Reckless driving ticket in a parking lot????

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 02:51 AM

Billyt is an unknown quantity at this point
Reckless driving ticket in a parking lot????

O.k.. I live next to the city college in san francisco and the parking lot is an open resovor.... Everyone goes there to learn to drive and things like that....So it's not a school day noone in the parking lot so I go and practice for a minute... Next thing you now I got campuss police behind me lights on comin real fast like I robbed a bank or something.... I think to myself O.K they are going to tell me to leave so I stop.... To make a long story short they give me a reckless driving no insurance no headlights and bald tire ticket and tell me I'm lucky I don't get arrested... Then they fu**en tow my bike for no registartion... I was under the impression that since I was not on a public raod they could not do that... Maybe trustpassing but not all that ****.... He never saw me on the street so for all he knows I braught it there on a truck............ So my question is can they give me these tickets and take the bike if I was not on the public streets..... I have a lawyer and will talk to him tommorow but what do you guys think............ Sorry for the long post just pissed
Old 10-03-2005, 02:53 AM

1wheelfelon is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Reckless driving ticket in a parking lot????

heres my understanding of this because we ride in parking lots on a nightly basis, some cops dont care some are **** sticks. if there is public access to the parking lot then you can be cited, best bet is to try and get permission and then block off the lot with tape or cones

long story short the cops who give you **** like that suck.

Gates
Old 10-03-2005, 09:34 AM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a couple times
Old 10-03-2005, 10:24 AM

jonld2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Find out who owns the lot. If its privately owned, then no. If it is owned by the city or state, then the **** will probably get away with it.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:13 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person

Not sure about there, but here, the university campus cops have more authority than the state police, so if he's in the mood then most likely he can. Just fight it though.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:15 AM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

This has happened to a friend of mine. He just payed for the tickets cuz he didn't want to start a big **** with the cops and make it even worse for everyone. Cops in rage are not fun.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:25 AM

richierokit is an unknown quantity at this point

I would definately lawer up and try to get them dropped. Unfortunately the campus cops have alll the power in the world, considering one of their main jobs is to police the parking lots on campus. Sorry about your luck, and FTP!!! Good luck and keep us posted...
Old 10-03-2005, 12:47 PM
Regular StuntLifer

stuntboy79 is an unknown quantity at this point

We were riding in a parking lot a few times and a cop pulled in. I thought to myself were ****** but it turned out he was real cool and he had a bike. He gave us permission to ride there and occasionally comes out to watch us practice. That's the ONLY cop that we ever dealt with that was cool!!
Old 10-03-2005, 01:05 PM

shawn_g is an unknown quantity at this point

if anything.....pay attention to this.....they can give you 2 types of tickets.....once that goes on your record and one that does not go on you state driving record.....i work on a college campus and across my office is where all the police departments come to fire at the range

so my advice would be to not be **** and try to have them atleast not report it to the state....have your lawyer try and work something out with the dean......or go and try and become friends with the guys at the ROTC office...they work with the campus police quite a bit.... pm or email me if you need any help with this
Old 10-03-2005, 01:07 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jonld2
Find out who owns the lot. If its privately owned, then no. If it is owned by the city or state, then the **** will probably get away with it.

ditto. state college, there are prob. some effed up things they can do.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:07 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

1wheelfelon is right, so long as theres open access to city streets then all traffic laws still apply even if u have permission from god to be there. If u block it off so cars cant get in the lot and of course have permission to do so then no traffic rules apply.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:43 PM

Greg Mcglynn is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel your pain billyt

I got rolled my 2 cops at the start of the summer. I just had bought my bike and didnt get it registered yet. I trucked the bike to the spot rode for 20 min then needed air in my tire. the gas station is like a half mile away so I said f it I will just ride it there. I get to the gas station and made sure the coast was clear of cops. I put air in the tire, put helmet on and just before I hit the start switch I get rolled up on by 2 cops and to make a long story short.
I got a 225 ticket and had to pay another 125 because they put my bike on a flat bed and towed it cuz they thought it was stolen.
I was so bent I wanted to fight the cop(but we all know were that gets u)

they wouldnt even let me call my girl who was 10 min away so she could bring my title to prove it was my bike. then my boy showed up with a van to pick up the bike and the cop almost kicked his *** before he mad me ride it onto the flate bed.

still going to court over this now along with 2 other cases.

seriously Ftp
Old 10-08-2005, 01:10 AM

Cesario is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Greg Mcglynn
I feel your pain billyt

I got rolled my 2 cops at the start of the summer. I just had bought my bike and didnt get it registered yet. I trucked the bike to the spot rode for 20 min then needed air in my tire. the gas station is like a half mile away so I said f it I will just ride it there. I get to the gas station and made sure the coast was clear of cops. I put air in the tire, put helmet on and just before I hit the start switch I get rolled up on by 2 cops and to make a long story short.
I got a 225 ticket and had to pay another 125 because they put my bike on a flat bed and towed it cuz they thought it was stolen.
I was so bent I wanted to fight the cop(but we all know were that gets u)

they wouldnt even let me call my girl who was 10 min away so she could bring my title to prove it was my bike. then my boy showed up with a van to pick up the bike and the cop almost kicked his *** before he mad me ride it onto the flate bed.

still going to court over this now along with 2 other cases.

seriously Ftp
man that's a fcuked up situation right there. you'd have to wonder, why would anybody want to be this much of a ****?
Old 10-10-2005, 05:46 PM

MKBo5 is an unknown quantity at this point

s r there like this cuz they were bullied @ school n now its payback,they dont have2 b f**kers but they chose 2 b so 4 all the s out there F**k YOU eat sh*t and die pigs...
and for all the GOOD ones KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :YEAH