the ultimate stunt rider getting it straight

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 12:18 PM

nitrofed7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: the ultimate stunt rider getting it straight

I saw that commerical on MTV...I actually bought the video once I saw it cause they showed that commerical so many times... Wild bikes and a free judgment day 2... it was like a girls go wild video with a website and a 1800 number. pretty crazy if u ask me... stunt video commericals on mtv.. OH and there was a True Life on stunting too... leave it to MTV to commericalize stunting... thats sick
Old 08-26-2005, 12:24 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

StuntRagz Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nitrofed7
I saw that commerical on MTV...I actually bought the video once I saw it cause they showed that commerical so many times... Wild bikes and a free judgment day 2... it was like a girls go wild video with a website and a 1800 number. pretty crazy if u ask me... stunt video commericals on mtv.. OH and there was a True Life on stunting too... leave it to MTV to commericalize stunting... thats sick
thank Todd colbert for that one.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:06 PM

TEDDY.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
If you don't shoot it all with the same camera(s), have great editing talent, and a vision greater than a bunch of **** to music then please, we don't need another miniDV/high8/digi8 cluster shot by someone who is not a skilled videographer. I see action sports sales figures every month and we're dropping like a bike ****** panties. The market is flooded with shitty vids and the buyers have little interest. I can't blame them either, amateur hour is the standard as of now and I wish I knew how to change it. Best of luck to you with the project but from someone who is mainstream (bestbuy, tower, ext.) the little flow that is there needs to be high quality to keep the market alive and help the evolution.
i wish everyone would realize this

this thread is a joke
Old 08-26-2005, 01:20 PM

Carla has a spectacular aura aboutCarla has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by nitrofed7

So you ordered it huh?
Did you notice that the music in JD2 was totally different than if you bought JD2 in a store somewhere? Thought that was strange....
Old 08-26-2005, 01:45 PM

Gixxer_R.i.F. is a decent person

Where is the dude with all the ideas? If he was serious he would be hitting up all these threads communicating with the people.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:52 PM

SFGIRL01 is an unknown quantity at this point

So since we are talking about DVD's in this thread.....do any of you feel that video distributing companys (Impact Video to name one of the largest and best known) should limit and have standards for what stuntriding videos they market, the last I counted they had 63 videos in the Streetbike section. the percentage of the ones worthy of $25 on the lower side.
I totally believe in the American way and that everyone is entitled to make a video if they so desire, but the market is way saturated and think their does need to be some method to the madness? Curious to hear your thoughts and suggestions, we all know we've bought a video at one time or another and was disappointed.
I guess one of my biggest pet peeves is when a video features all stolen music, you know Damn well 50Cent didnt sign his music rights over, and then my next question is how did that slip through the hands of the manufacturers and distributors? whatever, right? actually, I had heard that some videos got pulled for that **** so I am not even sure if people are still doing it, I am burnt out on watching videos, they all seem to blend into one another as of the last couple years. you might see an exceptional rider with mad *** skills here and there, but then the video hits a dead spot, and I find something else to do. I guess if I wanna watch a video nowadays I put in an old favorite and it reminds me of the good old days when I first got hyped on this sport and then it makes me wanna go out see some highway coasters and combos to satisfy my need for adrenaline!
therefore I cant wait to see all of you blazing it up at the annual Streetfighterz ride on Sept 24th!
Ps. Missed Brandon and Patrick's skills last year!!!! that year in the rain rocked!!!
Peace out everyone!!
Old 08-26-2005, 01:55 PM

