homemade scrape bar

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 06:39 PM

BigBalla is an unknown quantity at this point
TAIL IS FORGIVING!!!

but you will bust your *** if you dont have brake control- with a bar you can slam it and have very little control over your rear brake and still ride away...considering you have some experience

i think the longer bar will be good to learn with.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:23 PM

infamy is an unknown quantity at this point
dude from Something Fierce also has a round contact bar. i think its a good idea.
everyones giving you **** cuz your bar aint mounted like the one on thier bike......but they aint stunting an sv.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:07 PM

lloydchristmas is an unknown quantity at this point
If it works for you then go for yours brother!!
Old 02-28-2003, 01:47 AM

Rocket_Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Tim, props to you on your bar bro, jus be careful & listen to folks for advice, like Big Balla says, cover your brake. lata
Old 02-28-2003, 03:32 AM

shady is an unknown quantity at this point
not raggin' ya

that bar is too long, it will bend your sub-frame for sure..........just my 2 pennyz,peace
Old 02-28-2003, 10:14 AM

psyco650 is an unknown quantity at this point
2 tings to say- if the bar is shortened i mite as well take it off cause i will be at like 3 o clock when i scrape. and i dont wana grind my tail off cause this is the only bike i will have for the next couple years so i wanna at least have some sort of damage controll to go with my x-long sliders...then if i mess something up i will have at least tried to save it.

the bar is attached in four spots on the subframe about 2 inches apart....it has a good foot and a half bolted there so if the subframe bends it will have to be where it is attached to the frame....its the best mounting tecchnique i could do..but thank you for the opinions

i'll let everyone know if it works as soon as i can test it out but until then even i wont know
Old 02-28-2003, 12:08 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

-Rodger- is an unknown quantity at this point
note: in the event of a "crash" that thing is going to be a huge hook that is surely going for internal bleeding. sometime w/ slow wheelies/ 12's tha bike stalls and jars you off, if you snag that wing w/ say your leg or back.

:twelve

just lookin out for ya. i'd recommend relocating it so the bar itself is level w/ the taillight assembly.

Old 02-28-2003, 06:13 PM

Boughetto is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone else find it awesome that he's stunting an SV? How are you geared again Tim?
Old 03-02-2003, 06:12 AM

true

GOOD CALL!!!!!! if you cut a link out of the chain you can shorten the bar. cause the wheel will be farther up/ARE YOU SURE YOU SHOULD BE DOIN' THIS / DON'T WATCH A VIDEO AND THINK THIS **** IS EASY, cause if you crash your bike,your mom isn't gonna let you get another one,ever
Old 03-02-2003, 10:08 AM

hayez is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: true

Originally posted by shady
GOOD CALL!!!!!! if you cut a link out of the chain you can shorten the bar. cause the wheel will be farther up/ARE YOU SURE YOU SHOULD BE DOIN' THIS / DON'T WATCH A VIDEO AND THINK THIS **** IS EASY, cause if you crash your bike,your mom isn't gonna let you get another one,ever
u talking to this guy like hes a child
Old 03-02-2003, 12:19 PM

blue95accord- just one down in the front for now--probably gonna try a few up in the back before too long..

shady---i suppose your the best in the world right?? and i suppose you did every stunt you ever tried right the first time right?? i bet not... so why is it that you have to hate on other people for learning....everyone wants this sport to go mainsteem but yet there are people like shady who think they are better than everyone else and need to cut down on people for trying. do you stunt an sv?? do you ride with anyone stunting an sv?? probably not! so i have to worry not only about the difficulty of learning and exicuting these stunts but doing and learning them on an underpowered bike.....and by you saying i have to ask my mommy to get a bike let me tell you a little about myself..i am 22 years old..been married to a great woman for 2 years...have 3 wonderful kids...i've had my own place since i was 17(by choice. not cause i was kicked out or anything)...4.5 gpa in high school....4.87 in college...job that i make almost 50,000 a year and that sends me to college for free....own a 98 durango...own a 2000 grand am.....own a 01 sv...im not saying by any way that i am better than anyone else im just showing you that i have more important things to do with my money than go out and buy a 1000 cc bike and have to pay 250 dollers a month for insurance....not worth it to me....i can wait until i am 25 for my insurance to drop.....just like its not worth it to me to call names and make negative remarks to someone on a website...im not a 5 year old and i wont act like a first grader and start a retarded argument on a website i come to to enjoy myself......so in conclution i've lived my life doing things the hard way on pupose because i love the challenges...and as of now there are not very many things i have failed at and i realize its gonna be a bitch to stunt/12 my sv but you know what. i am going to do it because when i put my heart and mint into things i will not settle for second place....no matter how much it takes.. im not asking anyone to admire me but a little bit of respect would be nice...

now i am going to stop rambling on about something i shouldnt have even had to type in the first place...

lata
tim

Last edited by psyco650; 03-02-2003 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-02-2003, 12:58 PM
florida! finally

Nate-VMC is an unknown quantity at this point
you can stunt any bike including an SV.....look at trick chick!!! She rides the hell out of an SV 650!!!
Old 03-02-2003, 01:34 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by psyco650
I am 22 years old..been married to a great woman for 2 years...have 3 wonderful kids...i've had my own place since i was 17(by choice. not cause i was kicked out or anything
lata
tim
Damn...you have 3 kids and you are only 22 ! You know that make these things called "Condoms" right . I have one 2yr old and find if difficult to get out and ride with just her.

