help...i broke it

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 01:49 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold
help...i broke it

my 929 isn't happy with me right now... was at our spot lastnite, went to clutch up first gear at about 8 mph, as soon as i let the clutch out it makes this **** sound of backfiring, and spuddering and clanking.... i shut it off right away, haven't had a chance to look at it yet. but clutch still works, and will start..just won't stay running, and sputters and pops reallly bad, like it's backing out... i think i might have bent an exhaust valve..any ideas?
Old 08-22-2005, 02:08 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold
Re: help...i broke it

i see people keep looking at this thread... any opinions?
Old 08-22-2005, 02:10 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
i see people keep looking at this thread... any opinions?
need more information/details
Old 08-22-2005, 02:20 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
... any opinions?

it's gabage get ride of it now

so......$800 shipped?
Old 08-22-2005, 02:24 PM

randomjibrish is an unknown quantity at this point

ahh...i new ude brake it.....i hope ur happy that u did brake it......bastard......now im ganna post this then reed wat u typed...cuz i havnt red it yet......
Old 08-22-2005, 02:31 PM
B.T.M.

haha bastard.. bike was running fine, i was surrounded by MMI students who knew nothing. some said it was a spark plug wire came off, but the way it sounded i doubt it.. i think it's the exhaust valve because if it is stuck open and firing, then the exhaust will be forced back out, creating the popping sound, and lack of running.. i don't know what other details needed.. sounds like an exhaust leak, with a lot of popping and clicking
Old 08-22-2005, 02:54 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

cylinder compression test will tell you if you have a bent valve,but I would check out fuel system first
Old 08-22-2005, 03:21 PM
B.T.M.

k well come over and check it out
Old 08-22-2005, 10:05 PM

TheLot is an unknown quantity at this point

If its a bent exhaust valve, you would hear a lot more then a backfire or two. Your engine would be ticking like crazy and loud! there is practically no clearence between your valves and your pistons. And if you bent a valve then it wouldnt seat properly and the piston would be hitting it everytime on the up stroke. eventually it would break and score up your cylendar walls and jam into the face of your head. But it is hard to tell what is wrong with little detail and without hearing it in person.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:14 PM
B.T.M.

k well it's official... kendall (livingcanvas) was right... it blew the plug out of the head.. ripping the threads out completely.. so now i need to take the head off, and helicoil a fitting in there.. and return the plug.. god this sucks
Old 08-25-2005, 12:40 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

Have fun with that Mike

Everyone with a 929 take this as a warning.....tighten your spark plugs periodically....this is a fairly common problem with 929's. Mine did it, and i know a couple others that have as well

BTW mike, spark plugs for the 929 are about 20$ or more......EACH!!
Old 08-25-2005, 12:40 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

P.S. Call me if you need any help
Old 08-25-2005, 01:20 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

**** that sucks--I hate getting to spark plugs just as much as i hate cleaning and greasing my chain.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:03 PM
B.T.M.

wait, i'm supposed to clean and grease my chain too? jeezus, i thought these bikes were problem free! pfft that's it, i'm getting a harley
Old 08-25-2005, 02:04 PM
B.T.M.

oh and thanks kendoll.. i'm sure i'll be callin u most likely drunk and pissed off