Rules in the Lot? Consequences suck...

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 02:44 PM
Scrape and keep going...

not_me is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Rules in the Lot? Consequences suck...

Seniority and respect.

One night were were on a long backroad and this noob was rockin 60mph first gear powa woolies. I saw this three or four times and I parked up. As he came screaming by and put it down my boy was like "he is going down" and I said that someone should be grounding him, keep it down and relax a bit. Before I could even get to the street he came flying buy, went all the way to tail and held on ape hanger style for about five seconds. He got ripped up and the bike was rashed/dented bad.

Its a must to tell people to relax if they look out of control. You don't own the lot but if you have sense and they don't step in. Knuckleheads will always ruin your stuff. Knuckleheads also get hurt and die.

I have deep sorrow for his family because that is a loss I could never imagine. I would rather die then see any more death, especially on bikes, not to mention my unborn children. That would devistate me.

Everyone has to step up because the bigger this gets, the bigger the ***** of these kids get and most of them don't know what it is like to go down. When they do, they go down hard.

Please be safe and don't be afraid to tell someone to chill, you may save a life..... If you confront people the right way it will be a win/win situation. Else, kick their *** to teach em somethin or else they are going to the hospital due their own actions with bigger issues to deal with.

Godspeed

Camo Mike
Old 06-06-2005, 05:35 PM

94PORKCHOP is an unknown quantity at this point

that is a shame any way you look at it.you can't always expect people to act resonsible.chances are your always gonna have what i call the knucklehead head factor.there is always one in a crowd.even on the highway if i see somebody acting stupid,i just slow down and let them go.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:56 PM
wheres all the fat girls

martino is a decent person

You know the funny thing about crashes is you can kind of feel them impending. You think man, that guys gonna get f*cked up. I've seen it a ton of times, some guy chopping the throttle or riding sketchy, riding beyond his ability and then boom, you hear that sound of a sportbike scraping across pavement.
It's hard to tell someone they're f*cking up, but I think people are more receptive to critisim than people think. If an experienced stunter tells a newbie, hey don't chop your throttle of you'll end up like joe shmoe.

when the first ambulance rolls up because some squid broke their leg the spot is done.

do everyone a favor and call a cab
Old 06-07-2005, 11:00 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by DUMPSTER
i think telling him what he was doing wrong would have been a good thing, but as far as making up rules thats bs because you dont own the spot who are you to make rules. let me say where i go its kind of nice and i dont tell anybody where its at, hardly anybody goes there but if they do it just takes common sense to know whats going down around you and i know that people out there just shouldnt be riding a bike.

anyways i think that your on the right track when you offer advice and if its endangering you or the stuped people that bring their kids to watch thats when you do what you got to do
Thats why I dont tell many people about the spot so I dont have to lay rules down. Thats why the other spots I know about or find I dont even show nobody that ****. The spot we go to now, I showed like 3 people, I was up riding oneday and 3 people I never met came up there trying to ride power wheelies. The spot is nowhere near big enough for power wheelies... And if you want the place the last, burnouts aint the place for it either.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:26 AM

Lotensin22 can only hope to improve

When I was first getting into wheelies, I took the advice and critism from others well. I mean hey...if the guy I just saw do a spreader tells me power wheelies suck and are dangerous so I should try clutching it, I will. And since I listened, I can actually do wheelies every time I try, no more garbage 2 inchers.

If you tell someone something in their best interest, and they get defensive or butt-hurt, tell them to f*ck off and find a new place to ride.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:53 AM
AuthorityStunts

KROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to behold

people just need to have respect for everyone else, no one wants to have a good day of riding ruined by some idiot who has no common sence. I think the spots need to have rules.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:47 AM

VBSXGRAHAM is an unknown quantity at this point

We had a problem with a couple of lads at our regular haunt, one in particular would come down power wheelieing past the crowd. The dude could take it through the box and wheelie real fast and real long on the motorway but when he started taking libertys on our f*king spot i had to put him straight, he was cool about it and just aswell coz this guy was a prize *****. These people who think they can ride just coz they can pull mad power wheelies need to check reality, if they want to come down to our spot and learn to ride slow wheelies a bit of freestyle riding i welcome it.

