Stuntwars *****ing..Some Observations

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 04:52 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

kingtuts can only hope to improve
Re: Stuntwars *****ing..Some Observations

Originally Posted by dirtyrider
WOULD YOU PLEASE STFU!!!
why dont u make me shut up. lil ****in *****. aint no mofudda goin to talk to me like that. u dont know whats good for urself
Old 02-17-2005, 04:57 PM

INeedU2Keepitup is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn sounds like dirty better watch out - he might get ***** slapped !! hah.....
Old 02-17-2005, 05:38 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

kingtuts can only hope to improve

yo yall teach pms right sayin to stop basterdizing his thread. yall think im basterdizing this thread? im just throwin in some love is all.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:48 PM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point

100 percent basterdization.....

SK

Originally Posted by kingtuts
yo yall teach pms right sayin to stop basterdizing his thread. yall think im basterdizing this thread? im just throwin in some love is all.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:25 PM
I Love To Post!

motopsyko32 will become famous soon enough

i could say alot but i'll leave it at:
some of that I agree with some I dont agree with... but then again, i aint nobody in this sport just a spectator... giving a spectators point of view...

I agree most people go to SW to hang with friends and have fun but that shouldnt entail throwing a bowling ball through someones car window or stealing a water truck and driving it into a ditch.. if that is what fun is about then i live a BORING life!
Old 02-17-2005, 06:27 PM

verticalfrank is a decent person

Originally Posted by motopsyko32
damnit you gave in
do'oh
Old 02-17-2005, 06:31 PM

verticalfrank is a decent person

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
c'mon bo, you know i dont take it personally... i know not everyone is going to agree with me. you make some valid points, the mic is a difficult job. it is also just that-a job. i doubt chubbs did it out of the generosity in his heart, he was paid. (and if not, then too bad for him).

i agree with you, that certain guys are going to be easier to hype up, etc...

i dont really wanna get into a discussion about how good or bad the judges were, because by now, it is a mute point and there is always going to be SOME dissatisfaction with the outcome. i will reveal one quote from the riders meetings and then some other facts. "if you crash, you will not qualify"

fact #1: just so its out there: i crashed, i failed to qualify. I EXPECT AND CONTINUE TO EXPECT THIS.

fact#2: riders (and friends of mine) qualified who put their motorbikes on the ground during their run.

fact #3: riders (and friends of mine) placed in the money, but still crashed in the finals.

so how, if you crash and can't qualify, can you crash and still do well in the finals? i thought that a crash was supposed to be the worst thing you could do in your run?? but, i digress, and i've already opened up a can of worms better left untouched.....

sooooo,

i'll leave you with one final thought:

how would you feel if you went out there (after travelling however far, and spending however much money) and busted your *** just as hard as the guy in front of you and the guy behind you, but during your entire run, the announcer was bs'ing with the judges and the crowd, not giving one iota of his attention to what you have worked so hard to perfect. and better yet, he wasnt even bs'ing with the judgeS, he was only bs'ing with ONE judge bc the other judges were no where in sight??

everyone deserves the same fair shake in a competition, regardless of who you know or who your name is.

i'll try and stay out of it from here on, i've already prolly opened my mouth too much, but someone has to say something instead of just watching as everything that is questionable is swept under the rug only to be revealed again at the next comp.

enjoy your day, its still winter where i live!

well said on everything Teach, and I'm glad you speaking up!
Old 02-17-2005, 07:05 PM

forcefedfreak is an unknown quantity at this point

i could say alot but i'll leave it at:
some of that I agree with some I dont agree with... but then again, i aint nobody in this sport just a spectator... giving a spectators point of view...

