Is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 03:22 AM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person
Is this possible?

Here's what I want to do for the beginning of my stunt video..

Close ups on the helmet and gloves and **** and then busting out of an enclosed trailer at 50mph doing a powerslide into a uturn and clutching up a 1st gear whelie and revving it out into rev limiter a coaster past the car again.

Everything is pretty straight forward except jumping off a trailer at 50mph with all the momentum going the opposite direction, is it possible to do this without wrecking coming off the trailer?
Old 08-15-2005, 03:43 AM
What!

Uncle. is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Is this possible?

I think the pic says it all realy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	smartchart.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	149134  
Old 08-15-2005, 03:52 AM
TheShirtCave.com

DerekLee is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL!!! That's some funny ****...

Your opening scene would be: trailer opens, bike comes out, then a backflip to FACEPLANT.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:17 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Well either way it'll make for good footage!

Might even make it into the next Judgement Day!
Old 08-15-2005, 04:20 AM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

Hey I'm just asking... if not I'll figure out a way to cut it like we're moving and do seperate scenes. I still like the idea.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:26 AM

johnnyrotten is an unknown quantity at this point

hey is it possible to put my motor in my bike backwards parachute out of an air plane land on water do a wheelie into a stoppie? Jesus H Christ are you serious, that **** works with cars and the tires smoke to **** and axels snap, you go crazy on that stunt be sure to do it while running from the cops i want to see that **** on spike tv s worlds wildest police videos.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:37 AM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

Originally Posted by johnnyrotten
hey is it possible to put my motor in my bike backwards parachute out of an air plane land on water do a wheelie into a stoppie? Jesus H Christ are you serious, that **** works with cars and the tires smoke to **** and axels snap, you go crazy on that stunt be sure to do it while running from the cops i want to see that **** on spike tv s worlds wildest police videos.
That's why I was asking about it, I don't know **** about physics.

I've always wanted to do it though, it shoudl be pretty simple if I edit it right. Just do a close up shot jumping out of the trailer going 5mph, then ride the opposite direction of the car going fast and turn around.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:47 AM

s4m222 is an unknown quantity at this point

might be more feasible if you somehow could jump of a trailer in the same direction its moving... but to come out of a trailer in the opposite direction of travel would be weird...

technically say the trailer is going forward @ 50... so if you shoot out of it @ 50 when you hit the ground wouldnt you be @ 0 MPH?

try it with a fiddy or something cheap going like 20 mphs trailer and 20 mph bike..

haha but sounds like ALOT of work...

maybe its just better to go of the trailer when its stationary... that would be easier...
Old 08-15-2005, 04:53 AM

johnnyrotten is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes 0 would be your mileage, you may be able to have the truck running at about 5 or 10 mph and jump out at 50 or so, if you try with a 50 id try 5 mph trailer 20 or so fitty, hold the hell on though cause itll jerk the **** outta you.that is just an idea how bout you jump outta the trailer not moving have som film freak edit it to where the truck is moving, i dont know but you have to go faster than the truck and iam sure you will have to practice at low speeds 1 st50 trailer and 100 motorcycle you wouldnt be able to hold it.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:55 AM

Nick Apex is a decent person

With your lack of understanding concerning physics, math, and common sense. I would urge you to NOT pick up a camera for a year or two. If you ever wondered how "You gotta see this" gets video clips..........
Old 08-15-2005, 04:56 AM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

I don't know exactly how the bike would react, like I said I'm not good with physics.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by s4m222
might be more feasible if you somehow could jump of a trailer in the same direction its moving... but to come out of a trailer in the opposite direction of travel would be weird...

technically say the trailer is going forward @ 50... so if you shoot out of it @ 50 when you hit the ground wouldnt you be @ 0 MPH?

Well in short..... no
Old 08-15-2005, 04:58 AM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
With your lack of understanding concerning physics, math, and common sense. I would urge you to NOT pick up a camera for a year or two. If you ever wondered how "You gotta see this" gets video clips..........
I have common sense, I've never done anything stupid, and I never said I'd be doing it either, I can't do a rev limiter coaster now can I?

I could edit it so it looks like I'm moving thats no problem. I'm trying to do an intro as good as the one on that french stunt video.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by FHL
I don't know exactly how the bike would react, like I said I'm not good with physics.

Hahah please use the word "stuff" and not physics, I understand you're just asking a questions, but I spent money on school where that word had meaning. Put it this way, next time you have an idea like this, ramp a treadmill up to its maximum speed then jump on it facing backwards and try and run. When you come to, realize that you know how to run backwards, but you have NEVER been on a bike rolling backwards for A: distance B: at speed C: out of a MOVING object, please dont hurt yourself.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:08 AM
What!

Uncle. is an unknown quantity at this point

Hahah please use the word "stuff" and not physics, I understand you're just asking a questions, but I spent money on school where that word had meaning. Put it this way, next time you have an idea like this, ramp a treadmill up to its maximum speed then jump on it facing backwards and try and run. When you come to, realize that you know how to run backwards, but you have NEVER been on a bike rolling backwards for A: distance B: at speed C: out of a MOVING object, please dont hurt yourself.
Now that is funny as hell
Old 08-15-2005, 05:43 AM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

Uh it's still physics, just because you paid to learn about it doesn't mean you get to tell people not to use a word that's correctly used in context.

If i knew as much about physics as you chances are I'd own a 636 too, and be a thousandaire... I'd legally change my name to nick moneybags and announce my presence every time I pass through a doorway.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:48 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by FHL
If i knew as much about physics as you chances are I'd own a 636 too, and be a thousandaire... I'd legally change my name to nick moneybags and announce my presence every time I pass through a doorway.

not
Old 08-15-2005, 05:49 AM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

Originally Posted by inolen

not
um was it supposed to be funny...... i'd love to be a thousandaire......
Old 08-15-2005, 05:53 AM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

scratch the idea of a trailer i'll just sneak into a warehouse get my bike up to 100 and blast through the garage door, if i go fast enough it'll break like cardboard.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by FHL
Uh it's still physics, just because you paid to learn about it doesn't mean you get to tell people not to use a word that's correctly used in context.

You're right I was being a ****, but I dont own a 636, I am a thousandaire, and I would like to be referred to nick moneybags from now on, seriously, do you know how much *** one could pull if people were up on you with Mr. Moneybags? But really, you're not using it in context, that's like saying "I like cereal yum yum good" then telling me you're speaking about cooking. And I paid all that money to be able to say that. I'm honestly not trying to be adversarial, we just have the don't let cops on the property rule.