Anyone warp their rear brake pads?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 01:11 AM

skidmark is a decent person
Anyone warp their rear brake pads?

just did this today... I was riding streets today so I guess I was going pretty far (slow). Anyone have a way to prevent this? or should I just not give my rear brake so much love...
My rear rotor has cracks in a few of the vent holes too, I guess from excessive heat. I have a backup one, should swap them or just keep the same one?

and the only pic of my skills follows LOL
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pads1.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	148510   Click image for larger version

Name:	pads2.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	148511  
Old 08-09-2005, 01:14 AM

Re: Anyone warp their rear brake pads?

nap time (tossed it good too)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bushes1.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	148512  
Old 08-09-2005, 04:22 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person

Deffinately lay off the brake and change that rotor. You don't want to be on that thing when it comes apart.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:10 AM

John LegionST is a decent person

Yeah, you are relying too much on the rear brake and not enough of throttle control. It's a common mistake when people are learning faster street stuff using the brake. Keep working on it, you have it soon! and yes, swap out that rotor, find another spare cause you might toast this new one too.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:29 AM
wheres all the fat girls

martino is a decent person

yea another thing that can happen when your on the brake too much is it'll fail altogether from overheated fluid.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by martino
yea another thing that can happen when your on the brake too much is it'll fail altogether from overheated fluid.
I was thinking about that too... I'm gonna change the fluid today and definetly try to lay off the brake. I'm usually good at it but I was just riding it close to the bar yesterday for a long time so i'm sure that's what cooked it.

Is there any way to get a dual piston GSXR caliper on the F4i? it seems like that one wouldn't warp the same cus it has equal pressure from both sides...
Old 08-09-2005, 12:40 PM

UNIDENTIFIED is an unknown quantity at this point

nukka i got deep *** rusted ****ign grooves on my rotor from riding them *****es steel on steel man
Old 08-09-2005, 01:01 PM
wheres all the fat girls

martino is a decent person

Originally Posted by skidmark
I was thinking about that too... I'm gonna change the fluid today and definetly try to lay off the brake. I'm usually good at it but I was just riding it close to the bar yesterday for a long time so i'm sure that's what cooked it.

Is there any way to get a dual piston GSXR caliper on the F4i? it seems like that one wouldn't warp the same cus it has equal pressure from both sides...
You know once you get the hang of not riding the brake, you dont overheat it at all, Ive had exactly 2/32" of brake pad for like 2 summers now. Use DOT4 for higher boiling point, its interchangeable with dot3

by the way, I just was in Vancouver last week, its is heaven on earth man, awesome place. Clean city, niec weather, nice people, smokin hot chicks, mountains and stuff. I wish i could afford to live there you lucky b1tch
Old 08-09-2005, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by martino
by the way, I just was in Vancouver last week, its is heaven on earth man, awesome place. Clean city, niec weather, nice people, smokin hot chicks, mountains and stuff. I wish i could afford to live there you lucky b1tch
LOL... ya, I lucked out with that one moving here a long time ago... I've been to so many places all over the world and this is so far #1 (if you can deal with the rain season). On the + side there are tons of spots to ride and cops here don't really know what stunting is yet as far as a sport so when they see us doing slow **** in parking lots or dead-end streets they slow down to watch and they let you ride ... if you're doing it on the streets you'll get in s**t cuz lots of regular guys do their torpedo-man wheelies all over the place, but so far they're cool with the slow stuff (except for the indy track spot and Cypress mtn, the torpedo guys heated those places out big time so security gets in your face, oh well).

got all my new brake stuff on so tonight I'm gonna work on more throttle control instead of heavy brake use... but my last set of pads lasted a while cuz I just did parking lot stuff, so I'll just stay away from the longer/faster street stuff and stick to the lot...