middleschooler can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by SFGIRL01
So since we are talking about DVD's in this thread.....do any of you feel that video distributing companys (Impact Video to name one of the largest and best known) should limit and have standards for what stuntriding videos they market, the last I counted they had 63 videos in the Streetbike section. the percentage of the ones worthy of $25 on the lower side.
I totally believe in the American way and that everyone is entitled to make a video if they so desire, but the market is way saturated and think their does need to be some method to the madness? Curious to hear your thoughts and suggestions, we all know we've bought a video at one time or another and was disappointed.
I guess one of my biggest pet peeves is when a video features all stolen music, you know Damn well 50Cent didnt sign his music rights over, and then my next question is how did that slip through the hands of the manufacturers and distributors? whatever, right? actually, I had heard that some videos got pulled for that **** so I am not even sure if people are still doing it, I am burnt out on watching videos, they all seem to blend into one another as of the last couple years. you might see an exceptional rider with mad *** skills here and there, but then the video hits a dead spot, and I find something else to do. I guess if I wanna watch a video nowadays I put in an old favorite and it reminds me of the good old days when I first got hyped on this sport and then it makes me wanna go out see some highway coasters and combos to satisfy my need for adrenaline!
therefore I cant wait to see all of you blazing it up at the annual Streetfighterz ride on Sept 24th!
Ps. Missed Brandon and Patrick's skills last year!!!! that year in the rain rocked!!!
Peace out everyone!!
thats nice and everyhting but who are you?2 posts?
Old 08-26-2005, 02:06 PM

SFGIRL01 is an unknown quantity at this point

who am I? Petey Puff mother-****a!

seriously though, just a huge fan of stuntriding since 1998 when the Starboyz made their first appearance in St. Louis, they werent even doing high chairs back then! LOL!

dont hate me cause I am not a post *****! some of us just usually observe and try to keep on the up and up. and sometimes when I am in the mood and something intrigues me then I ask a question.
there are fans of all types rights, 3 year olds to 50 year old Mom's and Dad's, and me!

heard Team Outermost is rockin it too! look forward to seeing you at Stuntwars possibly.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:08 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

i said it once and imma say it again.. FELCES Is up to hard work hahahahaha hes doin all of this j/k but i think when kelm gets better he should send in some footage to this guy.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by SFGIRL01
who am I? Petey Puff mother-****a!

seriously though, just a huge fan of stuntriding since 1998 when the Starboyz made their first appearance in St. Louis, they werent even doing high chairs back then! LOL!

dont hate me cause I am not a post *****! some of us just usually observe and try to keep on the up and up. and sometimes when I am in the mood and something intrigues me then I ask a question.
there are fans of all types rights, 3 year olds to 50 year old Mom's and Dad's, and me!

heard Team Outermost is rockin it too! look forward to seeing you at Stuntwars possibly.
i wont hate you cuz ur not a post *****...but i do like ******....sytunt wars.......actually might be a possibility this time arorund......im startin to travel a lil lil bit with OM...so maybe if its on tehyre agenda it might be on mine
Old 08-26-2005, 02:17 PM

The Ultimate SR is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as giving you my last name it wouldn’t have been such a problem if I wouldn’t have got so much negative feed back from the start, but I cant jeopardize my name to any kind of slander or negativity. I have put in a lot of work to build the relationships and contacts I have made. as far as giving you the names of the power house financial backers you all have to understand I need to prove to these people we have something here before they are willing to come forward. This kind of support you cant just call them up and ask if they would like to be a sponsor, I am afraid it takes a little more then that. I don’t know if any of you have done any leg work on your own to look into bringing a new sport to the main stream, but I am sure some of you have an idea of what it takes, if you all think it is such an easy thing to do, then why is it not where it belongs in the sport world? I guess you are just going to trust me. believe me I know that is not an easy thing to do, but in order for this to work you are going to have to trust someone at some time, that is just the way it is. but my intensions are only in bring this sport to the next level. And also give the top riders a chance to build a career for them selves, not just show off your skills for little or no money. but I can understand your concern and will do my best to answer all of your questions. Some of you people seem to think it is just me sitting around judging your skills and abilities, well you can rest assured that is not the case, there are a lot of people involved. When you are trying to start something of this magnitude it takes a lot of hard work, and a little support would be appreciated. if we all continue to have a negative attitude we wont get any where. As far as you people that would like the sport to stay underground I don’t think you are the kind of people we are looking for, if you got the skill then why wouldn’t you want the rewards that come with it. So for you people that choose not to be involved go ahead and continue to ride the streets and good luck with that. As far as the DVD’s are concerned this is just an added bonus for the top riders to receive a little extra money throughout this process……The DVD’s are not the main focus of the ultimate stunt rider. They are just to find the top riders out there…..

