blew a stop sign ticket, then stopped 2 hours later again!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 02:40 AM

el nino is an unknown quantity at this point
blew a stop sign ticket, then stopped 2 hours later again!!!

ok, so im cruising at midnight thru a beach, keekp in mind not a soul in sight. i rolled thru a stop sign and there was a cop in teh lot way back, but little did i know he was on my ***. long story short there was some slick surface and i hit teh gas to do a lil burnout. he IMMEDIATELY stopped me. long story short he got me for that. it was midnight, dark as fu ck. i'm gonna fight it and say i never been there, blah blah blah, and i was following someone and it was dark.

to make things better. i was going home with a friend and doing woolies on this connector, we get off of it and a statie pulls us over. he says "who was doing wheelies... come on guys honesty will get you anywhere." at this point i was tired of dealing with cops so i said "you know what i wont sit here and lie to you, it was me." he says "if you have licenses your free to go." so he said "KNOCK IT OFF." and let us go. i was scared like a lil ***** for a minute haha

so what would you do about the blowing stop sign thing?
Old 08-04-2005, 03:37 AM
Regular StuntLifer

pineapple is a decent person
Re: blew a stop sign ticket, then stopped 2 hours later again!!!

take it to court.... fight that ****.... an you will get probation... or something.... just get a lawyer they work for me... every time..
Old 08-04-2005, 12:00 PM

BMoneyCartel is an unknown quantity at this point

Plead not guilty and next time don't roll the stop sign.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:39 PM
Scrape and keep going...

not_me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pineapple
take it to court.... fight that ****.... an you will get probation... or something.... just get a lawyer they work for me... every time..
I never heard of someone getting probation for rolling a stop sign unless there was a accident because of it.

Legally, when on a motorcycle you have to have a foot on the ground to be considered a full stop. Because you cannot come to a full stop without falling over.

This is all BS anyway, go to court and fight it. You don't need a lawyer to get a reduced sentence and/or fully dropped.

Camo Mike

Sorry I missed riding with you the other night, Greenwich is not a place for rocking out.... The connector has been ugly lately with pooper troopers. Better off making a pass first before bringing it up...
Old 08-04-2005, 01:45 PM
Red
I'm baaaaack!!

Red is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to all

Don't roll thru stop signs and you won't have to worry about what to do when you get a ticket. If you do it, man up and take responsibility.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:10 PM
Super-Thread-editor

Erik will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by not_me

Legally, when on a motorcycle you have to have a foot on the ground to be considered a full stop. Because you cannot come to a full stop without falling over.

You can if you have decent balance.

On topic: If it was dark, who's to say you didn't put the opposite foot down, he couldn't see through you, the bike, etc.. in an unlight situation you got it won. Unless he was directly infront or behind you, no way he could prove it unless of course there's video.

Defending his position on rolling through a stop sign, was this an obvious you didn't slow down roll through, or did you slow down to right before you'd stop, and go? I honestly keep my feet up 95% of the time at lights and stop-signs.

Last edited by Erik; 08-04-2005 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:32 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

I can make a complete stop depending on the bike for up to 3 seconds. You just have to be able to balance the bike and keep the front wheel moving.

Either way being a stunter makes it that much easier to get BS tickets so try to ride as legal as possible. Stay at or under the speed limit, make full stops, don't run yellow lights, signal every turn, and cops will have less of a reason to pull you over for stupid **** like mirrors etc.

I've been riding for 2 years now and I've never been pulled over for a moving violation.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:05 AM

Nick_R6_OMC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rahrahf2
I can make a complete stop depending on the bike for up to 3 seconds. You just have to be able to balance the bike and keep the front wheel moving.

do u even listen or read what u say?.....complete stop.....and keep the front wheel moving....now correct me if i am wrong...but physics dont allow a complete stop and to still have a wheel in motion....(unless you are at 12 )....then that front wheel can be spinning at 100mph.....

but yeah i am like erik...i will stop at stop signs, not put my feet down and never roll thru one....balance is a good thing...
Old 08-05-2005, 09:41 AM

Jayseal22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you have priors? did the cop hit the lights at all for the wheelies you did? Did the cop hit the lights for the stop sign whlie you did it or after. When the lights come on its usualy camera time. You cant fight the camera. and if you have
Old 08-05-2005, 10:00 AM
Scrape and keep going...

