Who all is sick of circles?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 04:55 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough
Re: Who all is sick of circles?

Yeah I also know that his bike weighs 30 lbs...Not awhole lot of danger in that now is there ?
if you want me to do something dangerious i'll stand in the middle lane on the highway

danger and skill are two sperate things....
But I dont consider Freestyle on a bicycle the same as trying to tame a sportsbike..
I don't consider sportbike freestyle the same as bike stunting, but i respect the dudes who are even doing power wheelies cause they are better at their sport than I am, and vice versa

So when the circle thread or any stunt thread comes up and I read someone on a bicycle giving advice to up and coming riders who are battling their way thru the stunt game I say cut it out...
that's funny? i don't remember giving advice?

I have seen this time after time on here...Not just from GDP but others as well..
just wait man, when this blows up, your gonna have 10 year olds telling you that SS circles in "kyle woods pro stunter" are the same as in real life
Old 08-25-2005, 05:02 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by deathwishriders
circles are cool ...as long as the rider does them inbetween 300+ foot endos, mad burnout combos, bar tricks, and other sht

i guess watching a one dimensional rider gets boring no matter what he/she is doing---d
1 dimensional riders bore me, thats why I bore myself when I watch video. I can rock fast shyt(spreaders, sit-down, stand-up....) all day long, but with college haven't had time to learn the slow shyt let alone circles.

Heres how I look at it, circles are cool, bar tricks are cool, burnouts are cool, endos are cool....the trick is to mix them up, if you can roll 100' endos, 5 circles in a row, and all bar tricks, with some nice burnouts and maybe some coasters and no-handers, that would be more entertaining to me than someone who can rock 80 circles in a row, but couldn't pull off a bar trick, coaster, no-hander,..........

Keep in mind most audiences aren't hardcore into stunting, and the only way they're gonna know circles are harder is if a come up stunter in the crowd tells them, so seeing the same thing over and over will lose their interest, but things they see as really dangerous gets them going crazy, I can remember Dan Jackson and Johnny Seals rolling endos at show side by side around a corner on a banked outer road that ran along the highway.....5 minutes earlier Dan was bustin out all kinds of stuff, but they blew up when the endos started!!! Bringing that tail high in a stoppie or really low in a bar trick or coaster LOOKS more dangerous to the crowd, especially at higher speeds.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:05 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

yup eaze is right..people wanna see dangerous looking ****..which IS dangerous if you lose control..even doing the most dangerous **** on a bicycle is about as dangerous as just riding a sportbike..thats why i dont see bicycle stunting as anything respectable..ps you gonna be at ride of the century? we can hook up and kill it if you want.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:07 PM
Don't read this.

you can't get hurt to bad riding a skate board.....but that is some crazy ****
Old 08-25-2005, 05:12 PM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point

U see thats the difference, you consider danger and skill 2 different things b/c there really is not alot of danger learning tricks on a bicycle...
However on the big bikes, until you acquire the skill its all danger..Thats the rush of learning a new trick knowing that there is a fine line between fun and pain...The danger is always there, afterall we are talking about a 400 lb bike that can inflict damage in a snap of a finger....The better you get the less dangerous it is until you get into a new trick...

Some of you guys talk about idle tricks like its taboo, even tho you probably just spent the last 2 years mastering it..Now b/c you have acquired the skills to go out and hit the streets with your new found talent you think others should follow...even tho they are still in the parkin lot learning like you were..
Our city is full of sportbikes power wheeling all over town..It isnt safe...90 percent have no control and use the bikes power to get them up to freeway speeds..Hell 3 years ago I went 11 miles down the freeway thinking I was all about the control when in actual fact you could of removed the rear brake as I never touched it even when it was on 2 wheels...lol...You guys want to rock the highways and keep it real and all that gangsta shiat..Phuckin give her..But do you really think there is longevity in that ? The slow stuff teaches you alot of control both clutch and brake...So dont be so quick to dismiss it...Circles is just another level of control..
Def the most frustrating trick to date other than maybe trying to steer an endo...
Aint nuthin wrong with rockin the lot all day as long as you are having fun..
Cheers
SK
Old 08-25-2005, 05:13 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by john LegionST
it sucks cause its one of those tricks that is boring (to do and watch) but that you NEED to be able to do and they take a lot of work to lock down! I hate sitting in a lot all night working on different O's but it has to be done.

But to answer the question, yes im sick of them.