I love the old school fast long highway wheelies but keep it for highways, airstrips, dragstrips not car parks you f*kin fruits. Its bad what happened to the guy but imagine what it could have been if he'd took out some little kid just spectating.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:06 AM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

I was watching this video on up on one yesterday, and there's this huge crowd lined up on both sides of a 2 lane road (I'd say 500 people at least), and there's old fat guys in full leather suits (probably have no business doing a wheelie in the first place but want to show off) doing a sit down power wheelie and then standing up, clicking the gears to about 120mph, doing 60mph rolling burnouts, coming in at 70 to pop a stoppie.

What the hell are they thinking? Not only is that increadibly dangerous in itself, but think about what would happen if you looped your bike, or lost control of a burnout, not only would you be in bad shape, but your bike could kill a lot of innocent bystanders that have no idea the lack of skill you possess.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:11 AM

VBSXGRAHAM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by krohnszx6
I think the spots need to have rules.
hear ya. 1 of our rules, Some of our spots we got to ride 1 at a time coz of houses around, anymore than 1 riding on those kinda spots and you get the dude that may not be a hater of what your doing but if hes just pulled a 10 hour night shift and cant sleep on the sunday morning for bike noise he might just pick up the phone and call the cops. One time we had a guy come round to our spot on a sunday morning he says "listen guys im a cop and i aint gonna report ya but i just got off night shift do me a favour" so i said f*k you mate, nah, i respected what he said and we went to another spot. I aint no saint but sometimes you gotta box clever, you know, dont sh*t in your own back yard.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:14 AM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

http://www.uponone.com/videos.php?id=4234

I can't believe how stupid people are to be that close to some guy doing a 100mph power wheelie.

My memory is a little bad, they're only lined up on 1 side.

I think cops need to regulate these kind of activities, instead of people trying to learn to slow wheelie like me in a tiny parking lot.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Scrape and keep going...

not_me is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats why they are politely called "innocent bystanders" because they have no idea what is going on. Just like Hunts Point in NYC, people were racing there for years, and still are, but someone watching always gets hit.

EDIT: Took a minute to DL so I typed previously. Even better to have a guard rail on one side. If anyone goes down, not only pavement hurts but STEEL sucks! My boy shattered his leg after sliding out in sand into one last year. That was a messy day at the hospital....

Camo Mike
Old 06-09-2005, 12:49 PM

swat1 is an unknown quantity at this point

squid or not we all fall down. I'ts just a matter of time.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:18 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

guy sounds like a idiot 2 me .. he probably tried to show off for the young guys and went a lil 2 far hahaah
Old 06-09-2005, 03:09 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

everybody goes down....but the person who is new and trying to stunt is usually going anywhere from 4-25mph if in the lot....they fall and usually get up with a bruises, maybe a broken bone, maybe some road rash, and usually a hurt ego. the person squiding out 90mph 2nd gear power wheelies gets hurt 500000X more in a lot or on the street....

usually this person doesn't care if the "spot" gets shut down, because its their first time there, or they rarely come there, otherwise they would prolly know better from hearing people bash power wheelies or make comments about people riding too fast there.

Soooo laying down the law at the spot might save your PRIVILEGE to be there and/or save them from really getting hurt or hitting and hurting someone else.

We have a legit spot in KC, but are constantly worried about ruining it, so if the cops roll up, its usually Dan Jackson, Brian Smith, Aaron, KCMW, Controlled Insanity or someone else really good who stays out there in front of the popo, and newbies like me and my boyz limit what we do to what we feel we can do somewhat well. Burnouts are also limited to keep from pissing off the popo if the smoke is gonna make em angry or wind would blow it at them.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:12 AM

MORIYM is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't read the entire first post or the rest, but I get the jist. The same reason there is school zones is to go slow in these areas and not go hella' fast. Parking lots are also not for speeding. If you are at a stunt spot you should ONLY be doing slow stuff! To all the newbies and guys still ripping power wheelies and higspeed ****( I still do it, but on the highway), hey, it's all good, but find a back road. My lot is approx. the size of 5 tennis courts, not huge, but very workable and fun if you can do the slow stuff, some random dude showed up one night and was farting around, after telling him as politely as possible what he is doing isn't safe in such a small area he accepted my advice, after watching for a bit, he asked lots of questions re: HOW DO YOU DO THAT? Now the dude, who does have a name is a regular and learning slow stuff in a safe environment! The moral if any, STAND UP AND SHOUT! when you are at a spot and someone is just plain outta' control you gotta 'stop it. Sorry for the dude and his family, a death in any way is not cool, be safe, and SPEAK UP out there!
Old 04-29-2008, 01:16 AM
EXTREME THERAPY

