Did 2 large circles today...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 02:05 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future
Did 2 large circles today...

Felt real good today--I used my left foot on the seat (very controllable!) and worked 2 large cirlces today--I'd say less than 50 foot in diameter. I felt like I was really hanging off the bike but I kept on top of it the whole way--no highsides/lowsides. I'd like to tighten them up--any suggestions? I think I need a smaller lot to force me to tighten up. Anybody else learn this way? (Big circles-->tight small circles) It's fun but tiring as hell!!
Old 06-13-2005, 02:59 AM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold
Re: Did 2 large circles today...

nice man, keep it up
Old 06-13-2005, 07:41 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by R1Alvin
Felt real good today--I used my left foot on the seat (very controllable!) and worked 2 large cirlces today--I'd say less than 50 foot in diameter. I felt like I was really hanging off the bike but I kept on top of it the whole way--no highsides/lowsides. I'd like to tighten them up--any suggestions? I think I need a smaller lot to force me to tighten up. Anybody else learn this way? (Big circles-->tight small circles) It's fun but tiring as hell!!
props,

I learned slow stuff with limited space / lot. And about tightening circles, try to enter circle behind bp...
Old 06-13-2005, 08:20 AM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh for sure I learned them this way...We call them reconnaisance O's up here....Hell did almost 4 months of that, each time getting tighter and tighter..But you will get to the point where you will have to "dip" it in and thats when the fun starts...I am finding that the key is to stay in the middle of the bike at all times..None of this "outrigging" shiat which is what I was doing..Stay in the center, turning my bars in really seems to cause the bike to fall in..From there it seems lots of small brake input, alot of luck..alot of crashes and you should get em...
Good luck and keep at it...I aint there yet...but on a good day I can bust out about 3 o's with in a parkin spot....
Toughest stunt I have had to learn yet...

Cheers

SK

Old 06-13-2005, 12:42 PM

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SmurfKilla
Oh for sure I learned them this way...We call them reconnaisance O's up here....Hell did almost 4 months of that, each time getting tighter and tighter..But you will get to the point where you will have to "dip" it in and thats when the fun starts...I am finding that the key is to stay in the middle of the bike at all times..None of this "outrigging" shiat which is what I was doing..Stay in the center, turning my bars in really seems to cause the bike to fall in..From there it seems lots of small brake input, alot of luck..alot of crashes and you should get em...
Good luck and keep at it...I aint there yet...but on a good day I can bust out about 3 o's with in a parkin spot....
Toughest stunt I have had to learn yet...

Cheers

SK
Awesome thanks...I hear you on the dipping in...I enter really high too--I found myself on the brink of stalling a few times but it was all good--I'd just let off the brake and let the bike turn--
Old 06-13-2005, 01:08 PM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point

From my experience, reconnaisance circles don't help at all in learning real ones. You just gotta learn to make the bike drop into the circle and go from there.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:02 PM

scootnr6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome thanks...I hear you on the dipping in...I enter really high too--I found myself on the brink of stalling a few times but it was all good--I'd just let off the brake and let the bike turn--
where are you located in va?
Old 06-13-2005, 02:35 PM
florida! finally

Nate-VMC is an unknown quantity at this point

theres a huge differance in spinning circles and TURNing circles....not even the same ballpark...
Old 06-13-2005, 02:45 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

yah big circles are fun and cool...god nows i do them,but doing circles, and doing 0's are comp diff..you cant gradualyl tighten em up you hafta stop doin big 0's and commit and turn it in tight....but keep it up i still do em
Old 06-13-2005, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by scootnr6
where are you located in va?
Va Beach
Old 06-14-2005, 08:57 AM

RUSH. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by f4rider
From my experience, reconnaisance circles don't help at all in learning real ones. You just gotta learn to make the bike drop into the circle and go from there.

I agree! I tried learning by "steering" to the right but I didnt really get them until I just started diggin in right away and I actually got them going left. Steering to the right is alot easier then real circles. just my
Old 06-14-2005, 05:59 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

whne you guys say "dip into the circle" do you mean that you let the front fall inwards, and then give it gas??

or is it, come into the circle behind BP, let the front fall in, let the front down a lil bit, and gas it?

I feel like i'm just steering circles on my bicycle, I'd like to try some really tight ones, i just don't know where to begin
Old 06-14-2005, 10:30 PM

zx636skiv is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Alvin...sounds like you've been busy!

Gee...wish I had someplace to practice...I went by the the VB spot and saw some real big no trespassing signs...dammit.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:38 PM

FerstlerSlim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GundamnitPete
whne you guys say "dip into the circle" do you mean that you let the front fall inwards, and then give it gas??
or is it, come into the circle behind BP, let the front fall in, let the front down a lil bit, and gas it?
I feel like i'm just steering circles on my bicycle, I'd like to try some really tight ones, i just don't know where to begin
I'm in the same boat as you Pete. I can now ride the 12 forever, steer it pretty well, and scrape whenever i please. I have no idea how to initiate a circle. Just let the bike begin to fall, then get back into the throttle?

Dave
Old 04-30-2006, 11:44 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by FerstlerSlim
I'm in the same boat as you Pete. I can now ride the 12 forever, steer it pretty well, and scrape whenever i please. I have no idea how to initiate a circle. Just let the bike begin to fall, then get back into the throttle?

Dave

man this thread is a old'en

i got circles locked on most things i ride now, only thing i can think of left to circle is the big bike, so that'll be a good couple months down the road

oh, one tip,i've heard you want the bike high to start the circle.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:00 AM

moorport is a decent person

Keep um big and add more throttle and lean harder!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 01:03 AM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

you will find it works better when you have you body in-line with your bike and not leaning off....but i leaned in too when i was learning them once you get the stall speed down keep your boby in-line with your bike! but good job:YEAH
Old 05-01-2006, 10:32 PM

zx636skiv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kelm
Really? That spot was PIMP!
I think that was before you knew Alvin...this is an old *** thread. Alvin pretty much has circles on lock...and this thread was before he even concidered the 636!!!

Don't worry, Gateway is still there...or it was the other day!!

Quick Reply: Did 2 large circles today...