the ultimate stunt rider getting it straight

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 10:36 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
Re: the ultimate stunt rider getting it straight

this sounds like a reality show. What if we marry the best stunters? Or put all the best stunters to live together. Or,......
Old 08-28-2005, 06:26 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Drew Stone is a decent person
You are your results!!! Nothing more!!!

Wake me up when this "Lifestyle" goes mainstream so I can get mine!!

The biggest exposure to date for "This thing of ours" has been the MTV True Life "I Live To Ride" show that I directed. Millions of people around the world have seen it thus pulling everything (Other riders, Sponsorship, Merch sales) up with it. My only wish is that someone else would get in the forefront and move things ahead however they see fit.

DVD sales are not what they used to be and that's the bottom line. The initial interest in this "Lifestyle" has waned, pay heed!

In the meantime it's 6:00 AM and I'm heading out to shoot some Northeast Contingent riding. No matter what happens I still love doing this and that cannot be taken from me. I take solice in that.

You can't stop the juggernaught.
www.stonefilmsnyc.com
Old 08-28-2005, 08:15 AM

Fallout Carl is an unknown quantity at this point

This is way too funny. Dude it's obvious to everyone here that you know very little about this sport.

So you propose that you are going to bring this sport into the "MAINSTREAM" by collecting POORLY SHOT amateur footage from unknowns for a DVD that depicts the lifestyle and is TOO HARDCORE FOR TV. That's how you're going to magically bring this sport into the mainstream and make tons of money for everyone? And big sponsors are lined up to support your poorly shot, amateur, "hardcore" video that's apparently going to be too hardcore for mainstream audiences! Your whole "idea" and "Get rich quick scheme" is an insult to the professional filmmakers who have been pioneers in this game for years and are helping to push this sport ahead.

Stone Films NYC (just to name one filmmaker) travels around the world filming the best known, and up and coming riders in the sport. Not only that but they are PROFESSIONAL film makers who also have a ton of experience in this sport. They create and produce television shows for MTV and others, including the MTV "Real Life" "I'm a stunt rider" show. They use professional equipment, have a professional crew and film in some of the nicest locations in the world. They have more connections to the stunt world and the business, film and television world than you could ever dream of. Their product and professionalism are second to none. These are the ONLY kind of film companies (legit, established professionals) that sponsors even come close to looking at. You are obviously nowhere near their league and you obviously don't have anywhere near their vision when it comes to this sport, pushing it forward or promoting it. Let alone the years they have spent in the game gaining valuable experience, establishing connections and making a name for themselves.

You need to learn a little something about this sport before you come on here spouting off about bringing the sport mainstream and making lots of money for us with such a ridiculous idea. There are so many professional filmmakers and stunter/filmamkers out there that have been in the game for years that are miles and miles ahead of you when it comes to ideas, connections with sponsors and riders, putting out a professional product, being professional filmmakers, and doing everything they can to help make this sport more "mainstream". Please don't insult them by coming here with this idiotic get rich quick, I'll take you all to the promised land B.S. idea you hatched in your living room one night. There are far too many people on this site that have worked far too hard in this sport. Drew Stone didn't get where he is by spending five minutes to solicit free footage on a website while promising the world. He didn't sit back while everyone sent him poorly shot amateur footage, clip it together and expect to make a fortune and launch the sport into the stratosphere and take it mainstream with a poorly shot "too hardcore for mainstream" video. It doesn't make any sense. Anyone who spends any time in the stunting community is well aware of everything I wrote here which is why you are being laughed at.

Nearly every professional and amateur stunt rider in the world comes to this site and we all know the sport well. Coming here with that weak *** scheme is like proposing to Einstein that you are going to revolutionize math by selling a video on basic addition skills, which was poorly filmed and taught by amateurs.

This sport is far beyond what you are proposing. Here's a tip...you need to educate yourself much better on the subject at hand before you try to make money off of others like this. Here's some advice...Can the bullshit idea and put your money in the bank instead. Either that or make a large donation to www.StoneFilmsNYC.com in appreciation and admiration of all their hard work and what they have done for this sport over the years.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:36 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: You are your results!!! Nothing more!!!

