watch out 4 the cops when you stoppie by em
Old 03-30-2003, 02:42 AM
Liv fr PEACE prpre fr WAR

D-UNIT dem xpt is an unknown quantity at this point
i find it happens when im nervous and havent warmed up or ridden in a while...after a few im back to normal....comfort with the endo is the key
Old 03-30-2003, 03:25 AM

TEDDY.B is an unknown quantity at this point
then let go of the bars letting the bike steer its self. If the bike is going completely straight put your hands back on the bars then grab a hand full.

n/m i was drunk when i wrote this the frist time....but i still don't get your idea..........and i think we are talking about steering stoppies

Last edited by TEDDY.B; 03-30-2003 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-30-2003, 10:33 AM

Slider is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Papa Kev
No offense to him, but his endos don't look to be high at all in the avatar picture, thats why! The faster and higher you go, the more you'll wish you had a dampner!
no offense but thats the best pic my wife took, they do come up to the balance point thank you.

i know many people who dont have a damper and dont have a problem, maybe cause i can only roll them about 10-15 ft is why i dont tank slap

(and no, i am not using a rude tone here,so dont take my reply that way)

Last edited by Slider; 03-30-2003 at 10:47 AM.