Who is the "God Father" of stunting?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 08:18 AM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Who is the "God Father" of stunting?

Seeing that the Wink thread started a nice debate, lets see who you feel is the "God Father" of stunting in "YOUR" eyes. Everybody will probably have a different outlook on their reasoning and should be interesting to hear.

To me Todd Colbert is the God Father of stunting in MY eyes. I say this because he is the first one I ever saw stunting. It was at Daytona in front of the normal bike shop and then on the track during the Arai 200 race about 5ys ago. I know he and others have been around longer than that, however that is what hooked me into this sport.

Translation:
Opps...I guess I did not use proper wording when I first started this thread. It was went to be worded: "Who did you see FIRST and WHERE to get you involved into the stunting/Freestyle scene.

Last edited by RedlineJimmy; 02-25-2003 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:22 AM
Regular StuntLifer

jaxen112 is an unknown quantity at this point
IMO - Wink & LVX

Wink was the first person I ever saw perform for a crowd (in front of Harlem hospital)

LVX was the only group with a heavy web presance back in the day.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:05 AM

David P.O.B. is an unknown quantity at this point
the first groups that i ever saw doing stunts were LVX and the Starboyz. but i only started stunting a year ago so????
Old 02-24-2003, 10:07 AM

2xtreme50 is an unknown quantity at this point
first i ever heard of were the starboyz but i only live like 100 miles away from them in columbus so every once in a while the news would have somethin on them for like 3 seconds
Old 02-24-2003, 10:43 AM
Stunt Pimp

Pat-trick is an unknown quantity at this point
the god father of all sport bike stunting , no question about it is a.c. farias . he is the one who invented every stunt. he have been doing this stuff since 1994. a.c. farias from brazil . he invented 12's, costers, circle wheelies,no handed wheelies. etc...

but the first person i saw doing stunt in the us was the square boyz. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Old 02-24-2003, 10:50 AM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

Originally posted by Patrick 929 P.O.B.
but the first person i saw doing stunt in the us was the square boyz. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Hahaha...and this is comming from Mr. Huckle Buck himself .
Old 02-24-2003, 11:06 AM

wheelchris is an unknown quantity at this point
god father

i would have to sayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy DARIUS... the way he jumps around on the bike is unbelevabile!!! he may not be the god father... but he is the best i have seen...
Old 02-24-2003, 12:21 PM
Debating another bike...

Johnny Kula is an unknown quantity at this point
i gotta go with Dr. Huckle Buck on this one!!!

AC is the definite godfather and master of this sport!!!
Old 02-24-2003, 12:33 PM

hayez is an unknown quantity at this point
i seen startboys couple years ago,that was the first time i had ever seen a 12 oclock,,i still as impressed with 12s as i was then,
Old 02-24-2003, 12:34 PM

OG1000 is an unknown quantity at this point
tru

Originally posted by Patrick 929 P.O.B.
the god father of all sport bike stunting , no question about it is a.c. farias . he is the one who invented every stunt. he have been doing this stuff since 1994. a.c. farias from brazil . he invented 12's, costers, circle wheelies,no handed wheelies. etc...

with out a doubt AC
Old 02-24-2003, 01:16 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
I would have to say that nags is the godfather of stunting. I saw this one episode of The Flintstones where he and Fred were wheelying dinosaurs.
Old 02-24-2003, 01:22 PM

DITTO is an unknown quantity at this point
AC

Definitely AC, if you haven't check out his vid from 1998 at the European Championships, it is off the hook.
Old 02-24-2003, 01:44 PM

KrazyKris750 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would have to say Wink...then LVX took it to another level and the StarBoyz aswell .
Old 02-24-2003, 02:30 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

-Rodger- is an unknown quantity at this point
AC deserves credit as well as the late Doug Domokus. The "Wheelie King" set many records and standards for Americans and Europeans alike. He had a FACTORY sponsor from Kawasaki and did more shows than anyone can document.

HE WAS THE WHEELIE KING, and still would be if it wasn't for those pesky hang gliders.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:53 PM

BrooklynKid929 is an unknown quantity at this point
I know the first for me was the Wheelie Boyz with jon jon rippin up 12o'clock
Old 02-24-2003, 02:57 PM

Bmann29 is an unknown quantity at this point
First real stunt video I saw was LVX and Starboyz. Wink was the first I saw doing 12's on a bike and it did not have a wheelie bar.
Old 02-24-2003, 03:23 PM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
I dont know amuch about stunting out of America... In the states... Colbert was the 1st stunter i know of. But he was european style back then.

The people who started the latest craze were StarBoyz and LVX with their crazy streetbike antics.

In the hood, it was wink for sure! Wink brough the 12s on to the street.

But that craze is dying out and stunters are split, now the popular thing is to go to modified bikes like the Europeans...

Sooo.... depending on what you are referring to... AC, Rothwell, Colbert, StarBoyz, LVX, Wink, etc there are so many and so many ways of defining it. These days LVX and StarBoyz didnt start what most stunters do... because many people say get on the track and stunt modified bikes when that exactly what we hated a year or two ago.

just my
Old 02-24-2003, 04:13 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by Rodg C.C.
AC deserves credit as well as the late Doug Domokus. The "Wheelie King" set many records and standards for Americans and Europeans alike. He had a FACTORY sponsor from Kawasaki and did more shows than anyone can document.

HE WAS THE WHEELIE KING, and still would be if it wasn't for those pesky hang gliders.
Domokus was doing 12's (not scraping) on v twin cruzers in the 70's www.wheelieking.com
Old 02-24-2003, 04:30 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

Originally posted by Shugga
These days LVX and StarBoyz didnt start what most stunters do... because many people say get on the track and stunt modified bikes when that exactly what we hated a year or two ago.
Yeah...If it wasn't for those crazy looking cars with blue and red lights on them all over the streets .
Old 02-24-2003, 05:17 PM

Scott@STUNTERS is an unknown quantity at this point
I believe Jimmy's questions was...
" Who is the "God Father" of stunting? "

Everyone keep saying who they saw stunt first, first vid that had seen....

If you guys are talking about a true godfather of stuntriding, it has to be someone over in Europe. The european stunters (AC, Carmichael, Rothwell, etc.) have been doing this stuff for way over 10 years! The craze here did not start until around 1995-1996 when the FTP first came around right....really trying to remember...

Anyways, the very first stunters video I had ever seen, was Starboyz' FTP. My buddy went to a show up north, possibly Indy... and came back with a video, which had to be one of the very first vids made by the Boyz.... ****, It didn't even have sound, lol...
He called me up, told me to come to his shop, and I couldn't believe my eyes, they were freakn nuts...

This was about the time, that I became hooked on the sport, and scene... and have been ever since, TOO BAD I STILL SUCK, LOL!

Quick Reply: Who is the "God Father" of stunting?