Erik, you quoted me and you didn't even read what I posted.... Dam, I won't even get into it.....

Nino

I forgot to mention that you are dam lucky on the highway. Troopers aren't messing around this year and are using the cameras on I95 to track down bikes so be careful. My boy got pulled over and they said they had him on camera (street light mounted cameras, we don't have in car cameras) and when he got pulled from jail his friends let me know about their command center that is tapped into the feed.

Big brother can kiss it......

Camo Mike
Old 08-05-2005, 11:50 AM
FHL

FHL is a decent person

Originally Posted by Nick_R6_OMC
do u even listen or read what u say?.....complete stop.....and keep the front wheel moving....now correct me if i am wrong...but physics dont allow a complete stop and to still have a wheel in motion....(unless you are at 12 )....then that front wheel can be spinning at 100mph.....

but yeah i am like erik...i will stop at stop signs, not put my feet down and never roll thru one....balance is a good thing...

Uh side to side jackass. The bike doesn't roll forward I just move the handlebars side to side to balance.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:55 AM

rurik can only hope to improve

haha......... damn these noobs are dumb.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:21 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by not_me
Erik, you quoted me and you didn't even read what I posted.... Dam, I won't even get into it.....

Nino

I forgot to mention that you are dam lucky on the highway. Troopers aren't messing around this year and are using the cameras on I95 to track down bikes so be careful. My boy got pulled over and they said they had him on camera (street light mounted cameras, we don't have in car cameras) and when he got pulled from jail his friends let me know about their command center that is tapped into the feed.

Big brother can kiss it......

Camo Mike
Be careful with what the cops are telling you guys...Cops will tell you they have you on camera, they can trace your phone calls to tell where you were at, they can do DNA printing and hair follicle analysis from your helmet--all a LIE to get you to break.

I've learned not to talk to them--it just pisses them off when you don't say anything because its making their jobs pointless. Lawyers are on our side.

Good luck nino
Old 08-05-2005, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by rahrahf2
Uh side to side jackass. The bike doesn't roll forward I just move the handlebars side to side to balance.

i'm callin ....post up a video...u need just that lil bit of forward momentum....let's see a vid and then you proved me wrong
Old 08-05-2005, 02:06 PM
Scrape and keep going...

We all know cops lie, what I post is truth, especially when I LIVE HERE. You can tune in to local weather channels and get the feed on your TV. Staties have tied into the same feed, from what my friend said because he was IN THEIR COMMAND CENTER at the station in Bridgeport. Delayed Vid Feeds of I95

I don't spread BS. I don't think they will produce a vid though but they had a cop waiting for him on the highway and he flagged my boy down. I didn't think the camera story was true either but my friend confirmed that they have monitors that tie in to all cameras up I95. I have someone double checking that works on the force.

If you are gonna comment about something, please make sure you know what you are talking about... Especially when it comes down to local laws/police tactics and you don't live here.

Camo Mike
Old 08-05-2005, 03:53 PM

HurricaneF2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nick_R6_OMC
i'm callin ....post up a video...u need just that lil bit of forward momentum....let's see a vid and then you proved me wrong

i dont like that kid so i hate to defend him, but youre the idiot here. if you have good balance you can sit on your bike and balance it without moving at all. its hard to do it for more than a few seconds, but i make complete stops at signs and take off without putting me feet down. you have to turn the front wheel to steady the bike when its at a stop,go out and try it, not that hard. have you ever seen trials riding? if you dont know what that is google it and youll see.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:22 PM

blah blah...im not gonna argue that...you're the tool...i do that all the time...he was talking about something completely different....
Old 08-05-2005, 10:05 PM

HurricaneF2 is an unknown quantity at this point

fill me in then, looked like you were the one who misunderstood
Old 08-06-2005, 12:36 AM

shystie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GSXR-Red
Don't roll thru stop signs and you won't have to worry about what to do when you get a ticket. If you do it, man up and take responsibility.
exactly...these punks who come on message boards crying why a cop gave them a ticket for breaking a traffic law...be a man and accept the fact you ****ed up and don't do it again...you turd