Who all is sick of circles?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 09:27 AM

Paw Paw is an unknown quantity at this point
Who all is sick of circles?

....this isn't a bash on anyone by any means. I've been noticing lately when i ride with everyone, all we do is work on circles. circle this...circle that....it's fun to us but to anyone watching, after a few they get boring as hell. I see video clips with 3 minutes of circles. my brother asked the other day if thats the only tricks we do anymore. What's yall opinion?

-Paw Paw
Old 08-25-2005, 09:36 AM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Who all is sick of circles?

We are feeling the same thing..Trouble is for us circles are taking a LONG time to learn, so when we do get people out to the spot to watch you can see they lose interest after 5 mins..Now maybe the fast circles would be different as there is some speed associated with it..I also find when take a break from learning something, it feels a bit easier when you go back to it..
So now instead of trying to learn circles all day, we are now trying to get other tricks in there as well..Coasters, no handers, seat standers etc etc..I'll tell you it really brought the fun back to practice when we started mixing it up..Maybe it slows down our circle progress but who gives a *****..Like everything else we have learned to date..eventually we will get them..

Great thread...

SK

Originally Posted by Paw Paw
....this isn't a bash on anyone by any means. I've been noticing lately when i ride with everyone, all we do is work on circles. circle this...circle that....it's fun to us but to anyone watching, after a few they get boring as hell. I see video clips with 3 minutes of circles. my brother asked the other day if thats the only tricks we do anymore. What's yall opinion?

-Paw Paw
Old 08-25-2005, 09:53 AM

catach42 is an unknown quantity at this point

im sick of them but only cuz i STILL cant do them
Old 08-25-2005, 09:55 AM

catach42 is an unknown quantity at this point

but i almost never have a session where i do just circles for more than half an hour or so. there is other **** that is just as sick that is much more fun to work on and watch
Old 08-25-2005, 09:57 AM

Very true !

Originally Posted by catach42
but i almost never have a session where i do just circles for more than half an hour or so. there is other **** that is just as sick that is much more fun to work on and watch
Old 08-25-2005, 10:00 AM

John LegionST is a decent person

it sucks cause its one of those tricks that is boring (to do and watch) but that you NEED to be able to do and they take a lot of work to lock down! I hate sitting in a lot all night working on different O's but it has to be done.

But to answer the question, yes im sick of them.

I know some of you are going to ask WHY do we practice them if they are boring and we are sick of them and so on... well the answer is simple... we strive to be all around good riders... not circle ******, or stoppie ******, or idle ******... we want to be EVERYTHING ******!!! LOL
Old 08-25-2005, 10:05 AM

M1guh is an unknown quantity at this point

It's hard to find challenging tricks which doesnt include circles..
why work on old combo's when you can do the same combo in a circle?
Circles are mad fun to do.. their just not as fun to look at.
So as long as I'm training on the spot I do alot of circles...
Old 08-25-2005, 10:05 AM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

i <3 circles.....just like any other trick personal style plays a big role.

I'll agree that after a few they do get rather boring....but it si fun when you have a few poeple watching and everytime you come around their jaw drops farther down,lol

i did 47 circles that way just yesterday, lol

throwing some other stuff into circles is cool tho, such as SS circles.....

combo circles, sitdown circle to standup circle to SS circle to frog circle to spreader circle, etc. etc. etc.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:17 AM

LMAO, man we are IDLE ****** for sure....I started practicing coasters about a month ago, b4 that I forgot what it was like to actually use the throttle again..AND my bike actually made it out of first gear !!!

SK

Originally Posted by john LegionST
not circle ******, or stoppie ******, or idle ******... we want to be EVERYTHING ******!!! LOL
Old 08-25-2005, 10:20 AM

RUSH. is an unknown quantity at this point

I love em too much. WHen I am out by myself and no one is around I enjoy combo circles more than anything. I like doing em for fun not for any other reason. THey are addicting
Old 08-25-2005, 10:23 AM
Don't read this.

the more you do them, the more you enjoy doing them and the more you enjoy watching others do them
Old 08-25-2005, 10:31 AM

f4stunna is a decent person

your on a pedal bike!

but as far as practicing circles, i am no where even close to trying yet. but as far as watching it depends on whats goin on. like when Darius first put out the video of him throwing down the highchair circles and throwing in spreader combos and what not, i could ahve watched that all day. so in all, i guess it has to be somthing wig splitting to be enteraining cuase watching someone do stand up circles all day is boring as hell.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:32 AM
Don't read this.

Originally Posted by f4stunna
your on a pedal bike!

point being....??
Old 08-25-2005, 10:33 AM

1wheelfelon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paw Paw

-Paw Paw
you took the words right out of my mouth, i feel like they have almost become a block to some riders as they have given up on working on other tricks, like you said i am not knocking anyone because they without a doubt are on top of their game,having that much control of the bike. but yeh in my opinion circles are gay

Gates
Old 08-25-2005, 10:46 AM

KF_Chris is a decent person

I want to learn them but it's a long ways away for me. it's all about the amount of control that I see in them. as far as watching, O's in person is nice because not noone here can really do them (no offense to those who can), but on the vid clips, after a minute or so of someone doing circles, I stop waching. combo circles are cool to see tho I think. seeing someone do super smooth circles is pimp though, and the ones that Darius is throwin down are sic.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:48 AM

Man you're killin me here...You are on a bicycle..No need to even get into the physics of it...Every other thread I read it seems you are responding with some sort of advice or input from a riderz perspective....I seen your clip...not bad at all...But remember its just a bicycle...Stop spending all this time on here, get a part time job...buy a used fiddy and at least step into the world of motorized stuntz....

Cheers

SK

Originally Posted by GundamnitPete
the more you do them, the more you enjoy doing them and the more you enjoy watching others do them
Old 08-25-2005, 10:51 AM
Don't read this.

getting an XR100 soon, and what's wrong with me saying i enjoy watching circles? i sure as hell didn't until i started trying them
Old 08-25-2005, 10:54 AM

Uh nuthin wrong with watchin but your comment was that the more you do them the more fun they are...Well you havent really done them yet so need to tell us how much fun they are...
Glad to hear that you are stepping up to a motor...maybe then I can relax a bit on my replies and support another young up and coming stunta..Till then tho...If you dont put gas in it..IT DOESNT COUNT ...lol

SK

Originally Posted by GundamnitPete
getting an XR100 soon, and what's wrong with me saying i enjoy watching circles? i sure as hell didn't until i started trying them
Old 08-25-2005, 10:59 AM
Don't read this.

Originally Posted by SmurfKilla
Uh nuthin wrong with watchin but your comment was that the more you do them the more fun they are...Well you havent really done them yet so need to tell us how much fun they are...
notice the I.E. it's my beleif that once someone really gets into them (as i have) they enjoy them

did you enjoy LEARNING idle? now that you can ride idle do you enjoy it?

IT DOESNT COUNT ...lol

circles aren't easy on anything but a wheel chiar
Old 08-25-2005, 11:46 AM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

Pete's a pimp and well be good on a bike just as soon as he gets one.

The Youth knows whats cool, I'll just pay attention.

Quick Reply: Who all is sick of circles?