Stuntwars *****ing..Some Observations

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 12:39 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough
Stuntwars *****ing..Some Observations

I posted this in another thread, but i figured i'd give it it's own:

Chubbs blew goats on the mic all weekend, and like i've said before, you can quote me on that one...and just so everyone knows who is talking ****, it is me, Chris McNeil, or as EVERYONE knows me: TEACH.

it was so bad, my girlfriend left the indiv. freestyle finals to go sit in the truck.

i dont care about anything he said about girls or any other 'innapropriate' stuff, i'm talking about the distinct difference in the attention that was paid to different riders.

Some things that i observed while watching the indiv finals from the stands (a unique perspective for us riders, i challenge all of you to try it sometime) that struck a nerve which screamed horseshit:

1. chubs amping up the crowd for certain riders that he is tight with, or whatever
2. chubs not even talking about certain riders while they rode, instead talking about stupid stuff to the crowd, taking their attention away from the rider
3. chubs talking to the judges while runs were going on behind him and them
4. certain riders being given small priveledges because of who they are
5. judges talking on cell phones during runs
6. only one out of three judges being present during runs
7. judges talking to chubbs during runs, obviouslly not paying attention to what was gonig on in front of them
8. being told we are using 'xsba' rules, only to see the score sheets with categories crossed out
9. the scores NOT being announced until 2hours after the event, in both indiv freestyle and team freestyle

how effing hard is it to add 3 numbers up? bc that is all anyone had to do to get the scores of the riders/teams. makes you wonder what is going on: (14+15+32=61, wow that took me a whole 15 seconds to do!) although i will say that it is hard to add up numbers when the judges arent even there to give scores, or maybe there is a special system no one knows about that requires extensive calculations to determine a 'winner'. not really accusing anyone of anything, but it certainly makes you skeptical...i guess if you don't announce the scores in a timely manner, you have little to worry about what the scores really are, you can just go with your 'gut feeling'... makes sense to me.

i had a great time at SW, meeting new people, and hanging out with old friends. i have no personal complaints, however, there seems to be a lot of BS with just about every Florida competition, every year. it is not that hard to figure out. mad props to team xtreem for putting this thing together, but isht, some simple solutions to some big problems from my point of view.

Thomas should have been on the mic NO QUESTIONS ASKED-his reputation preceeds him on this one...

how hard is it to get an impartial emcee and judges (nothing but love for the boyz and bid dave) who are actually present and paying attention during the competition???

thanks for your time,

Teach

ps. i will reiterate, i have no personal complaints just some general ones...and i got respect for all those involved with this event. so dont even try and attack me from any of those angles
Old 02-16-2005, 12:48 PM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Stuntwars *****ing..Some Observations

Here's what I posted, and I dont' care if I get attacked, lol.

I have a problem with the fact that these event organizers keep hiring a bunch of THUGS to be involved in running the show. You got a bunch of cursing, inappropriate topics, and just down right UNPROFESSIONAL things going on in front of the crowd. Am I the only one that see little kids and familys in the stands????????????
I'm just wondering when everyone is going to grow up, and put on an appropriate show based on who you are advertising it to. You want a family then leave the THUGS at home. You want a bunch of drunk college students so everyone can run around doing whatever, then leave the families out of it.

Gotta realize it's about being professional, and appropriate for the people present. I mean would you take your little kid to a strip club...... NO..... then all the ****** need to keep their clothes on, and the talk needs to be appropriate for all ages, if that's who's going to be there.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:05 PM

jbad is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Stuntwars *****ing..Some Observations

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
I posted this in another thread, but i figured i'd give it it's own:

Chubbs blew goats on the mic all weekend, and like i've said before, you can quote me on that one...and just so everyone knows who is talking ****, it is me, Chris McNeil, or as EVERYONE knows me: TEACH.

it was so bad, my girlfriend left the indiv. freestyle finals to go sit in the truck.

i dont care about anything he said about girls or any other 'innapropriate' stuff, i'm talking about the distinct difference in the attention that was paid to different riders.

Some things that i observed while watching the indiv finals from the stands (a unique perspective for us riders, i challenge all of you to try it sometime) that struck a nerve which screamed horseshit:

1. chubs amping up the crowd for certain riders that he is tight with, or whatever
2. chubs not even talking about certain riders while they rode, instead talking about stupid stuff to the crowd, taking their attention away from the rider
4. certain riders being given small priveledges because of who they are
7. judges talking to chubbs during runs, obviouslly not paying attention to what was gonig on in front of them
8. being told we are using 'xsba' rules, only to see the score sheets with categories crossed out
9. the scores NOT being announced until 2hours after the event, in both indiv freestyle and team freestyle

how effing hard is it to add 3 numbers up? bc that is all anyone had to do to get the scores of the riders/teams. makes you wonder what is going on: (14+15+32=61, wow that took me a whole 15 seconds to do!) although i will say that it is hard to add up numbers when the judges arent even there to give scores, or maybe there is a special system no one knows about that requires extensive calculations to determine a 'winner'. not really accusing anyone of anything, but it certainly makes you skeptical...i guess if you don't announce the scores in a timely manner, you have little to worry about what the scores really are, you can just go with your 'gut feeling'... makes sense to me.

i had a great time at SW, meeting new people, and hanging out with old friends. i have no personal complaints, however, there seems to be a lot of BS with just about every Florida competition, every year. it is not that hard to figure out. mad props to team xtreem for putting this thing together, but isht, some simple solutions to some big problems from my point of view.

