get the kids doing it

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 10:53 PM

Nick Apex is a decent person
get the kids doing it

After spending a good couple days with the outermost prodigy on a bike slightly bigger than a 50 I've seen the light. People ***** and moan, talk about sport, talk about mainstream. There are many avenues for development, but one of our biggest struggles can be centered around our lack of a fan base. And there I was Saturday night watching a kid without a drivers license with this stupid look on my face, and it dawned on me. I've gone to shows, talked to young kids, and I never spent much time talking to their parents about how they can get their kids involved. But to see Mike doing **** I only dream about doing on a bike really set off that idea. Perhaps those who have public influence should put some time into promoting smaller (not 50's) 4 stokes. Can't hurt, and considering kids can pick them up for a little over a K it's not out of the question. Back when I was 15 I would spend at least that much snowboarding every year. It's 3904284 times easier to market to 10-17 year olds than to try and sell anything to the early 20 something's that actually follow this hobby. I'm going to keep my eye out for a cheap 100 just to have as an example. Just a thought.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:02 PM

UNIDENTIFIED is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: get the kids doing it

i just picked up a 125 TTR for 1700 its an 04' (from dealer), the **** is cheap as ***!!! and yeah market to the moms and dads also, they hav eteh most infuence over what the kids do, show them that where not a bunch of stupid wild crazy b!tches and that its not gonna kill there F'in kid to let them ride! :YEAH
Old 08-22-2005, 11:07 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED
i just picked up a 125 TTR for 1700 its an 04' (from dealer), the **** is cheap as ***!!! and yeah market to the moms and dads also, they hav eteh most infuence over what the kids do, show them that where not a bunch of stupid wild crazy b!tches and that its not gonna kill there F'in kid to let them ride! :YEAH

I'm the one who told you get the TTR you jackass!

but i agree nick.....
Old 08-22-2005, 11:28 PM

~Mandy~ is a decent person

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138166
https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=137827

I agree, my son started riding when he was 5. Between watching his dad, watching videos, and going to shows, I am amazed at all he has learned and how much he enjoys riding. I have people constantly saying "thats so awesome, you are so cool for letting him do that" Why wouldn't I let him do it? Because he can get hurt? Well yeah, he can get hurt and he has... Screws in the elbow did not stop him from doing it though. Of course I want to protect him, but this is something that he LOVES, he enjoys, and he gives it 100%, therefore I support him and will continue to support him as long as he is happy and he's not into trouble. There are so many things kids these days get into, and it seems to start at younger and younger ages. If a child has nothing to do with thier time other than running the neighborhood, trying to occupy free time chances are they are going to find something to do, but I can almost guarantee it's not something they should be doing. So, as long as he continues to do well in school and stays out of trouble I will support him 100% Hopefully he will be on a 100 by Christmas time, and we'll see where it goes from there.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:32 PM

Bill McMahon is a decent person

What if everyone made a conscious effort to push this forward? Established riders/teams have fans. If out of that fan base even a few younger riders (with small motorcycle) would be encouraged to proceed, with the understanding that these more experianced riders are available for guidance (pointers, etc...) via email or welcome them to your spot. The point is, if a small portion of a show featured the talents of a younger rider, as well as maybe a small segment of forthcoming dvds, it would give younger fans an avenue in which to emulate this sport. Alot of parents hate sportbikes, but might not be as apprehensive of the idea of junior rocking controlled stunts on a little motorcycle "wearing gear".

As much as the media loves to bait stunt riders with the promise of exposure, and then twist everything while using the footage for a 5 minute shock segment, they'd probably be less slanderous to a younger rider on a playbike. Anyway, whatever happens, Nick raises a very interesting and valid point.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by GundamnitPete
I'm the one who told you get the TTR you jackass!

but i agree nick.....
ya ****!!!
Old 08-22-2005, 11:47 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bill McMahon
What if everyone made a conscious effort to push this forward? Established riders/teams have fans. If out of that fan base even a few younger riders (with small motorcycle) would be encouraged to proceed, with the understanding that these more experianced riders are available for guidance (pointers, etc...) via email or welcome them to your spot. The point is, if a small portion of a show featured the talents of a younger rider, as well as maybe a small segment of forthcoming dvds, it would give younger fans an avenue in which to emulate this sport. Alot of parents hate sportbikes, but might not be as apprehensive of the idea of junior rocking controlled stunts on a little motorcycle "wearing gear".

exactly....when i first met altered minds and scooter trash the only stunts i could do where spreaders, caosters, and 20 foot wide circles.

the first time i was invited out to a spot it encouraged me to get better and work harder and harder...

and with the support of most the local groups, in 4 months time i went from 2 foot stoppies to +80 foot, from 25 foot wide circles to parking space wide circles, from 50 foot coasters to 400 foot coasters, from 5 foot one handers, to 150 foot no handers, from spreaders to HC's to spec-K's to can can's to stranglers to seat standers to flamingos.....