I hope this helped answer some of your questions.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:21 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

dude all the top guys in this so called sport are already makin good bank from dropping their own vids and doin their shows.. so why do they need your help? i'm sure they already have their own connects. and like ERIK the mod said.. if you were so into this you woulda have been on stuntlife since day 1. but you just joined like yesterday so i mean i mean
Old 08-26-2005, 02:26 PM

For those people that are happy in getting what they are getting from the sport that’s great. but there is a much bigger future in this sport and we intend to get it where it should be.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:29 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Ultimate SR
I hope this helped answer some of your questions.
If youve been around the industry for awhile .. then youll know some answers to my below questions.

Who goes by the nickname of "the president" ?
Who was the "young wonder" 3 years ago who is pretty much out of the scene now ?
What stunt team hosted the huge house party in Daytona 3 yrs ago ?

im sure many of the old timers can answer these .. but lets see how deep USR goes
Old 08-26-2005, 02:41 PM

MNUser is an unknown quantity at this point

The Ultimate Stunt Rider

Haven't seen you at the spot?? Ride Much?

It would be in your best interest to quit now. Believe me (when i talk like you) this will go nowhere.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:44 PM

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

alright, i havent posted to pretty much anything on sl lately cause its been the same conversations that i remember like 3 years ago. alot of you arent going to like this but someone has to live in the real world and not la, la land.....even if this sport ever does go mainstream there will only be room for a select few, a small hand full to actually make enough money to live off of let alone live comfortably....the rest of us are just waiting in line for someone to drop out of the scene and collect our turn. my hats off to the guys that have busted there ***'s and are doing well with this sport. i hear references to motocross all the time and how popular it is now as compared to 10 or so years ago....true, but there are still only a small handfull that make a living doing it, the rest of them, much like many of us, still work regular jobs. they work regular jobs take time off to go to races and compete....why....because no matter how popular the sport is there are only so many sponsorships available. i agree there is alot more room for growth in the stunt world.....but it is very limited. most of us will always just be stunting as a hobby at local tracks for small amounts of cash b/c of the limitations and the fact that there are no gurentee your going to come home with any money from comps. in my opinion in 3 more years this thread will re- appear....
Old 08-26-2005, 02:49 PM

I think there are some people on here that just want to put a stop to evolution, and try to influence others into there negative way of thinking. The sport is headed to a new level so stop with all the bull**** and lets get down to business. And if you chose to send negative stuff we will know who not to consider for this opportunity this. This is a serious matter and we don’t need all the fun and games……………
Old 08-26-2005, 02:53 PM

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

I think there are some people on here that just want to put a stop to evolution, and try to influence others into there negative way of thinking. The sport is headed to a new level so stop with all the bull**** and lets get down to business. And if you chose to send negative stuff we will know who not to consider for this opportunity this. This is a serious matter and we don’t need all the fun and games……………
i agree the sport is coming along, but still limited...and always will be, its like any other dream, if you are willing to take the chance, go for it, but be aware there will always be the risk you end up living out of your car...

and by the way...i still think MTV chopped the **** out of the true life show and only put the bull **** in....wich didnt help out in any way...
Old 08-26-2005, 02:57 PM

this thread is ****ing entertaining
Old 08-26-2005, 02:58 PM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point

USR, honestly man your posts are getting more ridiculous as time passes..
Cut out the BS posts and contact the true contenders of the stunt world..No need to come on here with all these BS promises and pre-monitions..
Make a few phonecalls, I'm sure within a couple of hours you would of reached most of the top dogz in this "sport"

SK

Quick Reply: the ultimate stunt rider getting it straight