I know some of you are going to ask WHY do we practice them if they are boring and we are sick of them and so on... well the answer is simple... we strive to be all around good riders... not circle ******, or stoppie ******, or idle ******... we want to be EVERYTHING ******!!! LOL

i dont think you NEED to learn them, Ronnie from Reality doesnt do them, and he to this day is still one of the most entertaining riders out there PERIOD.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by DoodleF4i
yup eaze is right..people wanna see dangerous looking ****..which IS dangerous if you lose control..even doing the most dangerous **** on a bicycle is about as dangerous as just riding a sportbike..thats why i dont see bicycle stunting as anything respectable..ps you gonna be at ride of the century? we can hook up and kill it if you want.
gotta get a battery and cam chain tensioner for my bike by then, but I'll definately be up for some street killin'!!!!! I gotta try and do somemore tricks by next years ride, would love to be able to be rockin a sit-down down the highway at 60, pull next to the camera car and pull it back to a coaster on the highway......that is highway homicide!!!! I'll PM you my cell # for the ride, gonna roll out friday the 23rd after we all get outta work, prolly be just in time to get drunk!!!! Gonna be staying at the Holiday Inn by the airport again, got some good drunk video of a buddy tryin to handstand down the hallway<-----just ended up kicking every door and all down the wall at 3am
Old 08-25-2005, 05:18 PM
Don't read this.

Originally Posted by SmurfKilla
U see thats the difference, you consider danger and skill 2 different things b/c there really is not alot of danger learning tricks on a bicycle...
depends on the trick and the area
However on the big bikes, until you acquire the skill its all danger..
agreed
Thats the rush of learning a new trick knowing that there is a fine line between fun and pain...
weird, the fun for me is that fact that i pulled it off

Some of you guys talk about idle tricks like its taboo, even tho you probably just spent the last 2 years mastering it..Now b/c you have acquired the skills to go out and hit the streets with your new found talent you think others should follow...even tho they are still in the parkin lot learning like you were..
Our city is full of sportbikes power wheeling all over town..It isnt safe...90 percent have no control and use the bikes power to get them up to freeway sppeds..Hell 3 years ago I went 11 miles down the freeway thinking I was all about the control when in actual fact you could of removed the rear brake as I never touched it even when it was on 2 wheels...lol...The slow stuff teaches you alot of control both clutch and brake...So dont be so quick to dismiss it...Circles is just another level of control which I have yet to master..
Def the most frustrating trick to date other than maybe trying to steer an endo...
Aint nuthin wrong with rockin the lot all day as long as you are having fun..
Cheers
SK
couldn't agree more
Old 08-25-2005, 05:18 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

sweet dude yeah we can kill..im down for anything spots or highways..
Old 08-25-2005, 05:42 PM

OK,........ENOUGH WITH THE BICYCLE BULLSHYT!!!!!

Regardless of how you look at it, a bicycle, or fiddy, or go-cart, or ATV, or whatever, NONE of them are stuntbikes!!!!!!!!!!! They are all cool with me, and will ride anything, but a bicycle(because I'm lazy and thats too much damn work), but will never be like a stuntbike.

Tricks are cool on a bicycle, Darius's shifter go-kart is pimp as hell, fiddys are fun as hell, but people on here don't tell how to do something on them unless they have one and ride it. I would make an **** of myself on a bicycle tryin to show you how to ride a wheelie, but have ridden a 400ex for years and could tell you how to do whatever you wanna know...THAT I CAN ALREADY DO!

Dont intend to offend anyone or start anymore BS drama, this is an opinioin thread about circles and some good things have been posted, but we have to fish thru 50 posts of "bicycles are gay", "no you're gay"......blah blah blah

If you have NO streetbike and don't stunt a streetbike, you are QUALIFIED to give your opinion as a fan/spectator/whatever. If you are a stunter but you can't rock a circle and/or haven't tried (like me) you are QUALIFIED to give your opinion as someone who can't/hasn't tried. I gave my opinion as someone who can't so my opinion comes from being a spectator and what I would want to see to keep me entertained, I couldn't tell you anything about how hard they are to do, or how rewarding it is to finally "get them down." I do know how rewarding it was to ride a long spreader down the highway at the balance point, and how it felt to slow down a standup on the highway tho.....so news tricks are rewarding, on a stuntbike, bicycle, fiddy or whatever.

