the ultimate stunt rider getting it straight

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 12:04 AM

The Ultimate SR is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: the ultimate stunt rider getting it straight

I can understand you would like more info, but you have to understand I cant get to deep on the topic and start putting names out there, because the time is not right. As far as the work you put in I would never try to take that away from you. I am a stunt rider my self and live for the sport….like I said we have been putting this together for over 2 year. The road has been long and hard and I am hoping it will get a little easier soon but when I start something I finish it. And I know all you people are the same because In order to ride a motorcycle like you doThis sport …… it takes a lot of hard work & dedication. This sport has been behind the scene for to long and we are going to change that……
Old 08-26-2005, 12:04 AM

spddrcr is an unknown quantity at this point

OK I dont post much on stunt life but let me get this straight, you want riders to send in raw footage of themselves riding so you can make DVD's for each state which you will sell and them give the riders and their "crews" forty percent of each video sold? Why wouldnt riders just make their own DVD's?

Are you tired of turning on the TV to watch something about motorcycles and your only option is to watch some kind of American chopper show, or should I say American Junker? Or are you tired of going to stores that sell motorcycle stunt videos and not knowing what video to buy, just hoping the one you do buy is good. Well so are we and we think it is time for a change. No more wondering what video to buy. Now you will know who the best rider in your state are and who is the best in the country.
You have heard of The Ultimate Fighter and The Ultimate Warrior. Well we have combined the two and come up with The Ultimate Stunt Rider. It's reality T.V on DVD. You ask why is it on DVD and not television? The truth is that T.V. can’t come close to handling what The Ultimate Stunt Rider is all about: true reality at its most extreme. The Ultimate Stunt Rider is pushing reality and extreme to new heights. It is time we push past all the reality crap they play on T.V. and start showing the world what the word extreme really means. No more punk *** chopper building shows. The Ultimate Stunt Rider is the only place where you will be able to get the most extreme motorcycle stunt DVD’S because we are not afraid to show all the bad **** that comes with being a motorcycle stunt rider and by not censoring we will become the #1 place to get bad *** DVD’S with the most hard core riders in the game. Having no censors means more hard core extreme action. So it’s time to step up your game and become The Ultimate Stunt Rider
So its not really reality its just another DVD. from what you have described on your website this whole plan is to make money. Where does national exposure fit into this? if you want to make this a mainstream sport put the money making aside and start a campaign to get it into the Xgames or some other extreme sport venue, and come up with a judging system. it looks to me like your just trying to play up this "ultimate stunt rider scam to make some money.
Im not trying to flame you or make you upset but if it walks like a duck talks like a duck and looks like a duck, its probally a duck, If you know what i mean.
good luck
Old 08-26-2005, 12:07 AM

_juice_ is an unknown quantity at this point

it's probably just some kid tryin to get everyone to send him some free DVD's
Old 08-26-2005, 12:10 AM

CKxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Why the **** would anyone want their badass underground-ish activity to get blown up? I don't give a **** whether or not 13 y/o kids are wearing stunt t-shirts, and carrying a stunt lunchbox while wearing stunt shoes. The same idea applies to anything.

...By 'mainstream' I'm gonna have to guess you mean 'marketable.'
Old 08-26-2005, 12:12 AM

I am in this for the love of the game, as far as making money the money comes for free as soon as we put this sport where it belongs. on top
Old 08-26-2005, 12:17 AM

Paw Paw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Ultimate SR
I can understand you would like more info, but you have to understand I cant get to deep on the topic and start putting names out there, because the time is not right. As far as the work you put in I would never try to take that away from you. I am a stunt rider my self and live for the sport….like I said we have been putting this together for over 2 year. The road has been long and hard and I am hoping it will get a little easier soon but when I start something I finish it. And I know all you people are the same because In order to ride a motorcycle like you doThis sport …… it takes a lot of hard work & dedication. This sport has been behind the scene for to long and we are going to change that……
you cant tell us your name? This must be for real then because it's top secret and stuff. When you have more details to share with us then I'm sure you'll get more cooperation. Till then........"the time is not right".
thanks, Paw Paw
Old 08-26-2005, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by CKxx
Why the **** would anyone want their badass underground-ish activity to get blown up? I don't give a **** whether or not 13 y/o kids are wearing stunt t-shirts, and carrying a stunt lunchbox while wearing stunt shoes. The same idea applies to anything.

...By 'mainstream' I'm gonna have to guess you mean 'marketable.'
It’s going to happen either way… you can count on that. But this is the recognition the sport deserves because I cant think of a sport that is more hardcore. And the people involved not getting what they deserve. Ask a racecar driver to ride a motorcycle the way we do and you will get a big hell no, but you surely could drive the hell out of that car. Because some one made that sport that way………….
Old 08-26-2005, 12:28 AM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

Originally Posted by Paw Paw
you cant tell us your name? This must be for real then because it's top secret and stuff. When you have more details to share with us then I'm sure you'll get more cooperation. Till then........"the time is not right".
thanks, Paw Paw
Old 08-26-2005, 12:33 AM

cpcoatings is an unknown quantity at this point

Again, he's gay and its all

So good and

Keep it street and please guys do not sell out.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:34 AM

my name is Jay! and it is bed time for me.I will post Replies in the morning. have a good night.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:11 AM

middleschooler can only hope to improve

wow.edub is post whoring like crazy.this guy really got you attention ha..lol
Old 08-26-2005, 01:31 AM

speed2dirt is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Paw Paw. He's asked for some of your qualifications repeatedly and you refuse to give any to show you are somebody in the sport. If you knew the sport, you would know who the "best" are and who are the up-and-coming's. Some of the "best" in the game have already posted in this thread.

