the ultimate stunt rider getting it straight

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 02:58 PM

The Ultimate SR is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: the ultimate stunt rider getting it straight

Originally Posted by bill parr
alright, i havent posted to pretty much anything on sl lately cause its been the same conversations that i remember like 3 years ago. alot of you arent going to like this but someone has to live in the real world and not la, la land.....even if this sport ever does go mainstream there will only be room for a select few, a small hand full to actually make enough money to live off of let alone live comfortably....the rest of us are just waiting in line for someone to drop out of the scene and collect our turn. my hats off to the guys that have busted there ***'s and are doing well with this sport. i hear references to motocross all the time and how popular it is now as compared to 10 or so years ago....true, but there are still only a small handfull that make a living doing it, the rest of them, much like many of us, still work regular jobs. they work regular jobs take time off to go to races and compete....why....because no matter how popular the sport is there are only so many sponsorships available. i agree there is alot more room for growth in the stunt world.....but it is very limited. most of us will always just be stunting as a hobby at local tracks for small amounts of cash b/c of the limitations and the fact that there are no gurentee your going to come home with any money from comps. in my opinion in 3 more years this thread will re- appear....
You are absolutely correct there is only room for a select number of riders. But the only thing I have to disagree with you on is that in three years there will be another thread saying the same thing. Three years from now the sport will be mainstream. An those people who chose to be negative will still be riding the streets and parking lots.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:02 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

u still havent answered any questions

whats your name ? maybe thats an easier one for ya

for real .. if u dont want to give info this is pretty much spam
Old 08-26-2005, 03:06 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

see if you can really do this then lets have it....but i have one huge problem with it....yeah bring in all the top dogs, that are already doing it for a living....leave the new comers to fend for themselves, thats EXACTLY why there is only room for a few....sorry, but ive seen it time and time again. a group is local, they help others in there town and state out, they get big, thats it, now the help ends....not all groups do it, but i see it alot. hell my group is local and just started to get paid for shows. already i got one or two ****s in the group that dont want to split the money up with other people we bring with and sometimes i got to fight even to bring the other guys who arent in the group to the show....thats what turns my stomach and gives me the neg. attitude. im not pointing any fingers at people who posted on here, just pointing out some **** that in my opinion HAS to change if this sport is ever going to REALLY make it. DONT EVER FORGET WHO YOU ARE WHERE YOU CAME FROM OR WHAT YOUR "STUNTS" LOOKED LIKE WHEN YOU STARTED....WHEN IT STOPS BEING FUN TO STUNT...YOU HAVE LOST SIGHT OF WHY YOU STARTED IN THE FIRST PLACE. wether you do it for the adreniline, the fame, or the *****.....dont ever loose sight of why you started and let your ego take over. if no one helped you get to the top, or where ever your at in the sport, change that and help someone else out...
Old 08-26-2005, 03:08 PM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person

Originally Posted by The Ultimate SR
I think there are some people on here that just want to put a stop to evolution, and try to influence others into there negative way of thinking. The sport is headed to a new level so stop with all the bull**** and lets get down to business. And if you chose to send negative stuff we will know who not to consider for this opportunity this. This is a serious matter and we don’t need all the fun and games……………

No one is trying to put a stop to any progression. You come on here and claim to be capable to provide some serious cash and fame from a DVD. It isn't going to happen. Let alone you have no credibility anywhere, you signed on this month, that doesn't say much. Have you been to an event? Have you introduced yourself to anyone? I don't see anyone on here vouching for you, and a majority of the stunt community resides here.

If you were trying to do something serious there are more efficient ways to obtain footage from top riders and contacting them then just posting on a message board, poor medium choice.

As far as how much work is involved? Some of the people that have responded to this thread have put more work into this then you could ever dream of.

How long have you been in the industry, I dare you to answer the questions above.

Who was the group who opened their house in daytona 3 years ago?

Who is nicknamed the president?

And who was that boy wonder?

In short.... you are an idiot.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:10 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by verticaljay

oh oh oh.. I know all these.. can I answer??
Old 08-26-2005, 03:12 PM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

Originally Posted by verticaljay
No one is trying to put a stop to any progression. You come on here and claim to be capable to provide some serious cash and fame from a DVD. It isn't going to happen. Let alone you have no credibility anywhere, you signed on this month, that doesn't say much. Have you been to an event? Have you introduced yourself to anyone? I don't see anyone on here vouching for you, and a majority of the stunt community resides here.

