helmet suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 10:35 PM

Metzzen1 is an unknown quantity at this point
helmet suggestions

got a el cheapo HJC $130 helmet. Thing is heavy, big, bulky, noisy, and hot. im lookin for somethin a little lighter, smaller*less bulky), and quieter. i would like to spend maybe 200-250. I have had a few people suggest scorpian helmets but havent been able to find anything about them online. any tips much appreciated.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:39 PM

KF_Chris is a decent person
Re: helmet suggestions

they're good helmets
Old 08-29-2005, 10:40 PM

djkiley is an unknown quantity at this point

I would really recomend saving your money and buying a shoei or arai. They are sooo worth the money! I had a vega for 2 years then I bought the duhemel rep. shoei. I love that helmet and it makes a huge differance in the wind pocket! when you tuck you can see better and it doesn't hurt your neck! also really quiet! :YEAH
Old 08-29-2005, 10:43 PM

if you're gonna stunt in this helmet, wait a while til you get a good one. you'll probably ruin a nice one on a little crash, when a cheaper DOT approved one will still save your mellon
Old 08-29-2005, 11:44 PM

Got2josh is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an hjc ac10 and it leaks air like a **** anything over like 50mph, it's rediculous. When it's cold in the morning or something my face freezes, I'm gonna get a shoei rf-1000 diabolic though in a couple weeks, those things look awesome and feel like a pillow on your head.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:46 PM

djkiley is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn right it does. also if you never have put on an arai... O my god!
Old 08-29-2005, 11:50 PM

UNIDENTIFIED is an unknown quantity at this point

my hjc cl 17 or whatever was a peice of ****, saved my mellon tho, and this KBC i got is ok, its cheap as **** and is pretty decent only 100 bux hey hey hey... so what im a cheap mofugga
Old 08-29-2005, 11:58 PM

Got2josh is an unknown quantity at this point

cheap is good, but there's nothing like a good helmet. I road with my buds aria for like 2 days and now I'm hooked, I have to get a nicer helmet!
Old 08-30-2005, 03:39 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person

KBC are nice mid priced helmets.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:48 AM

AzN~BoI_585 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive also hear Icons are nice mid-range helmets buddy bought one and said for the money theyre awsome...as for higher end I want an arai no questions about it...tried a shoei and suomy helmet on...both r very nice but that arai was too good...so light and the overall helmet seemed waaaay smaller than the HJC CL-14 i wear now...savin up and use the HJC for my learnin helmet and the arai for just cruisin.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:55 AM

UNIDENTIFIED is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kyle_PBZ
KBC are nice mid priced helmets.
+1...........i rock the kbc all day long on teh dirtbike and its fine at teh end of the day, its saved my *** also but not as much as teh hjc did lol...
Old 08-30-2005, 09:01 AM

for the pricey ones, it depends on the shape of your head. I have a Suomy now, and I love that one, but I've worn them all. For the cheaper ones, KBC is better, and Icon does make a fantastic helmet. I love my Icon
Old 08-30-2005, 09:08 AM

Josh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to behold

I love my shoei...aside from the high pitched whistle at 80+, it fits like a glove. Try on different arai's and shoei's. On Scorpions...I hear they're just as good, cheaper and come with plenty of accessories. Personally I love my brain- I stay high priced.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:14 AM
retired postwhore

FAhq will become famous soon enoughFAhq will become famous soon enough

I have a KBC right now that I like, and Icon helmets are good too....those both fit your price range pretty good. I dig those new KBC air raid ( I think that's what they're called???) series that's painted up like the old fighter planes with the calendar girl on the side.....those look good, and I think they're going for somewhere around $250....check some different helmets and prices at www.helmetharbor.com or www.motorcycle-superstore.com and compare the prices and quality....
Old 08-30-2005, 09:50 AM

Josh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by FAhq
I have a KBC right now that I like, and Icon helmets are good too....those both fit your price range pretty good. I dig those new KBC air raid ( I think that's what they're called???) series that's painted up like the old fighter planes with the calendar girl on the side.....those look good, and I think they're going for somewhere around $250....check some different helmets and prices at www.helmetharbor.com or www.motorcycle-superstore.com and compare the prices and quality....
I think KBC's are heavy as hell & the padding wears out quick. I use mine as a stunt helmet as they're good to drop.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:17 AM

JIMI is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dudeman47
they're good helmets
+1 they are good,they have a no fog lens,plus the shields are easy to change.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:18 AM

ruthlessriding is a decent person

i have three icons, there all good and they have a little chin flap to reduce the cold air and **** sneaking up the front.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:48 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Certain things you shouldnt cheap out on.. your head!

Arai are simply the best helmets you cn buy. Period. they are the most prestigious, well fit, lighest, race tested helmets in the market and I wouldnt want to put anything else on my head ever again. Ever!

Go Arai and you will not regret it!

-kane
Old 08-30-2005, 12:16 PM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by Kaneone
Certain things you shouldnt cheap out on.. your head!

Arai are simply the best helmets you cn buy. Period. they are the most prestigious, well fit, lighest, race tested helmets in the market and I wouldnt want to put anything else on my head ever again. Ever!

Go Arai and you will not regret it!

-kane
This is true also. Arai Signet GTR is all I can wear. Fits my head perfect. Check around on eBay and you can find good deals on new Arai's.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:23 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone notice that Arais have limited peripheral vision compared to other cheaper helmets?

I have an old beat up HJC-12 I use and my Arai RX-7. I rotate them during long sessions cause in TX is soo fukin hot and helmets become sweat bags, but the HJC isnt as comfy (BY FAR!!) but it does offer a wider field of view!

Quick Reply: helmet suggestions