Again, not to **** anyone off but this is getting old, I don't give any credibilty to advice about doing tricks from people on bicycles, its entirely different, BUT I respect what they can do! When it comes to a 400EX I can ride one fairly well, but I don't post vids on here, nor do I give advice based on riding it, if I have advice it comes from experience riding my RR.

I'm tired, and I'm done.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:51 PM
Don't read this.

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
I don't give any credibilty to advice about doing tricks from people on bicycles

link me please
Old 08-25-2005, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by GundamnitPete
link me please
what.....

link you????
Old 08-25-2005, 05:54 PM
Don't read this.

yeah, link me to the post of which you are talking about
Old 08-25-2005, 05:56 PM

Paw Paw is an unknown quantity at this point

you **** quit ****in up my thread! lol

Paw Paw
Old 08-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Don't read this.

lol, drama is for queers and homos
Old 08-25-2005, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by GundamnitPete
yeah, link me to the post of which you are talking about
here:

<3 circles.....just like any other trick personal style plays a big role.

I'll agree that after a few they do get rather boring....but it si fun when you have a few poeple watching and everytime you come around their jaw drops farther down,lol

i did 47 circles that way just yesterday, lol

throwing some other stuff into circles is cool tho, such as SS circles.....

combo circles, sitdown circle to standup circle to SS circle to frog circle to spreader circle, etc. etc. etc.
47 circle on a bicycle isn't the same as on a sportbike, too many variances, how can you do a frogger without a gas tank

the more you do them, the more you enjoy doing them and the more you enjoy watching others do them .
read 2 more lines

getting an XR100 soon, and what's wrong with me saying i enjoy watching circles? i sure as hell didn't until i started trying them
read next line

notice the I.E. it's my beleif that once someone really gets into them (as i have) they enjoy them
you aren't doing them, you are riding a bicycle

did you enjoy LEARNING idle? now that you can ride idle do you enjoy it?
there's no idle on a bicycle, you have pedals

I don't wanna argue anymore, I posted my opinion, I'm only gonna respond as far as my opinion goes as WATCHING PEOPLE ROCK CIRCLES

HERE GOES:
I think Darius and Dan Jackson and more need to all rock some circles together, then everything else too, like highchair scrapes :YEAH
Old 08-25-2005, 06:08 PM

UNIDENTIFIED is an unknown quantity at this point

i get pretty fuggin tired of watching them too
Old 08-25-2005, 06:23 PM

DEBO is a decent person
Re: Who all is of circles?

I noticed Mr. Woods run in SW05 did not contain any circles. 1st place trophy went to him.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:25 PM
Don't read this.

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
here:

47 circle on a bicycle isn't the same as on a sportbike, too many variances, how can you do a frogger without a gas tank
nope but it's also boring (like many poeple say about doing more than 6-8 circles, and it sure ain't easy
read 2 more lines
you seem to forget the meaing that it's my beleif that once you start doing them and get into them, you'll like'em

you aren't doing them, you are riding a bicycle
not on a bike big no, but by it's very name a circle wheelie is a wheelie in a circle

not like they are easy or anything, but hey what would you know about that?

there's no idle on a bicycle, you have pedals
you obviously misunderstood my point, LEARNING any trick generally isn't the fun part, getting that trick locked down IS

I don't wanna argue anymore, I posted my opinion, I'm only gonna respond as far as my opinion goes as WATCHING PEOPLE ROCK CIRCLES
gee that's funny, that's all i posted and you seem to think i was offereing advice

I'm sure you must think circles on a bicycle are easy the only thing circles are easy on is a wheel chair

go ahead and get on your lil sister or brothers 10 speed and rock out man, i'm sure you'll have a new found respect for what i do, just as i do of you guys
Old 08-25-2005, 06:58 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point

Eaze never said a thing about them being easy, or that he did not have respect for your bicycle riding abilities. He simply stated that in a thread about sportbike circles, you shouldn't be spaeking and giving your opinion as a rider. You don't ride these things yet. Thats all he is saying. Fu(ks sake.... Like I said. If you do circles in a show, I think you should rock them off idle, or just purposely haggard. That way they are entertaining to watch. Or find the crappiest part of pavement to do them on. Like in the OM DVD when sillyneck rolls circs on the dirt. Thats cool. Or work circles into something else, like float in a fast coaster, then go into circles. That way there's variety..... My buddy josh and I decided that from now on we open shows with power wheelies.... Those are cooler anyway.

Quick Reply: Who all is sick of circles?