What got you started?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 04:13 PM

Pimpus Maximus is a decent person
What got you started?

Dunno if this thread has been done or not, but if it was, I didnt partake in it, soooooo I'm doing it anyways Question is fairly obvious..

I personally got started when I would ride my friends 4 wheelers. They all tryed to race around, and I'd be the one doing donuts and trying to wheelie mojave 110's (I'll try to get a picture up..). Then I got my trike for my 10th birthday, and 3 days later was 12'n to impress the family and friends at my birthday party.I've always been riding on one wheel, but never really tryed throwing in tricks. Then Rich (slitz) said he was into stunting, so about a year ago I got a bit more serious with it on the 3 wheeler, then got the 70 and got pretty ok with it, and now I got the big bike. I don't take the big bike to serious, but **** around with some stunt's every now and then.

How about you guys?

-Max.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:52 PM

QuickSilverBusa is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What got you started?

I used to dragrace back in 02'...hence my name...but after starting to get pretty big in the street race scene in philly, I started getting calls to go race people out by the shore...I was out there to run some guy and while we were waiting for him to get there, these guys were doing some fast stuff back and forth...some ronin riders, and dirty south boys...that's when it hit me...Stunting will get me a lot more ***** then racing...that's what got me into it...not that I can stunt worth a f*ck though....
Old 09-29-2005, 09:11 PM

CKxx is an unknown quantity at this point

I still don't have a legit stunt bike..but...I was always the kid doing the endless wheelie on my mountain bike. I could wheelie my 13in when I was like 10. For whatever reason that is the most fun **** in the world. I still love a long bicycle wheelie.

All that same attitude just move on over to my dirtbikes...and occasionally my friends SV650, but thats a secret.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:18 PM

Pimpus Maximus is a decent person

Originally Posted by CKxx
I still don't have a legit stunt bike..but...I was always the kid doing the endless wheelie on my mountain bike. I could wheelie my 13in when I was like 10. For whatever reason that is the most fun **** in the world. I still love a long bicycle wheelie.

All that same attitude just move on over to my dirtbikes...and occasionally my friends SV650, but thats a secret.
Haha word. Even though it was only about 9 years ago, me and my friends were always the 'daredevil' idiots. Taking our little bikes off jumps that we made out of stacked up 4x4's and some plywood. We'd have races against other neighborhood kids down 'the hill', and since we thought we were cool we'd launch off of a jump, do a nice 180 skid, then do a wheelie while the other kids just watched, haha. Fun times man. Like I said, it was only 9 years ago or so, but kids these day's just aren't the same. Who the **** needs video games and computers when you got some plywood, and a bmx bike

-Max
Old 09-29-2005, 09:25 PM

Ninja63619 is an unknown quantity at this point

what got me into it was like 13 years ago when i was like 7 or 8 , i remember seeing these guys go by on the highway, On street bikes on one wheel , almost at 12 o"clock , riding them for days. Right then i remember thinking one day i want a street bike , It wasnt till i was 19 i had the cash for one , but i got one none the less haha.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:40 PM

OLIVER is an unknown quantity at this point

i used to watch jason britton movies many yrs ago and always wanted to wheelie n all that , n once i got a decent job i got a bike and started wheeling and then got a stung bike and kept learning. its fun stuff.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:45 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

saw C&I3, the opening spreader shot got me started....got a cr250 at 15 , olny rod eit doing wheelies...standups sitdown, ss etc.....it was only to delay the inevitable of me gettin my f4i at 16....started stunting at 16 1/2
Old 09-29-2005, 10:00 PM

CKxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by n00bkid001
Haha word. Even though it was only about 9 years ago, me and my friends were always the 'daredevil' idiots. Taking our little bikes off jumps that we made out of stacked up 4x4's and some plywood. We'd have races against other neighborhood kids down 'the hill', and since we thought we were cool we'd launch off of a jump, do a nice 180 skid, then do a wheelie while the other kids just watched, haha. Fun times man. Like I said, it was only 9 years ago or so, but kids these day's just aren't the same. Who the **** needs video games and computers when you got some plywood, and a bmx bike

-Max
I can't speak enough good words about plywood and 2x4's. My best jump ever was on a Raleigh 24" over 4 Rubbermaid trashcans. Best part was seeing another kid try to copy me and break his arm and collarbone.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:27 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

I was playing with wheelies, jumping and **** we all did as kids, with 17 I fist started to try to pop it up on old gixxer 750 but they were all just hopeless trys. Then in January '04 I got 636 and started trying again, crashed, continued, crased, continued...I got hooked up on adrenalin, on toying with the bike and gravity. After awhile I started to look on it from a phisical side, and realized that it's all just playing with the rules of phisics and it's easy. But to be honest what really made me do it at first is showing off, but not to look cool, it was more like "look what I can do" - I love to see peoples faces when they see what I have in the bag...Also local older guys that I rode with were constantly keeping lessons and being smart on me as a youngster, and I just wanted to show that I can ride better then they can, that I can do something they can't...and then I got addicted to wheelies...