Balance Point and Beyond

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 07:07 PM

njssli22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Balance Point and Beyond

Got my bike back finally..

Day Two of first gear, clutched sit down wheelies done the correct way. Well I got my hands on a video camera and had someone video tape a few of my beauties..I can pretty consistantly get them up, I can judge the engine pretty well so I can pull it up fairly quickly..The way I feel it, there are two stages to a sit down wheelie.. the UP, and the BACK.. Once you stop goin up, you start goin back and thats when your entering into the balance point and it just so happens thats when you feel like your gonna be on your ***.

My question..Once i first start goin BACK, how much further until I start eating ****? Cause that is the most initimidating part.. Also, how do you enter the balance point, cause as soon as i let off the gas just a lil, i slam forward due to engine braking..

:YEAH
Old 07-02-2005, 10:24 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold
Re: Balance Point and Beyond

if as soon as u let off, either you are in high rpms, and engine brake pulls you down, or you'r enot up high enough and gravity pulls you down, stay on brake, and do stand ups, sit downs are for *****es or pro's.... learn standups, and bp constantly, and then start leanin on the brake. lets see this vid
Old 07-02-2005, 10:29 PM

f4stunna is a decent person

is your idle up as well? that would help if it isnt. and when you hit your tail thats how far you have to go
Old 07-02-2005, 10:38 PM

njssli22 is an unknown quantity at this point

lol, i took the vid on my lunch break at work... I'll post em tonight after I practice.... late prob like 3am..I hope to have some more vid by then too.. No my idle isnt up.. I'm nowhere near hitting my tail, although **** me it feels like i am..

Im starting them pretty slow.. around 15mph..engine breaking is killer, its prob a mix btwn both engine and gravity.. in the video im still about what looks to be like a foot away from BP..keep the tips comin.. thanks
Old 07-02-2005, 11:16 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

the reason why ur slammnig down is cuz ur new and dont have any throttle control...sorry dont worry i didnt either...when in the bp u shud be moving ur ur throttle hand liek 1/16 of an inche...barley movin that thing..and when u do let off a tiny bit it shud stay where it is or only come down an inch or 2...work on being smooth, and with smoothness coems height.