If you were trying to do something serious there are more efficient ways to obtain footage from top riders and contacting them then just posting on a message board, poor medium choice.

As far as how much work is involved? Some of the people that have responded to this thread have put more work into this then you could ever dream of.

How long have you been in the industry, I dare you to answer the questions above.

well said

if you are who you say and you have the connections you say you have you would not have approached it like this. This is just not professional. You asked for input and you got it. Now people have asked some very credable questions that deserve an answer. If you cant answer them then you should have never started this. Like Paw Paw said....."the time is not right"
Old 08-26-2005, 03:17 PM

Paw Paw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by E-DUB OM
well said

if you are who you say and you have the connections you say you have you would not have approached it like this. This is just not professional. You asked for input and you got it. Now people have asked some very credable questions that deserve an answer. If you cant answer them then you should have never started this. Like Paw Paw said....."the time is not right"
Admit it, e-dub....I'm your hero! lol

:YEAH Paw Paw
Old 08-26-2005, 03:17 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

Originally Posted by nags
oh oh oh.. I know all these.. can I answer??
ssshhh .. i even tried to think of questions he couldnt look up .. lol

he wont answer them
he probably drives around in a woodgrain stationwagon
Old 08-26-2005, 03:19 PM

....aaaahhh ...the "boy wonder"? Where's he when we need him? He probably got conned by too many guys promising him **** that never came to pass.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:20 PM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

Originally Posted by Paw Paw
Admit it, e-dub....I'm your hero! lol

:YEAH Paw Paw
ive always liked TOP GUN
Old 08-26-2005, 03:21 PM

The Ultimate SR is an unknown quantity at this point

All you people have to understand this was not my intension to start this this way some one else was talking about it some where else and I just wanted to put a stop to the confusion before it got started in here. Please try to ask questions that pertain to the business at hand. As far as me knowing the answers to the questions about things that don’t pertain to the sport moving ahead, I am not going to play games.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:21 PM

damn...look at all the folks lurkin in this thread.lol
Old 08-26-2005, 03:23 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

see ultimate...i remember a thread awhile ago about the age of stunters, how long they have been stunting, how manytimes we have crashed, how manytimes we have done shows hurt, how many times we have pulled the money out of our own pockets to fix our bikes so we could make it to shows....the past threads go on and on and prove the dedicatin alot of us have just for the pure love of the sport. most of us have had the dream, and heard the empty promises. so thats why everyone is so skeptical.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:24 PM

Saturnin is a decent person

umm the guy has 12 posts.....all i needed to read is the first 2 pages of this thread..this is just a hustle nothing more nothing less.....if he says hes been at this for 2 years some of us would have heard it, the sl comunity is pretty tight so **** gets around....but no one has heard of this guy ..u cant just come on the site thinkin' u can get **** done..u gotta get to know ppl......waste of time.....
Old 08-26-2005, 03:26 PM

All you people have to understand this was not my intension to start this this way some one else was talking about it some where else and I just wanted to put a stop to the confusion before it got started in here. Please try to ask questions that pertain to the business at hand. As far as me knowing the answers to the questions about things that don’t pertain to the sport moving ahead, I am not going to play games.
i asked and didn't get any answers...wait, we know your name is "jay". thanks, you've been very helpful thus far!

Paw Paw
Old 08-26-2005, 03:26 PM

Scott@STUNTERS is an unknown quantity at this point

i asked and didn't get any answers...wait, we know your name is "jay". thanks, you've been very helpful thus far!

Paw Paw
you know it is not too hard to figure out this guys full name.....
Old 08-26-2005, 03:27 PM

Saturnin is a decent person

who cares what it is..heheh....its a hustle...forget about it!!
Old 08-26-2005, 03:31 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

Originally Posted by Scott@STUNTERS
you know it is not too hard to figure out this guys full name.....
help us out Scott ?
Old 08-26-2005, 03:33 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

play games.. u wont even tell us your f'ing name

whos playing games fruity

ps..

Question 2

He used to ride for DTE
Old 08-26-2005, 03:38 PM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person

....aaaahhh ...the "boy wonder"? Where's he when we need him? He probably got conned by too many guys promising him **** that never came to pass.

Hiding in the southern maine woods. I think some redneck has him tied up in a shed somewhere

Quick Reply: the ultimate stunt rider getting it straight