is it me

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 02:33 PM

Kaotic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: is it me

circles are cool to watch but not for 45 minutes hell no, gotta mix it up with everything on a vid, highway, parking lot, traffic, street sessions, acrobatics, the crashes ya took learning and keep the sounds of the bikes on the vid not just music drowning them out
Old 03-09-2005, 02:36 PM

Squidmark is an unknown quantity at this point

circles get so lame. The only time i like seeing them is if they are in a vid with a mixed bag of tricks. Street footage is where its at, one scene that comes to my mind is the Joe Brown segment on SIU:3. Circles in intersections with traffic, then a long *** hw spreader, and various other ****. Thats what i like to see.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:14 PM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by korno1
is it me or is every vid that comes out in stores or little links on stuntlife all circles????? dont get me wrong circles are cool here and there but to do 80% of a vid with circles is just horrible
naaaa, you just jeaolus cuz you don't have 'em...
Old 03-09-2005, 03:22 PM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JimmyOOOOO

1)I'd say after about 30 seconds I'm completely bored with circles...

2) I could watch the boyz do bp highchairs on the highway all day long tho.

3) IMHO, for videos, highway sh|t is where it's at

1 - Than you haven't seen some crazy ppl killin circles, I got this kid I used to ride with (until he did some **** and got banned from riding), who rocked all kind of circles, he would start with sitdown circles, go to standup circles, from that to spreader O's, from that 50:50 circles, from that to highchair O's, and than get back to standup and rock all kind of standup combinations...sick ****...I can watch him all day, he helped me learn circles...somewhat...

2 - Now that **** is boring...just think about it...

3 - Your right, but you have to spice it up with some slow stuff and tech tricks...
Old 03-09-2005, 03:30 PM
1 footer wheelies!

Sillyneck is an unknown quantity at this point

yea circles are boring. Let's face it...anything that doesn't have that "impending pain" factor is boring. I think the whole circles thing is good right now because at least for me it gave me so much more bike control that I can apply to other stupid stuff.

Now what's everyone's take on really fast circles....like 25-30mph where almost every crash is nasty? I think that's one step closer to more rediculous ****. The mid pace **** we were all doing at stuntwars was pretty lame. got really boring and whatnot....but there wasn't much option w/ the slippery surface and the amount of people there. There were just too many people to do really high risk dumb **** in practice....hence your dumb **** arsenal was cold for the comp.

I think the sport is headed back to higher risk stuff as everyone gains a better understanding of what you can and can't do on the bike. Would it be boring to watch a 60mph sloppy @$$ high chair scrape w/ no handbrake??? F-ck no..that **** is entertaining this is where it needs to go....doing the sketchier tricks, faster, and w/ more control but making them look harder and more dangerous...if that makes sense? I dunno...those are just some thoughts since I've been home riding.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:37 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Circles on the street are where its at
Old 03-09-2005, 03:51 PM

forcefedfreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I would have to say you are right Korno. Seeing as how it's winter time, and my bike is snowed in, and i'm too much of a ***** to ride in the cold, all i've been doing is watching videos. I just want to say i've seen a lot of circles.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sillyneck
yea circles are boring. Let's face it...anything that doesn't have that "impending pain" factor is boring. I think the whole circles thing is good right now because at least for me it gave me so much more bike control that I can apply to other stupid stuff.

Now what's everyone's take on really fast circles....like 25-30mph where almost every crash is nasty? I think that's one step closer to more rediculous ****. The mid pace **** we were all doing at stuntwars was pretty lame. got really boring and whatnot....but there wasn't much option w/ the slippery surface and the amount of people there. There were just too many people to do really high risk dumb **** in practice....hence your dumb **** arsenal was cold for the comp.