Thomas should have been on the mic NO QUESTIONS ASKED-his reputation preceeds him on this one...

how hard is it to get an impartial emcee and judges (nothing but love for the boyz and bid dave) who are actually present and paying attention during the competition???

thanks for your time,

Teach

ps. i will reiterate, i have no personal complaints just some general ones...and i got respect for all those involved with this event. so dont even try and attack me from any of those angles

I thought the same thing TEACH.
I let Colbert know before SW '05 was the **** but the fuking announcing suked nut sac.
He had some guy come over from the team xtreme trailer and someone was short on their drawer so Todd and that guy had to discuss that situation and I didnt get a chance to tell him anything else... but Im sure hes aware of it.

Im curios to know what SW gross total came too.??????????????

and WTF was up with the NO ENTRY POLICY even if you have a wristband. couldnt get me no $$$$ cause there wasnt an ATM so I had to be a broke ***** and borrow

THOMAS FOR MC!

(at least Ken knows who to use)
Old 02-16-2005, 01:06 PM
HoOk

J-Hook is an unknown quantity at this point

i hear ya on that one teach, i got that **** on camera.... judges not even payin attn.... "MAKE SOME NOISE" lol....
Old 02-16-2005, 01:17 PM
awww **** motorcycles!

paragus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to all

i heard a lot of complaints from fans, not riders, but fans (that dont ride) that i brought with me or invited about the dude on the mic.

i didnt know about finding out the scores 2hrs later.. thats crazy.. ill volunteer for next year to add up the judges scores i know how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide..
Old 02-16-2005, 01:20 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

teva is an unknown quantity at this point

The Guy At The Gate With The '' No Re-entry '' Chit Was A Clown. He Said, '' It's To Hard To Keep Track Of All The People Going In And Out Of The Show.'' What Kinda Chit Is That? If It's To Hard, Then Maybe Your Understaffed. But, We All Know It Was About Keeping Ya There And Buying 20.00$ Hamburgers And Chit. Anyway, We Had A Blast Other Than A Few Dumbass Problems. Props To Everyone That Came Out And Had A Good Time.

P.s. Teach, Your A Madman. It Was Awesome To Get To See You Ride In Person.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:22 PM

middleschooler can only hope to improve

damn that is weak..i didnt even go to stuntwars and i feel for all the people who didnt get there moneys worht
Old 02-16-2005, 01:59 PM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I agree with you Teach, but your a nobody, so take the picture.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:18 PM

WRooster250F is an unknown quantity at this point

I've read alot of posts on here since I joined. Teach is one of the few (no offense anyone, but there is alot of flamers and just plain bs'ers here on SL) that always seems to have something intelligent to say. For him to sit down and write half of a novel on SW problems tells me that something is majorly wrong. From the sounds SW's is one, if not the, biggest stunt competitions in the US. Do the sport that we all want to progress a favor and try to make it more professional next time. Have a special tent for the girls that want to show they're boobies and make an event out of it and get an announcer who's qualified for the job.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:39 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

I brought two friends with me from Maine. Both are new to the stunt scene but love motorcycles. They left early on Sunday and the main reason was Chubbz. He must have said "Make Some Noise" about 9,000,000 times over the weekend. He also didn't let anybody know what was going on. Atleast Adam would introduce the riders and say a little bit about what they were doing. Anybody could have done what Chubbz did and probably do a better job.

I also hear you on the judges, but I'm not a rider so I'll leave that you guys.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:48 PM

COOP 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear that chit Teach. That is why I so hope the XSBA gets off the ground and becomes successful this time. STANDARDIZED JUDGING CRITERIA AND JUDGES WHO KNOW THE SPORT AND SEEM TO GIVE A CHIT IS A MUST! I got nothing against exhibitions except that they're just that...exhibitions. On the other hand, competitions have an edge to them that I like. One rider trying to out do another rider is what its all about to me. Watching a guy try a trick he may not have mastered yet because he thinks he needs it to win is what gets my adreneline going! :YEAH But the absolute worst thing that can happen to a comp is for people to think it's not fair or something isn't right. Good luck with getting XSBA up and rolling again. I'll support it.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:22 PM

jbad is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Stuntwars *****ing..Some Observations

Originally Posted by WRooster250F
I've read alot of posts on here since I joined. Teach is one of the few (no offense anyone, but there is alot of flamers and just plain bs'ers here on SL) that always seems to have something intelligent to say. For him to sit down and write half of a novel on SW problems tells me that something is majorly wrong. From the sounds SW's is one, if not the, biggest stunt competitions in the US. Do the sport that we all want to progress a favor and try to make it more professional next time. Have a special tent for the girls that want to show they're boobies and make an event out of it and get an announcer who's qualified for the job.

