Frame sliders for an FZR, Where?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 02:20 AM

DR650SE is an unknown quantity at this point
Frame sliders for an FZR, Where?

Anyone know where I can get some? I need em, at school today I parked my bike and didn't notice that the asphalt had a depression in it from the summer heat and the kick stand was on slightly higher ground. Got off the bike on the left side and the bike started falling to the right side, I caught it but couldnt hold it up for long becuase it was past the balance point. Well I scraped the small scoop on my fairing. Pissed me off to no end becuase I got the bike outta the paintshop 3 weeks ago. grrr Its not scratched bad, the paint is all that was scraped, so it didn't gouge the fiberglass. Bought a touch up/ scratch fix kit to try and make it look a little better till the winter when i will have it repaired at the shop

So anyone know where I can get some frame sliders for an FZR? here is a pic of the bike (pre retard drop)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Plain side.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	154437  
Old 10-05-2005, 03:31 AM

shutupandride is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Frame sliders for an FZR, Where?

Nobody makes sliders for the reason that there is nowhere to really mount them. What you could do is get some aftermarkets and drill out the downtubes, but they're aluminum and would probably bend and possibly puncture the motor if it was hard enough anyway. Just don't drop your bike.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:44 PM

Wink Re: Frame sliders for an FZR, Where?

I might just go with some aftermarket ones. There is a hole in the downtube right where it needs to be so that might work. I know that the frame on my bike is steel, so it won't be as weak. Yea, didn't plan on dropping the bike, just **** happens, I just want to protect an investment. Ill fingure out a way to keep the thing rigid. Well see what I can come up with.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:45 PM

Wink Re: Frame sliders for an FZR, Where?

I might just go with some aftermarket ones. There is a hole in the downtube right where it needs to be so that might work. I know that the frame on my bike is steel, so it won't be as weak. Yea, didn't plan on dropping the bike, just $hit happens, I just want to protect an investment. Kinda leanred a lesson so.... I'll fingure out a way to keep the thing rigid. Well see what I can come up with.