I think the sport is headed back to higher risk stuff as everyone gains a better understanding of what you can and can't do on the bike. Would it be boring to watch a 60mph sloppy @$$ high chair scrape w/ no handbrake??? F-ck no..that **** is entertaining this is where it needs to go....doing the sketchier tricks, faster, and w/ more control but making them look harder and more dangerous...if that makes sense? I dunno...those are just some thoughts since I've been home riding.
I agree with you. I think a lot of the technical tricks that were traditionally referred to as "slow stuff" will start to pick up the pace, and be more interesting. You know seeing people scrape HCs and spreaders in 2nd gear and shiat, like you said, all woblly is exciting. But I've always said, once this sport gets a hardcore fan base of non-riders I think they will appreciate the more technical tricks.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:44 PM

verticalfrank is a decent person

you hit the nail on the head....people want to see danger. I've said it all along......for a show you ride in a way that appeals to the crowd. it practice and around a group of other stunters you ride technical and ride to feel that achivement. you don't think I go out and rock christ's or elevators at the practice spot on a regular basis do you????? but I definitely do them in shows...people go nuts!!!
Old 03-09-2005, 10:06 PM

r6 n shit is an unknown quantity at this point

circles on the highway would be cool like in the brakedown lane n ****
Old 03-10-2005, 12:16 PM
www.krazywhiteboys.com

KrazyWhite Rich is a decent person

i like to see it all. mix it up.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:00 AM

Spencer75south is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nags
Circles on the street are where its at
yep.... take the techinal stuff to the streets! FTP forever :YEAH
Old 03-13-2005, 01:47 AM

Spencer75south is an unknown quantity at this point

these videos need ****.... and not just normal ****, midget ****. trust me, they will sell like crazy.......anyways, im going sleep now.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:34 AM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

circles are bad ***...i cant wait to learn them but their getting played out i think
Old 03-13-2005, 02:50 AM

Wheelie Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeM
ive been saying that since circles were new.
so have I, except for I get flammed for it...
Old 03-13-2005, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Wheelie Boy
so have I, except for I get flammed for it...

Just cuz you don't ride doesn't mean that you can't enjoy or dislike a vid. **** people who flame.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:08 PM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

Originally Posted by FooFighters203
these videos need ****.... and not just normal ****, midget ****. trust me, they will sell like crazy.......anyways, im going sleep now.
bwhahahahaha
Old 03-13-2005, 05:23 PM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

sillyphil is on to something here.......

if your gonna do circles they gotta be speed circles. But you have to start somewhere. You just cant jump into them. I think the problem is that everyone is expecting all these sick tricks in every video here on stuntlife and face it every video isnt gonna have crazy new stuff. People on here like to show their progression whether it be half a circle or 40 speed circles. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Now theres the big circles and theres the tight circles. Theres handbrake circles and theres foot brake circles. Now there are a lot of people that do circles but its the style and control that you carry in the circle that makes it impressive. The faster you go the more dangerous and impressive they are to watch. The ability to be able to ride the bike like a toy and show total control is where its at. Everyone now is trying for the big giant circles going kind of fast. A lot more danger involved but so much more fun to do.

Now with the tight circles. These are the hottness. Not regular tight ones but sick fast spinning crazy flat spin ones. Ever been in a circle spinning so fast that the only way out is to bail? Where you get to the point to where you have no idea where your at and which way your facing lol. Pivoting on the back tire so damn fast. These are scary cause 3 out of every 5 is a wreck. So many different styles. Thats what makes this sport fun.

I hear you though on circles. I still love going out and just banging on a straight road old school style. That **** is the best. Thats how it started and theres no feeling like it.

E
Old 03-13-2005, 08:06 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

i cant even do circles yet, but seeing them for like 15 sec in almost ever vid out there now is gettin really boring.. i mean i understand there pretty much the hardest/most technical trick to learn out there but how many times can you watch one guy go in a circle.

Circle variations on the other hand dont bore me esspeacially spreader/hc circles or where ppl switch positions in a circle is all entertaining to an extent.

Fast circles are also pretty entertaining to an extent, but they fall in the same catagory as just a normal circle they get boring. But bike looks sweet when its almost scrapin 12 bar or exhaust

Street **** is where its at for sure i could watch a guy circle in an intersection all day long cause thats just
Old 03-13-2005, 08:32 PM

Wheelie Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

It looks cool when people do spreader circles, hc circles, or seat stander circles and it looks like they are about to crash, but then they dont