Dont get anyone wrong, SW'05 was the best, but the event competition is what were pissed about. (I personally thought it was rigged), but after how HARD I seen kyle want the 1st place plaque, the smoother and more precise I saw his runs and its was WIGSPLITTIN! Noone here in their right mind will deny that WOODS didnt do his thang! UNBELIEVABLE!

but you gotta call it like you see it, personally I didnt see the "judges" not watching the runs ( but being on the phone? I didnt see it b/c I was filming the freestyle event , but I would say it was Big dave and prolly Kevin on the Telephone huh?

Chubbs what happened? NO one is FLAMING you.
Many of us just dont understand what the hell you got paid for doing. Hell I wish I can mc an event and walk around chassing ******

And you know being Gansta is Cool and Im a fuking HOOLIGAN too
but simply the things you were saying about hoes* was disrespectable to not only our sport, but those who witnessed what I am typing.

Now dont get me wrong if your reading this.Cause Ive stayed in the sport since your boys inspired me and you all are cool ******
but we are under alot of review, sponsorship probations, and such and dont have the courtesy at the moment to be considered PIONEERS
Not everyone is Team Xtreme and is Fully sponsored by Buell.. Im curios to know if they know how the event goes, or do they only see #'s and $'s too

you also gotta say some of us do this b/c its what we love, and you come to expect a certain level of professionalism when your being sponsored by major Companies.

The chaos should have stayed at exit 32 and away from the mic
If SW is the " icon " for this sports future........ b/c even having the best time of your life even not being able to compete, but also being the most dissapointed you can be at the same time kinda bums the experience. Kinda like driving 1500 miles to FL only to have your bike stolen.

Some ppl like to live the life with no cover-ups of how they are
Some ppl KNOW when to cover-up when there are those who need not see certain things for themselves
and Some ppl EXPECT MORE from the entire SW trip.

STILL TO DATE, NO STATE HAS OUTDONE TEXAS AS A WHOLE.

some of the best riders that many of you are too wrapped up in the DRAMA and GLAMA of SL to know about. WHILE YOUR HERE POSTING their out getting their grind on to be at the top of their sport....

HONESTLY their were some riders who made it to the finals, WHO CRASHED, and whose bike stalled, and whatever else that shouldnt have been their and there were some ppls runs I seen Sat. and heard of (and how the riders meeting stated) would have been in the Finals cause they may not have a HC scrape on lock but they had crowd response, were smoothe, and sucessful in doing what was written down on the tank for their performance.

BOTTOME LINE is, take this critcisim and make good use of it.

I will copy cat TEACH and say:
I will reiterate, IM NOT FLAMING YOU. Im just stating what was told to me from others and partially what I did see.
If your their to host a show, HOST IT, if your their to entertain, by all means entertain, and if your reason for coming is to be a fan, stay in the bleachers... but when WE CONTINUE TO ACT DISRESPECTFUL to not only the public.... sorry lakeland peeps ... but being disrespectable to the fellow brotherhood of stunting ( and I know its all in good harm) but many things seem intentional, and when you goto a TEAM XTREEM and STARBOYZ hosted venue you expect certain things.......

*** it! you cant make everyone happy now can ya?

Now lets go catch some **** on fire or hotwire a water tanker.

jbad says " *** YOU, IM FROM TEXAS! "
Old 02-16-2005, 04:07 PM

USStuntRiders is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Teach i wanst able to make it out, last min. changes but I heard from the boys you tore it up nicley.

As far as the announcing we all know who's best for that job, but remember people its all about the politics involved, so, what u get when that happens is a bunch of upset people and competitors, which seems to be the case. Hey Teach im glad someone with real respect posted this to let everyone know what happen, I just feel sorry for all the unknown & up and coming riders who went out there and got basiclly disrespected.

-Brian "B.S." Steeves
Old 02-16-2005, 04:11 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Judging is normally the number one complaint of most events held. Dirty B had it right with the NSRA were there would be "SET" judges at every event. I believe this is the only way to have accurate and fair judging at all events. How hard is it to pay to have good judges and set standards at every event.?. To be honest judging will either make or break your event.

