2 basic wheelie questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 12:58 PM

Splash4195 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2 basic wheelie questions

I'm pretty new doing wheelies on the SPORT BIKES. I totally agree with using both fingers. I saw a guy loop is 04 R1 and it wasn't pretty. He didn't have a helmet or gloves either. SO USE THE REAR BRAKE! It would of saved him.

ALSO WEAR YOUR GEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2005, 01:07 PM
cr6

cr6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the middle finger, but that's just me. Most of the guys i ride with use the index finger. Also, I learned staggered standups and sitdowns... It gets boring just doing one thing all the time.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:13 PM

mainerdr is an unknown quantity at this point

I am just learning to clutch them up and I really don't feel comfortable using both index and mid fingers.... I feel like I don't get a good grip on the bars and it causes me to pull the front up uneven.... little crooked.... thought it was more wt on one peg than the other but switched to doing index finger clutchin and it lifts more evenly to me..... I ain't a pro and don't claim to be....

for me I do what I feel more comfortable with, and listen to others suggestions.... I kinda feel it's like any other sport I have ever been involved with... If I don't feel comfortable with it I won't do well... but if mentally I am strong and feel confident I can pull it off....
Old 08-19-2005, 01:16 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by mainerdr
I am just learning to clutch them up and I really don't feel comfortable using both index and mid fingers.... I feel like I don't get a good grip on the bars and it causes me to pull the front up uneven.... little crooked.... thought it was more wt on one peg than the other but switched to doing index finger clutchin and it lifts more evenly to me..... I ain't a pro and don't claim to be....

for me I do what I feel more comfortable with, and listen to others suggestions.... I kinda feel it's like any other sport I have ever been involved with... If I don't feel comfortable with it I won't do well... but if mentally I am strong and feel confident I can pull it off....
It's just like I told her,"Iit only feels weird the first couple of times. Just keep doing it and it will feel good and you'll get the hang of it".