In my opinion, there will never be one "ultimate stunt rider". This sport has too many variables to say that. One rider can be extremely smooth and skilled (ex. Travis Pastrana), but another can push the sport by inventing new tricks (ex. Carey Hart). Can you honestly say one is better than the other?

On a side note, stunting will never be mainstream (whatever that means). The majority of people stunt on the street and that will always be illegal. If you want stunt riding to become a major sport, push "stunt parks" in local communities. Give riders a place to go stunt and make it legal.

P.S. Sorry for using freestyle motocross as an example. I didn't want to use stunting due to possible conflicts. I wanted to make my point without anyone starting another argument.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:42 AM

banned101 is a decent person

I dont realy see how one guy is going to decide whos the best? And I kinda like that this sport isnt mainstream.I would like to have more stunters in my area though .Im sure some day this sport will grow ,but I m happy with the way it is now.All I can say is check the events out and youll see the best!
Old 08-26-2005, 06:30 AM

Nick Apex is a decent person

Originally Posted by Manny
Drew Stone... ( NYC Films )
Nick Brocha... ( Apex Films)
They scout the skilled riders & put them on film.

You are just soliciting to do the same thing. They at least go explore for them selves & get it on film. They Follow the sport. If you follow the sport you know whos got skill.
Weird way of soliciting to make money of someone elses footage!
That's a great complement to see recognition and to sit next to drews name. I looked over the idea, its a fun idea, but 40% of **** is **** and there is little to no money to be made with stunt DVDs. If you don't shoot it all with the same camera(s), have great editing talent, and a vision greater than a bunch of **** to music then please, we don't need another miniDV/high8/digi8 cluster shot by someone who is not a skilled videographer. I see action sports sales figures every month and we're dropping like a bike ****** panties. The market is flooded with shitty vids and the buyers have little interest. I can't blame them either, amateur hour is the standard as of now and I wish I knew how to change it. Best of luck to you with the project but from someone who is mainstream (bestbuy, tower, ext.) the little flow that is there needs to be high quality to keep the market alive and help the evolution.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:44 AM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

mainstream sucks *** keep it underground
Old 08-26-2005, 07:03 AM

Pigott666gsxr is an unknown quantity at this point

It would take some all ready big names to pull this into the X-Games Light.......such as Metzger< Deegan to get a hold of the Idea and use there power to bring it to a New level.. lots have tried all have Failed.....what we do is ILLEGAL and usually frowned upon so to bring that to a level that would be acceptable on a Family basis would just make it a KANE ONE style circus side show of people who can flip around on bikes and look like Gumby in a wheelie. "NO offense to Kane" Its the pInk flashy shiat" he has mad skillz.i suck.......but its the same issues moto X freestyle and big jump went through early in the 90's same as SKATEBOARDING did also.......remember
"Skateboarding is not a CRIME" well they got over it and now look around there are parks in every town......give it time and the right people to push it in a LEGIT way you may see some progression but not soon and don't hold ur breath......in my opinon. my
Old 08-26-2005, 07:14 AM

Gixxer_R.i.F. is a decent person

[QUOTE We are going to bring this sport to the main stream, and in order to do this we had to come up with a way to find the best stunt riders, and because there are so many good riders out there we had to come up with a way to find the best of the best, and still keep everyone else happy.YEAH[/QUOTE]

You know how many pro and am. stunter DVDs are out there? I can count 35 on my shelf alone. I have a 80 gig hard drive and currently "Your Hard Drive has 24MB Free". You know whats gonna get our sport rolling? These guys on this site and other sites, the pros, the noobs, the ones who have the desire to bust their *** every damn day of the week. What was it Kyle Woods said buy the products that sponser us the pros because they take that money and put it back into the sport. So lower stunt DVD prices I payed like $30 JD3, my opinion it was worth it. But get the Joe 6 pack walking in the motorcycle store to take a look at it and consider a purchase. Reach out to the Family man... Alright here is whats gotta be done. Myself I love the bad *** explict stunt videos dont get me wrong, I love see the hot chick in the videos, guys beating the **** out of other guys. I love that ****. But there needs to be something where the whole family can sit down whatch a stunt video be amazed, laugh and not be offended. I got started trying to stunt from a watching a road rage DVD, I still have my first issue of SSB and almost every sentence memorized. What could really help is big name big money corporations help with advertisement... Have you ever seen a stunt video advertised on TV? I have not. We need more TV exposure from networks and not just the speed channel, People are glued to their TVs this is where our market could thrive. The only way I can see to get this sport going is to give... Time, Free videos, T-shirts, whatever it takes. Stunt riders get a bad rep from everyone so ya know what get out there particpate in cheesey fun runs for charity. I am not a pro and I dont claim to be... Ya'll can say what you want and me and what I wrote but this is how I feel if we are going to bring this sport to the main stream.

Deuces

Kyle O.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:56 AM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person

If this guy was actually serious he would have contacted people in other methods than a message board. Honestly how hard is it to browse websites and shoot off emails.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:09 AM

KF_Chris is a decent person

I hate to say the same thing that everyone else is saying but...
Your site is crap, that's a start. Second, who are you to judge the level of a "pro" from the rest of the stunters. The videos out there now are getting better as time goes. Credentials need to happen, a first name doesn't get it here. All the rest has been said but I wanted to throw in my piece.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:34 AM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The Ultimate SR
We are going to bring this sport to the main stream

that's a pretty bold statement to make......i hope you signed with warner bros. or some **** lie the AD crew guys did

Quick Reply: the ultimate stunt rider getting it straight