the support and (most importantly) props from these guys who do exactly what i base my life around is unimaginable motovation.

not to mention the oppertunities i've had....one of the local groupshas a 3-4 minute segment in their DVD dedicated solely to me!

another group invited me to ride with them at a DRAGWAY and i was performing infront of at least 1,000 poeple!

not to mention if i paid these gays back for all the water/gatorade/pepsi they bought me than i'd be in debt up to me eyeballs

i think alot of stunt groups should include kids aswell.....every last friend i got here on stuntlife, i tell them to go find some stunters in your area and ask if you can hang out at the spot, it's a hell of alotta fun....
Old 08-22-2005, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by GundamnitPete
exactly....when i first met altered minds and scooter trash the only stunts i could do where spreaders, caosters, and 20 foot wide circles.

the first time i was invited out to a spot it encouraged me to get better and work harder and harder...

and with the support of most the local groups, in 4 months time i went from 2 foot stoppies to +80 foot, from 25 foot wide circles to parking space wide circles, from 50 foot coasters to 400 foot coasters, from 5 foot one handers, to 150 foot no handers, from spreaders to HC's to spec-K's to can can's to stranglers to seat standers to flamingos.....

the support and (most importantly) props from these guys who do exactly what i base my life around is unimaginable motovation.

not to mention the oppertunities i've had....one of the local groupshas a 3-4 minute segment in their DVD dedicated solely to me!

another group invited me to ride with them at a DRAGWAY and i was performing infront of at least 1,000 poeple!

not to mention if i paid these gays back for all the water/gatorade/pepsi they bought me than i'd be in debt up to me eyeballs

i think alot of stunt groups should include kids aswell.....every last friend i got here on stuntlife, i tell them to go find some stunters in your area and ask if you can hang out at the spot, it's a hell of alotta fun....
hell yes... :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH
Old 08-23-2005, 10:19 AM
Scrape and keep going...

not_me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ~Mandy~
https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138166
https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=137827

I agree, my son started riding when he was 5. Between watching his dad, watching videos, and going to shows, I am amazed at all he has learned and how much he enjoys riding. I have people constantly saying "thats so awesome, you are so cool for letting him do that" Why wouldn't I let him do it? Because he can get hurt? Well yeah, he can get hurt and he has... Screws in the elbow did not stop him from doing it though. Of course I want to protect him, but this is something that he LOVES, he enjoys, and he gives it 100%, therefore I support him and will continue to support him as long as he is happy and he's not into trouble. There are so many things kids these days get into, and it seems to start at younger and younger ages. If a child has nothing to do with thier time other than running the neighborhood, trying to occupy free time chances are they are going to find something to do, but I can almost guarantee it's not something they should be doing. So, as long as he continues to do well in school and stays out of trouble I will support him 100% Hopefully he will be on a 100 by Christmas time, and we'll see where it goes from there.
You are a great mom..... It takes strength to watch your son grow up.

Camo Mike
Old 08-23-2005, 10:31 AM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

yah buddy..........

me and Nicky are on the same page here
Old 08-23-2005, 12:55 PM

middleschooler can only hope to improve

lmao......................****in sick *** paragraphs!lol.....good **** nick.mandy gundam.i like ur paragrphs!there real meaningful!
Old 08-23-2005, 12:59 PM

Nick Apex is a decent person

damn homeschooler, use your words!
Old 08-23-2005, 02:25 PM

middleschooler can only hope to improve

lmao......................****in sick *** paragraphs!lol.....good **** nick.mandy gundam.i like ur paragrphs!there real meaningful!
Old 08-23-2005, 02:43 PM

RuntStunts is a decent person

Hell yeah, and Mandy's kid is straight killin shyt.

Damn good idea
Old 08-23-2005, 02:48 PM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

for the kids, for the kids hahaha
Old 08-23-2005, 02:54 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

For the moms!! hahaha

-kane
Old 08-23-2005, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Kaneone
For the moms!! hahaha

-kane
lmfao... a day in the life of kane... wake up, ***, stunt, ***, stunt, ***, stunt, ***, stunt, ***, stunt, ***, stunt, ***, stunt, ***, stunt, ***, stunt then sleep???
Old 08-23-2005, 03:01 PM

RuntStunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED
lmfao... a day in the life of kane... wake up, ***, stunt, ***, stunt, ***, stunt, ***, stunt, ***, stunt, ***, stunt, ***, stunt, ***, stunt, ***, stunt then sleep???

I think you missed videotape in there somewhere?????????????
Old 08-23-2005, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by telefonica600
I think you missed videotape in there somewhere?????????????
Old 08-23-2005, 03:10 PM

BULLO 900 is a decent person

Who Cares ................i Wanna Have Kids So I Can Beat Them Till The White Meat Comes Out.........................

Get Me A Beer You Little ****

Quick Reply: get the kids doing it