FMF Exhausts - Shorty cans!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 12:39 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: FMF Exhausts - Shorty cans!!

Originally Posted by Kaneone
If your not using you top end... might need to rethink your riding!!

i know i frequent the rev limiter, in my eyes theres no other way to it than a sick fast high reving HC scrape!!

but i agree a full system designed to give us a little more low end grunt would be nice!!

PROBLEM: they just designed shorty cans... FOR JUST THAT!! and people are already crying why waste their time with full systems if the shorties dont sell!!

and the titanium advantage is ridiculous.. their Steel is still an awesome product but the titanium is a completely different design! much high build quaility.

fact is exactly like thomas said.. while stunters might be poor bastards.. the majority of riders are not! and the majority of the new stunters arent either and want only the best!!

I know folks who buy bikes and drop over a 1k "stunting" them out before they even ride em.. Welcome to Socal!!

FMF... much love !

-kane

Kane, you kinda sound offended that people are saying they dont wanna spend 200$ rather than 30$.........what dont you get about that?
Old 07-23-2005, 02:51 AM

Suicidal Antics is an unknown quantity at this point

The problem with dynoing these cans is this. Do you honestly think that a company such as the Flying Machine Factory would make a can, dyno it, realize it only put out a minute amount of hp compared to stock, was much louder, and allow the public to see this dynos?

Exhaust companies doctor their dyno sheets all the time. Take a look at dirtbike dyno slips... Hell even the manufacturers of the bike, boost the HP number.

In my opinion, cans made for stunting, should be quiet, and short. Hell, make them real short, it'll use less material, and be cheaper to make. Make them out of aluminum..its fairly cheap.

Personally i wouldnt buy one if it was over 100$ which of course they will be. I can go to the salvage yard, get a nice Erion can with some rash on it, shorten it (which in turn, i cut the rashed piece off), redrill it, and have a nice clean looking shorty to stunt with, all for 20$ (thats what i got my erion can for anyway)...

I just cant justify spending alot of money on something that im going to beat the hell out of. Im far from being a "good" stunter, so stuff happens.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:12 AM

truestunna is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it all boils down to the fact most peoples stunt bikes on here aren't for show, they get crashed and ****ed up. I hate to say it because it's great the somebody out there is showing support for the sport but there's no real big market for these. Look at the majority of stunters out there where the real market is, most buy salvage bikes or crashed bikes for cheap and just through the essentials on there to get them stuntable. Most are a younger crowd that barely can scrap to get a stuntbike. They're not gonna be looking at blowing another few hundo on something that doesn't do much for them. Also consider how many riders out there really even need a shortened can, some but not the majority. Basically the market is gonna be for highend riders that do shows and like having a presentable stunt bike, and the posers out there that will buy them just to look cool, other than that you'll get a few riders that have the money to waste and don't care but that's about it. I have the money but still wouldn't really consider buying one, my 929 gets ridin in a parking lot 90% of the time, i'm not really concerned enough with how it looks to blow a few hundred on an exhaust, i got my two brothers off ebay for $50 with some rash and just chopped it down, works for me and that's probably good enough for 99% of the riders out there. Like the other guy said the only product that will really make it big are essentails, sprockets, hand brakes, cages...... things that people truely need.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:49 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Originally Posted by LivingCanvas
Kane, you kinda sound offended that people are saying they dont wanna spend 200$ rather than 30$.........what dont you get about that?
no not offended....

everyones allowed an opinion...

dont read into internet threads to much.. there is no inflextion! you can never tell what the other person was really thinking!

-kane
Old 07-23-2005, 12:29 PM

UNIDENTIFIED is an unknown quantity at this point

i also think its not gonna catch, for the reason of price and price alone. nobody wants to drop 350 for somthign that will be broke in a short period of time. espessialy when you dont even need it. IMO i think the only ones to actually buy those are guys doing shows with minty stuntbikes. and there arnt manny of them out there. this is just my opinion
Old 07-23-2005, 01:58 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

i think its good that a company is looking after our needs.. Get sponcered by a distributer, and you will get it for free. Its not about how much it costs us, because we dont spend a dime on most of our **** anyway, its about the pretty boy squids with their shinny rr's and full icon getup that will spend 200 bucks so that people will think they can stunt.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:06 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

WHether or not 100 broke *** ****** on stuntlife said it's a bad idea and to expensive, doesn't mean that the rest of the world won't buy them.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:32 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

I can write an article about it on our bigest national moto portal www.motori.hr and see what ppl say, and how they react, but there aren't many stunters over here...actualy you have to look hard to find one, haha

so Kane if you have some more info on this subject pm me or post it up so I can write it...
Old 07-24-2005, 04:12 PM

Jessica Maine is a decent person

Originally Posted by keeth
But you can buy a Canon 20D???!!! And drive from Texas to Laguna at $2.50 a gallon, sounds like you are confused...

I'm sure shorty can will start popping up on all types of stuff!!!
the drive from Texas to Cali for a birthday present from my parents..
as well as some help to buying the camera for my bday too..
its called financing... *****!
Old 07-24-2005, 05:29 PM

jdridin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
i think its good that a company is looking after our needs.. Get sponcered by a distributer, and you will get it for free. Its not about how much it costs us, because we dont spend a dime on most of our **** anyway, its about the pretty boy squids with their shinny rr's and full icon getup that will spend 200 bucks so that people will think they can stunt.

EXACTLY IM GLAD SOMEONE GETS THE POINT. Idiots dont you realize that there are millions of people that see us on our bikes on the highways or parking lots and just want to buy the stuff, so they can look like they stunt. There are tons of those people.

Hell have fmf start producing them and when the squids buy them and crash, buy there rashed up fmf pipe from them. Hell you know there fixin to go buy a brand new one cause they dont want there stunt piece LOL to be looking like our pieces of ****.

Peace Justin
Old 07-27-2005, 02:55 PM
Regular StuntLifer

jaxen112 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got mines, havent installed it yet but it looks damn good.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:22 PM

keeth is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to hear your pipe arrived
Old 07-28-2005, 01:14 AM

MORIYM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jason Britton
I have personally tested these cans for a couple weeks now and the biggest advantage to me is the smooth power delivery in the mid range that seems to be non existent when you shorten a can on the 600s. Their design was specific to function, short enough to clear for stunting and still deliver very smooth power. They may not be for everyone but atleast we have yet another company out there looking out for our needs and supporting our sport.
The most well spoken person in STUNTING telling it like it is...Thank You.