100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by fitzonthemark
Last Sunday a guy died in the parking lot where we ride. He wasn't somebody that regularly stunts. We've been riding in a closed Big K parking lot (like a Super Walmart). It's been drawing some big crowds, usually around 20-30 bikes on a Sunday. Most people just come out and watch, but a few of the nonstunters will ride hella fast sitdowns, standups, whatever. This guy did a sitdown towards the building (loading area), was going too fast, set it down, locked up the brakes, and high sided. It pitched him headfirst into the building. He broke his neck and then the bike hit the wall and caught on fire.
I've been thinking about this a lot since it happened. I'm a firm believer in personal responsibility. I think that people should be allowed to make their decisions for themselves about risk or whatever, but maybe we as a group need to sometimes tell people what the *** to do. A lot of people rode at out spot with no lids going a million miles an hour, people pulled **** right next to onlookers; and this was a place people were bringing their kids (which in my opinion is ucking retarded anyways). I just think this could have been prevented if someone would have stepped in and laid some ground rules down. It sucks to be the *** that tells people what the deal is, but most of these people were coming out to this spot to watch us ride. If one of us had said "this is cool, this isn't" they probably would have listened to us. This is probably the same in the spots were you ride. It's just something that this community (if you'd call it that) needs to address.
I don't know what all the repercussions from this accident are going to be, but I know we can't ride in that lot anymore, and I'm really not sure about riding anywhere in this county unless it's a completely legitimate private spot. The cops are pissed and I don't think they'll let us ride like that for a long time. More importantly this guy had a family and people that cared about him and now he's gone. It's sad and it doesn't have to go down like that. Speak up in the spot.

we are just now sneaking back into that spot!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 01:49 AM

BISHOP PHILLIPS can only hope to improve

i think every lot should have rules rather you own it or not... everything in life has rules and regulations...even if it is illegal.... even the the mafia has rules.... if you break em you pay one way or the other... and like ezenuts said let one of the pro or better people represent you guys not the newbies..... and if the cops come to watch some them how professional you are not how stupid you are by doing dumb **** that is out of your league.... we have a spot in va that i run currently...it is a big *** 18 wheeler repair yard.... i am getting the ground rules set for the summer and you have to pay to be in this spot....and then i pay the land owner for letting us have a safe place to stunt.... this will seperate the posers and i just wanna try a few wheelies newbie from coming in and ruining ****... 30 bucks a month is not a bad price to pay for safety and permission.... and i will do the same when i open camp stasis.... sorry to hear about that guy man... i will say a prayer for him.... you guys stay safe out there....and i will leave you with a anology that a racer once told me.... it takes 2 miles of runway to get a plane in the air....but it takes even more room to slow it down cause it is landing faster then it took off.... so make sure you got room to stop....you can wheelie to 90 in like 300 ft but you will need like another 400 to stop that bitch safely.... you guys take care
Old 04-29-2008, 02:00 AM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

that sucks... I feel sorry for the family.... but thats a squid that ruins things for the rest of us. I always set rules where we ride..... #1 rule, no burnouts! we had a sweet industrial park that was empty every sunday.... what do people think when there are no black marks on saturday and then monday theres rubber everywhere? and the following monday even more black marks! It attracts attention..... we rode there till we starting bringing people down there, they told their friends and the whole thing turned to ****. people were drag racing cars down there and now the cops watch it like hawks. #2.... keep some sort of order, no stopping and turning around in the middle of the road, and then there is ALWAYS that dumb **** that starts doing his garbage stoppies when there is 3 people behind him rockin high chairs!

we've told people to stop riding when they were completely out of control....... you have to say something!
Old 04-29-2008, 02:27 AM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

I agree hundred percent we had like 6 newbs go down in our spot last year. now its burnt up for good. cept at our spot we have a huge curb with a 20ft drop to a lake. and we had plenty of riders nail the curb and end up in the lake. heres a pic of us dragging one of the bikes outa the pond.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	gixxer3.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	208991   Click image for larger version

Name:	gixxer2.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	208992  
Old 04-29-2008, 02:29 AM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

and some more if they load

Quick Reply: Rules in the Lot? Consequences suck...