Wheelie Speed

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 05:24 PM

Tdeal28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wheelie Speed

I was wondering for all of you who can pimp long 2nd gear stand ups, what speed do you usually end up riding the balance point at???
Old 08-16-2005, 05:31 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person
Re: Wheelie Speed

45mph in 2nd is perfect on a mildly geared 954, otherwise around 55-60..
Old 08-16-2005, 05:35 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

45mph.... +12, -1 f4i
Old 08-16-2005, 05:38 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

no speedo on mine anymore, if you can see your speed in a standup you are setting it down alrready. I'm -1/+17, but would estimate roughly 25-40mph?????
Old 08-16-2005, 05:55 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

i can see my speedo in a standup even when i'm slowing it down, just gotta look down through the screen smart guy... dependin on the situation, on reg streets i'll sit at about 45, or highway can sit at 65... that's on a stock geared 929
Old 08-17-2005, 08:46 AM

KF_Chris is a decent person

between 30 and 70 depending on the traffic around. with the +19, I don't know...but I can't see the speedo anyway
Old 08-17-2005, 08:55 AM

John LegionST is a decent person

Originally Posted by Z-UNIT
45mph.... +12, -1 f4i
In SECOND gear?!?! trying to pop that motor quick huh?!?!

We rock out on the geared bikes in 4th, 5th, or sometimes 6th depending on traffic, what we're doing (spreaders, combos, regular wheelies, etc) and just try to stay near the same speed as the slower traffic.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:22 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

About 45 on stock gears

45mph.... +12, -1 f4i
You gotta start using 3rd or 4th on the streets homie
Old 08-17-2005, 01:04 PM

yeah, I usually use 3rd or 4th for the street stuff....it's easier on the motor
Old 08-17-2005, 01:17 PM

Tdeal28 is an unknown quantity at this point

my 954 is stock geared and usually I bring 2nd up around 45mph but by time I get a balance point I am going 60-70mph.....(too fast)....

is it just b/c the bike still is geared stock or do I need to clutch the living hell out of it at 30mph???
Old 08-17-2005, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tdeal28
my 954 is stock geared and usually I bring 2nd up around 45mph but by time I get a balance point I am going 60-70mph.....(too fast)....

is it just b/c the bike still is geared stock or do I need to clutch the living hell out of it at 30mph???
get it up higher, faster, you won't gain any speed, and might even slow it down!!!!

Even when I had front fairing and speedo, my arms were extended and I still couldn't look down, I tried a few times too. How tall are you, I'm only 5'11".
I could understand that you could see the speedo if you were shorter or you had the windscreen close to your chest????
Old 08-17-2005, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tdeal28

You should never have to "cluctch the living hell out of it" unless yo want to bring it up at faster speeds. With stock gears at 30mph a moderate amount of clutch with the right bounce technique should bring you right up to BP at around 45-50 mph

practice practice practice
Old 08-17-2005, 01:48 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
get it up higher, faster, you won't gain any speed, and might even slow it down!!!!

Even when I had front fairing and speedo, my arms were extended and I still couldn't look down, I tried a few times too. How tall are you, I'm only 5'11".
I could understand that you could see the speedo if you were shorter or you had the windscreen close to your chest????
i'm 6ft... my arms are straight and i lay back.. staggared, can read speedo jus fine... just tilt your head a little.. and if u're gaining 30mph tryin to balance it..stop bein choppy.. clutch it, catch it with brake..stay into the gas.. then release the brake when it's balanced..waaa laaa.. not super high speed anymore... and z unit is just tryin to be a tough guy, he's captain engine brake
Old 08-17-2005, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
i'm 6ft... my arms are straight and i lay back.. staggared, can read speedo jus fine... just tilt your head a little.. and if u're gaining 30mph tryin to balance it..stop bein choppy.. clutch it, catch it with brake..stay into the gas.. then release the brake when it's balanced..waaa laaa.. not super high speed anymore... and z unit is just tryin to be a tough guy, he's captain engine brake
I guess my windscreen covered more up on my 600RR, I would extend my arms all the way back, staggered stould sance, and would start to bend my knees to try to see but couldn't see it, even after I cut my upper and windscreen I couldn't, but my windscreen is blacked out, you looking thru yours???
Old 08-17-2005, 02:06 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

all bikes are different guys. Busas are really bad, im 6'2" and could barely see the speedo just riding normal!! lol

2nd/3rd = Highway @ 45-65 for me.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:40 AM

just curious why anyone is looking at the speedo in the middle of a wheelie anyway. i look when I put it down for curiosity, but no other reason really. Worried about speeding?
Old 08-18-2005, 09:27 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by dudeman47
just curious why anyone is looking at the speedo in the middle of a wheelie anyway. i look when I put it down for curiosity, but no other reason really. Worried about speeding?
Its a good way to determine how long you have before those cars 1/4 mile back will catch up to you.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by john LegionST
In SECOND gear?!?! trying to pop that motor quick huh?!?!

We rock out on the geared bikes in 4th, 5th, or sometimes 6th depending on traffic, what we're doing (spreaders, combos, regular wheelies, etc) and just try to stay near the same speed as the slower traffic.

nope not at all...im jsut used to engien brake..so 2nd at liek 9 grand is alto better than 4-5 at 5 grand...lol i used 3-4 for stand ups and shyt, but as far as combos spreaders, etc go i use 2nd....i cant do whyt with no EB....lol
Old 08-18-2005, 10:41 AM

my ? is why the ****, and how the **** do u get a mildly geared 1000 up in 5th, and y u wud wanan do a spreader liek that...
Old 08-18-2005, 10:59 AM

my ? is why the ****, and how the **** do u get a mildly geared 1000 up in 5th, and y u wud wanan do a spreader liek that...
who is that directed at??? but to answer it, you wouldn't and shouldn't unless you have a handbrake... then you could bring it up standup, then jump to the tank, that's how! that is also how i use the 600 fo the streets cause they wont come up on the tank at anything over 30 mph...

oh and the only reason i don't like to rev the motor for more EB is to save the motor, if you keep the revs down they last a long time!!! Another + for the HB!!!

Last edited by John LegionST; 08-18-2005 at 11:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Wheelie Speed