* I hereby nominate myself to be a dedicated judge at every sportbike freestyle related event across the US for any event organizer interested. I love the sport and always tell it like it is without bias actions. Unfortunately my riding days are over for now, yet I would like to still be involved any way possible to help the sport progress. *

Announcing is probably always the second biggest complaint. It's pretty obvious by now that Thomas is the man for the job or his name wouldn't keep coming up. I believe Chubb's is pretty good for a short period of time, but for lengthy events Thomas seems to hold down the fort better than anybody else.

Sadly these have been problems since the beginning and only one organization had it perfect...The NSRA. Too bad the funds weren't around long enough for that one to carry out. Lets hope for future events organizers step up to the plate and cough up a few hundred dollars for well rounded judges and a good announcer .

Stuntwars certainly wasn't a failure, but with the right changes it could have even been a bigger success. I also think that the Team event should have higher payouts and pay to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Shomething like: 1st Team $6000, 2nd Team $3000, 3rd team $1000. This would only apply for extremely large events such as stuntwars. We all know that between the gate fees and rider sign-up fees the event profits were easily around $150,000+.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:25 PM

forcefedfreak is an unknown quantity at this point

That is really weak. In theory, you wouldn't even need a anouncer that knows a whole lot about the sport, just someone who can work a crowd, and knows when to shut up. As long as he knows the rider's name, where he is from/who he rides with, then really nothing else needs to be said. While they are riding let the tricks speak for themselves. Obviously an anouncer educated in the sport will benefit the experience but I do not even see it as necessary.

4. certain riders being given small priveleges because of who they are
that's just stupid, and unprofessional.

I am in awe that this even happend. I would be so infuriated as a rider if this happend to me. Some people spent thousands of dollars to get to florida and compete against "the best" and show the world what they've got. To receive that little respect would have made my blood boil.

BJ was down there riding, and I would call him up to see how **** was going, and he never knew when anything was going on. It seems like they were really unorganized. Sometimes people start something really great, and when more people want to be a part of it, they aren't able to grow. I've never been to a SW so I can't say either way, but from the way it sounds they had too many people, too many riders, and not enough time/staff.

how effing hard is it to add 3 numbers up? bc that is all anyone had to do to get the scores of the riders/teams. makes you wonder what is going on: (14+15+32=61, wow that took me a whole 15 seconds to do!)
C'mon now, you are a teacher, it's easy FOR YOU

I was pissed when my plans to go fell through, but after it was all said and done, it sounds like the best time was had for the riders in the days leading up to the actual competition, and the parties. It doesn't like anyone who was a spectator/rider at the actual event had much of a good time.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:25 PM

That is really weak. In theory, you wouldn't even need a anouncer that knows a whole lot about the sport, just someone who can work a crowd, and knows when to shut up. As long as he knows the rider's name, where he is from/who he rides with, then really nothing else needs to be said. While they are riding let the tricks speak for themselves. Obviously an anouncer educated in the sport will benefit the experience but I do not even see it as necessary.

I am in awe that this even happend. I would be so infuriated as a rider if this happend to me. Some people spent thousands of dollars to get to florida and compete against "the best" and show the world what they've got. To receive that little respect would have made my blood boil.

BJ was down there riding, and I would call him up to see how **** was going, and he never knew when anything was going on. It seems like they were really unorganized. Sometimes people start something really great, and when more people want to be a part of it, they aren't able to grow. I've never been to a SW so I can't say either way, but from the way it sounds they had too many people, too many riders, and not enough time/staff.

how effing hard is it to add 3 numbers up? bc that is all anyone had to do to get the scores of the riders/teams. makes you wonder what is going on: (14+15+32=61, wow that took me a whole 15 seconds to do!)

I was pissed when my plans to go fell through, but after it was all said and done, it sounds like the best time was had for the riders in the days leading up to the actual competition, and the parties. It doesn't like anyone who was a spectator/rider at the actual event had much of a good time.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:26 PM

Old 02-16-2005, 04:34 PM
I Love To Post!

motopsyko32 will become famous soon enough

Another constructive criticism is the track security. Some guy from Ruff Ryders (i wont mention names) decided to ride a wheelie up the track without any gear on just as ItTakes2 was about to do their Tandem sickest trick attempt. It could have been basty had they gone cause Steve was getting ready to wrap his girl around his ghead for the blind wheelie.

Needless to say Colbert said that guy would never attend another stuntwars, but what is really stopping him from going to the next one?

As far as announcing, i feel the same way Teach feels... Too many times did we hear "Its a G rated family event" only to be followed by "TAKE THAT $HIT" or "SHOW ME YOUR *****" or some other crap I wouldnt want my child to have to be subjected to at a younger age.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:35 AM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Robbie can only hope to improve

id love to add to this but people dont like the truth....
pm if needed..a lot are just blind to the real facts.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:19 AM

mekrew is an unknown quantity at this point

robbie just post it before i start slapping u around

Quick Reply: Stuntwars *****ing..Some Observations