Large Scale Tokyo Japan Stunt Event

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 11:14 PM

tokyojrock is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Large Scale Tokyo Japan Stunt Event

I will be headed to Cali soon to discuss this with some companies there. For those of you that would like to set up a meeting in Cali as well, let me know! All others please contact me via email, chat, or phone.

And judging from the emails I have received from folks on this forum this event is going to be f***in amazing! Sorry for the language! haha
Old 07-23-2005, 11:44 PM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Robbie can only hope to improve

subscribed
Old 07-24-2005, 12:41 AM

TheLot is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got into this sport with about 4 moths of actual stunting. I am by all means nowhere near most of you guys. I am still learning O's for gods sake!! BUT I have such a passion for the sport and its ability to become a professional game that come spring of 2006, I will promise all of you will know who I am. I have such a hunger to be incredible and all my spare time is dedicated to this sport. So when this opportunity is given, I will be there for sure!!
Old 07-24-2005, 12:52 AM

Another question for everyone, if large sums of money are offered for placing in the top 3 or 5 then do you think a entry fee is justified? Or if we can coordinate that the entered riders pay for thier own air fare or their own shipment of thier respect motorcycles (ofcourse at the discounted prices) then the entry would be waived?

Because obviously a rider from NY, France, etc....we would have to pay more to ship thier bike and pay thier air fare versus someone in California per say.

And we will have Japnese riders too so thier cost is dramatically lower than others....

Any thoughts??
Old 07-24-2005, 02:07 AM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Robbie can only hope to improve

Entry fee's are $20 here in the States.
What kind of entry fee are you talking about. Hundreds or thousands?
What are large payouts to you, money wise?

Last edited by Robbie; 07-24-2005 at 02:09 AM.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:29 AM

Enties are relative to the payouts usually...but I don't think we will do the entry fees for those coming from outside Japan, just have the inviduals support some of thier own expenses.

And the payouts.....example Best Individual Rider $5000 USD.
With all catagories top 3 or 5 will receive payout pending the total of the riders attending. And individual awards also. I.E. Best Trick, longest endo, etc.

Remember the sport can only rise if the standards do to. That is why we must expect more. I assure everyone this will be well worth it. Additionally just to get the venue we need costs over $75,000 USD per day! And this opportunity will lead to bigger and better things for all.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:37 AM

We have to secure an indoor site as to ensure the weather conditions do not effect the event. That is a huge cost in itself.

I hope that the sponsors for some of the teams and riders will support their guys with monetary funding for the trip. I assure them that the media coverage alone will be well worth it to them as well.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:15 PM
El Mas Puto Del Lugar

GeRiGiXXeR600 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Kaneone
done confuse me with the gangsta balla from nor cal....

i am definately not rich in any way shape or form....

for every car stereo speaker or bit of chrome he has on his ride.. i have scratches and dents on mine...

im.. BROKE!

-kane
sorry for my comment Kane it sounds a little bit hater but it wasn't a maliciously comment. Def Darius is rich (or seems like he is) but if u sau u aren't there's no more to talkin about
Old 07-24-2005, 09:42 PM

For those of you with inquiring sponsors for media attention. So far we have, 7 Japanese magazines have confirmed coverage, a Japanese TV Station, I have also feilded questions from 3 major US mags and 2 European that are planning to attend when confirmation is set.

Anyone know somebody at Spike TV, ESPN, etc??
Old 07-25-2005, 09:52 AM

robert929lewis is an unknown quantity at this point

When you say indoor event what type of surface are you talking about? Polished concrete won't work. They tried that in Houston and it limited some of the "best" the XSBA had to offer. But on another note I spent 7 yrs in Japan in Chiba, Machida, and the Mt.Takao area. Four in the Military and two roadracing and one in rehabilitation for a leg/foot injury. Those that make the trip, not that I know it all, but don't take your girl's with you, unless you have no choice. That's like taking sand to the beach and I know you get what I'm sayin'...........Late.............Free C...............Major without a Major...............S.U.C.............For life.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:45 PM

Are you familiar with the Saitama Super Arena? That is our first choice. They said they can accomodate it. Thanks for the heads up on the surface I will look into it and change the venue preferance if it cannot conform to this.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:11 PM

Details are coming together on this everyone! We are looking at Late March 2006!
Old 08-04-2005, 11:40 PM

robert929lewis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tokyojrock
Are you familiar with the Saitama Super Arena? That is our first choice. They said they can accomodate it. Thanks for the heads up on the surface I will look into it and change the venue preferance if it cannot conform to this.
I'm not familiar with the Saitama Super Arena. I remember where Saitama is, but it's been 10 years since I was there, but that is a great area. You need to school these boyz on the Japanese hospitality for foreigners...<sp<... I sometimes wish I had never come back over here...........Sometimes.... Late
Free C..........Major without a Major.........S.U.C........For life.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by robert929lewis
I'm not familiar with the Saitama Super Arena. I remember where Saitama is, but it's been 10 years since I was there, but that is a great area. You need to school these boyz on the Japanese hospitality for foreigners...<sp<... I sometimes wish I had never come back over here...........Sometimes....
Once it comes together and everyone is slated to come I will advise them on the "rules" of Japan. And remind them that any good or bad actions will directly represent the entire US population. Honor, courtesy, and respect are big issues here. Jason Britton is already well versed...he is a complete gentlemen! The Japanese fans loved him! Or we can just get a van...drop everyone off in Roppongi and see who makes it back for the event. HAHA

Just to be safe we will have to set some guidelines I am sure.....I don't want anyone getting in to trouble while they are here.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:42 AM

MATT L is a decent person

This definately sounds like a promising event, but like robert929lewis mentioned, there has been a few indoor events here in the states lately that was combined with the FMX tour and from what i heard, every one of them was on a really slick surface, and took alot away from the show due to that...And if your wanting to include a longest endo comp., that is really going to be an issue...But again, this sounds like a great opportunity, so props to you for getting involved
Old 08-05-2005, 02:26 AM
STUNTING FOR HEP C!!!!

Squirrel_12 is an unknown quantity at this point

put felony down

we'll find a way
Old 08-05-2005, 06:55 AM

Thanks for the inputs....well we have decided to pray for good weather we will hold an outdoor event because the arenas all have bad surface for this.....we might end up doing this at a famous Japanese race track like Tsukuba, Suzuka, or Motegi!
Old 08-05-2005, 07:48 AM

Dutch boy is an unknown quantity at this point

tokyojrock

your email is not working.

I pm't you with som e questions.

-Jeremy
Old 08-05-2005, 08:11 AM

Email is good... jstyle@j-styleinc.com or info@j-styleinc.com
Old 08-05-2005, 08:41 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Sounds like a good plan man. Hope things shape up.. I lived in Yokosuka for 3yrs and having an event in Tokyo would be amazing. Trust me if I was good enough I'd be all over this

Quick Reply: Large Scale Tokyo Japan Stunt Event