Originally Posted by Drew Stone
In the meantime it's 6:00 AM and I'm heading out to shoot some Northeast Contingent riding. No matter what happens I still love doing this and that cannot be taken from me. I take solice in that.

Words of wisdom. Slightly off topic here, but I work in the performance car magazine industry and even though I may not make a million dollars a year I can confidently say I love doing what I'm doing. I'd rather be doing this and earning what I earn, than going grey on Wall Street.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:52 PM

rui4e is an unknown quantity at this point

didnt mtv try this shizzle and it flopped with true life im a stuntrider. the hobby will become a mainstream sport in due time take a look at skateboarding. in the 70s it was at the same place we are now. people were known for it but not huge and now look at it. so i think if we give it a little time it will happen as long as everyone strives for one goal and that is letting people know what we are about, thats the way things WILL happen
Old 08-28-2005, 07:13 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Drew Stone is a decent person

Originally Posted by rui4e
didnt mtv try this shizzle and it flopped with true life im a stuntrider. the hobby will become a mainstream sport in due time take a look at skateboarding. in the 70s it was at the same place we are now. people were known for it but not huge and now look at it. so i think if we give it a little time it will happen as long as everyone strives for one goal and that is letting people know what we are about, thats the way things WILL happen
Nah the MTV show was far from a flop and let me know what that "One Goal" is. A large part of the reason this exists is becouse there are no rules and no goals. You can't control something that's out of control by nature.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:16 PM

bentgixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Ultimate SR
So those fortunate people that have put in a lot of hard work to get to where they are, get a chance to call themselves “pros” the same thing applies here. So you could call this your try outs. So if you think getting a high quality DVD made from your crews footage, and receiving a huge percentage of royalties for absolutely no cost to you and a chance to call your self a “pro” in this sport when it comes main stream is a bad thing ,then maybe this isn’t for you. every one wants the sport to come main stream this is where it starts. Either your in or your out . Either way it’s coming main stream.

damn, yall keep hatin, im gonna be the only muthfukka in texas to send in a fiddy video and make mad money. im takin fiddy's to the top, by next year, the president of the U.S. will have a motorcade of 'em. i trust this no-name guy on the beliefs of gettin paid................. :YEAH

douchebag, i guess your lost out on your " future endeavors " because your " big wig investors " have dropped your *** for not producin ****
Old 08-28-2005, 11:08 PM

929_uR is a decent person

the mtv show def. wasnt a flop, cuz i just saw an ad about some other Real ****in show with clips of stuntbikes in it. . .

and..as far as one goal... GETTIN PAID!

:YEAH
Old 08-28-2005, 11:16 PM

Spencer75south is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mikie
DAMMIT I WANNA GET PAID.. dont scare him off!

I just got back from the Porche dealer ship. Imma be sooo T.O.'d if I dont get in his movie, and get my bling cause of you guys.
oh ****. i sent him my footage, and just got a loan my a new lambo. this better pay off HAHA

Old 08-30-2005, 10:32 PM

Pflepnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 929_uR
the mtv show def. wasnt a flop, cuz i just saw an ad about some other Real ****in show with clips of stuntbikes in it. . .

and..as far as one goal... GETTIN PAID!

:YEAH

Hahaha...you mean that BS footage from Judgement Day that somehow ended up on this "Raw Street Footage Video"...

What a joke
Old 12-14-2005, 02:17 PM
hate practitioner

-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough

whatever happened to this ******? the ultimate stuntrider

u show stuck round this ***** huh fukking lier

out making ur millions? with ur big time cant tell ya who sponsors
Old 12-15-2005, 03:26 AM

Jeremy Dutch is an unknown quantity at this point

ultimate US stuntrider?

But that is the Dutch Flag
Old 04-29-2009, 03:53 AM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

how did that work out?
Old 04-29-2009, 06:39 AM

PeterNoggin is a decent person

Y dont they just ****** the last couple yrs winners from XDL, Stuntwars, and stunfest something like that and put them into the dvd
Old 04-29-2009, 06:40 AM

PeterNoggin is a decent person

oh **** this thread is old **** its to damn early