Who is the "God Father" of stunting?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 09:31 AM

OldSkoolMC is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Danielle C
Evel deserves all of the credit for his "stunt riding", what you are not getting, is that this is a new sport--Sportbike Freestyle is a different element, and the distinction is important.
So what you are saying is only sportbikes are inculded in the classification of stunt riding? No fiftys, no quads, no standards... just sportbikes?

Originally posted by Danielle C
Don't throw stones at the industry because you don't see it. In fact if you don't see it what are you doing on this board? These guys take enough **** forging the way for the sport, they don't need to be discredited by you!
I never threw any stones. I stunt my bikes. The difference is the topic is relating to "Stunt motorcycle riding". It didn't say "Who is the god father of freestyle sportbike riding"..... The title to "God Father of stunting" is one that should go to the first or one of the first motorcycle stunters. But to me stunt riding is stunt riding. Why does it only have to be ONLY considered freestyle sportbike riding? Why is there a 50 section and quad section on this site? Are those not considered stunts on those machines? Those are not sportbikes. What about all the naked bikes that are "standards" people stunt with? Those are also not sportbikes. Tricks done on a motorcycle is stunting if you're jumping a ramp or doing a 100mph rolling stopie, it's a "Stunt". I never said the starboys suck or anything, they are good at what they do. I wasn't discrediting anyone but to be honest there are alot of riders doing the same tricks they do. In Europe they stunt alot of motards and standards... is this not considered stunting? People want to see stunts performed no matter if it's jumping cars or 12 o'clocks they are all stunts on a motorcycle. Something out of the norm.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:11 PM

bad dad is an unknown quantity at this point
You people are getting too heated over a Hypothetical ****in question.

Godfather= had to be someone who invented/started stunting before it was popular right??

There are some great examples here already.

Can't you all just have your opinions and sit back and see what other people think??
Old 03-04-2003, 09:29 PM

skidmark is a decent person
I first heard of LVX... but I'm on the west coast so I guess that's why. I had a gixxer at the time (92 750) so I loved the fact that they rode them too :p
--
AC Farias is the original for street-style stunting, and Evil Kenivel for stunting in general.

Last edited by skidmark; 03-04-2003 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-06-2003, 02:12 PM

Larry L.O.X. is an unknown quantity at this point
The first time that I saw stuntin a bike was in Queen Latifahs video "U.N.I.T.Y" I don't know if that was a group out of Jerzee or what, but those guys did their thing in that vid. I had a bike at the time, CBR F2, but I didn't have the nutz to try that on the street yet. There have been a lot of talented groups and guys to come along after that. I give accolades to all that go and compete and do well doing stunts, it doesn't matter who started or pioneered any particular stunt, as long as they are enjoying what they are doing......
Old 03-06-2003, 05:41 PM

lloydchristmas is an unknown quantity at this point
Cant you homos find anything better to do than argue over who started all this?!?!?! Try worrying about who's going to finish it. Thas who'll be remembered. Not so German wienerschnitzel from 40 years ago.
GET A GOD DAMN LIFE!!!!!
Old 03-07-2003, 05:13 PM

Larry L.O.X. is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by lloydchristmas
\twofinger
GET A GOD DAMN LIFE!!!!!
Well since you are participating also, you are lifeless just like the rest of us, huh?????
Old 03-07-2003, 06:35 PM

lloydchristmas is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats true!!! I never claimed to have a life I just was hoping you guys would get one.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:00 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Los Angelos FMI is an unknown quantity at this point
i would agree kinda with "F4"

pioneer "someone who founded or even changed the direction of the sport"

evil
starboyz
gary rothwell
ac farius
wink
todd colbert
craig jones

these people would definetly be on the board as "founding fathers" if there is a place for them or if there ever was one

as far as the new generation is concerned and the USa is concerned.

ppl would agree that kyle woods is another person that has changed the sport to bring it to that next level

jon jon deserves a vote
chauncey gets a vote
even crazy dan.. for his originality... granted he falls more then most. but he does alot of crazy things!!!

and there will be more to come
Old 03-09-2003, 06:05 PM

insano is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb old school

in the begining there was one GARY ROTHWELL. I'm talking 1995' already with a video old bikes new bikes racer the man has his hole family in wife brother that is a GODFATHER.........
Old 03-10-2003, 07:31 PM

mikeyusf is an unknown quantity at this point
I gotta give some love to my favorite stunt rider Kyle Woods. Everyone has their favorites, and he's definitely my favorite. Not only is he a great stunter, and a great promoter, he's one hell of a nice guy. When he was MC'ing stuntwars in lakeland, he noticed Jennifer and I wearing our triple extreme shirts, and took a few minutes and talked to us, along Jennifer's little brother and friend (who both adore him and came from miami to see the show). He was the coolest guy, was talking to the kids about the Fast and Furious 2 movie coming out (which they are huge fans of), tell them about "off-screen" drama and other misc, unknown info about the movie. The kids absolutely ate it up, and couldnt stop talking about how nice of a guy he was, and how excited they were to meet Kyle Woods!

He took pictures, signed autographs, and really made us feel like our support to TripleXtreme was appreciated. It made everything worth it. We felt special and loved for once (sniff sniff) LOL

But seriously, my wife and I love triplextreme, Kyle and Brock are awesome people, and they always make their fans feel welcome and appreciated. Kyle Woods had my vote for Godfather of stunting, KYLE AND BROCK ARE THE SHlT!!!

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mjkyle.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	13840