Major kudos to you and good luck this summer with the 12's. I know we had Trick Chic stand her bike on its tail and in order to scrape she would have to be at 1 o'clock.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:06 PM

Laura Freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't worry about the haters, practice with what you feel comfortable with. I know on the SV you can not scrape tail at 12 O'clock, you would have to be at 1 or 2. If it works for you then go for it. Don't listen to the negativety on here.
Here is a pic of Brandon from PBR on Trikchiks SV. Notice how far the tail is from the ground at 12 O'Clock.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc03789.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	13285  
Old 03-03-2003, 12:13 AM

HATER ???

first off: HATER, are you kidding me,I should not have said anything about your mom or any thing like that and I take that back. Iwas just trying to help you realize that if you crash you are out of buissness and i know you said you got insurance,that all good. But do you know that if you hit the bar hard on the ground what will happen? the bike rocks up on the bar,lifts the tire off the ground and if you hit one side of the bar it will turn a little sidways then when the tire hits and you are going too fast it WILL highside you. that is the point I was tryin' to make,that's all.. I am no hater by any way , shape , or form, I would try to help you out if anything,not hate. why **** your bike all up,for what ? are you getting paid?no. Is a shop giving you bikes? no. are the people telling you to do this **** going to come get you out of jail? no. They won't even come to see you at the hospital if you get jacked..Are they going to take care of your kids? **** no This i assure you..I have gotten jacked all up before, Got locked down,these clownz that tell you to do the **** on the street will be nowhere to be found,trust me..but if the reward at the end out weighs the risks ; it's your show, go for the gustto , peace
Old 03-03-2003, 12:44 AM
Group Moderator

JackassRR is an unknown quantity at this point
Psyco650..post a side pic of the bike on the bar..that will clear up the "its too long" comments.
Rodg C.C. has a very valid point that the bar could hurt in the event of a crash.
I have'nt seen the design up close but keep an eye on the 1/8 wall tubing. 2" plates wear pretty good..I think u will see u go right thru the tubing when u start to 12 consistently.
Stay Safe bro
Old 03-03-2003, 02:05 AM
TIM
DSR PIMP

TIM is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: true

what do you think of that bike besides stunting it. My fiance has a 01 ex 250 and I just bought her a f3 but am thinking of getting rid of the f3 for the 650 for her. is the 650 a better bike for beginners tahn a f3? She isn't going to stunt it 9 at least I hope)

Last edited by TIM; 03-03-2003 at 02:12 AM.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:01 AM

TIM---YES I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMEND getting an sv for your fiance--bike is very very light and quite easy to ride ---plus with it being a twin its alot less rev happy as the inline 4's. bike is very smooth and calm in stock form. but if she wants to spice it up a little there are aftermarkets sold at most every bike shop that you can have in less than a week....and pretty cheep too

jackass rr- my bike is in tech 954's garage and he is in datona so i will get a pic in a week or so.. the pipe piece has a 1x1 piece of steele welded iunside that has been radiused to fit the radius of the pipe..then the rest was filled in with a mig welder

shady--i appreciate the taking back of what you said. i am just really annoyed by all of the negative comments i have gotten. i realize most are trying to help and you can be sure that i take everything into consideration.. just tired of not getting any respect for trying to get better at doing something we all love...

no im not famous or getting paid or am even close to having sponsers but it doesnt bother me. if it comes in the future then happy me... if not i will comtinue stunting anyway cause its something i fell in love with and something that i dont know i could ever stop. even if a wanted to.. i'm in love with this sport and next to my family there is nothing else i am more passionate for... i may be a rookie for now but i am by no means doing any of this for ***** and giggles....i am here and im a stunna..i guess its just the life i was delt...its whats inside me....life is short man...take from it what you can while its all still in your hands... ride hard...ride safe....live your life.....and leave your mark

peace
tim
Old 03-03-2003, 10:45 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by RedlineLaura
Notice how far the tail is from the ground at 12 O'Clock.
damn, that **** is mad far away from scrapin' tail @ 12. Kinda like tryin' to 12 an XR50.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:59 PM

TrikChik is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought about putting a bar on my bike just so that I could say I scraped something, but at my size (5'3" 105lbs.), I figured it would just be an open invitation for my bike to kick my ***.

Good luck psycho650, the bar looks cool and I can't wait to see pics of you scrapin'.

Quick Reply: homemade scrape bar