Doesn't matter if you are a "Somebody" in this sport. At the stage the sport is in right now, you have the ability to have just as much impact, as any of the well-known guys. I think there are a lot of valid points being made in this thread, especially those concerning the advancement of the sport/community. As much BS may have gone down at SW, it seems like a lot of people on here, have the desire to see a change. So that is a good thing :YEAH
Old 02-17-2005, 07:09 PM
Regular StuntLifer

dirtyrider can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by kingtuts
you sound like an uneducated idiot

just shut the fu(k up
Old 02-17-2005, 07:24 PM

Paw Paw is an unknown quantity at this point

the next competition I go to, I'm filming the riders meeting. I was informed by one of the judges that there is a difference between crashing and dropping. That's why it didn't matter. lol I'm glad that was clarified.

Paw Paw
Old 02-17-2005, 07:26 PM

J.C. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
I posted this in another thread, but i figured i'd give it it's own:

Chubbs blew goats on the mic all weekend, and like i've said before, you can quote me on that one...and just so everyone knows who is talking ****, it is me, Chris McNeil, or as EVERYONE knows me: TEACH.

it was so bad, my girlfriend left the indiv. freestyle finals to go sit in the truck.

i dont care about anything he said about girls or any other 'innapropriate' stuff, i'm talking about the distinct difference in the attention that was paid to different riders.

Some things that i observed while watching the indiv finals from the stands (a unique perspective for us riders, i challenge all of you to try it sometime) that struck a nerve which screamed horseshit:

1. chubs amping up the crowd for certain riders that he is tight with, or whatever
2. chubs not even talking about certain riders while they rode, instead talking about stupid stuff to the crowd, taking their attention away from the rider
3. chubs talking to the judges while runs were going on behind him and them
4. certain riders being given small priveledges because of who they are
5. judges talking on cell phones during runs
6. only one out of three judges being present during runs
7. judges talking to chubbs during runs, obviouslly not paying attention to what was gonig on in front of them
8. being told we are using 'xsba' rules, only to see the score sheets with categories crossed out
9. the scores NOT being announced until 2hours after the event, in both indiv freestyle and team freestyle

how effing hard is it to add 3 numbers up? bc that is all anyone had to do to get the scores of the riders/teams. makes you wonder what is going on: (14+15+32=61, wow that took me a whole 15 seconds to do!) although i will say that it is hard to add up numbers when the judges arent even there to give scores, or maybe there is a special system no one knows about that requires extensive calculations to determine a 'winner'. not really accusing anyone of anything, but it certainly makes you skeptical...i guess if you don't announce the scores in a timely manner, you have little to worry about what the scores really are, you can just go with your 'gut feeling'... makes sense to me.

i had a great time at SW, meeting new people, and hanging out with old friends. i have no personal complaints, however, there seems to be a lot of BS with just about every Florida competition, every year. it is not that hard to figure out. mad props to team xtreem for putting this thing together, but isht, some simple solutions to some big problems from my point of view.

Thomas should have been on the mic NO QUESTIONS ASKED-his reputation preceeds him on this one...

how hard is it to get an impartial emcee and judges (nothing but love for the boyz and bid dave) who are actually present and paying attention during the competition???

thanks for your time,

Teach

ps. i will reiterate, i have no personal complaints just some general ones...and i got respect for all those involved with this event. so dont even try and attack me from any of those angles
hey now you know why i didnt even show up to win stoppie hahahahaha

i knew it would suck thats why i didnt even go

ill have to meet you some other time :YEAH

lata
Old 02-17-2005, 08:10 PM

COOP 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Damon]i love this stunt chit and everyone has good points and everyone has an opinion BUT reality will always be. . . . . if you don't get someone announcing and running the shows in a PROFESSIONAL manner, then the sport is gonna suffer and I don't think any of us want that to happen.

Good thoughts from everyone, I love this sport and it's gonna take some steppin' up in the image department to make things right and take this sport to the next level.

Well Said...
Old 02-17-2005, 08:48 PM
www.myspace.com/emrock

Emrock is a decent person

im glad i dint get to compete im so pissed off
Old 02-17-2005, 09:02 PM
2 Up or Shut Up

wheeliesteve is an unknown quantity at this point

Another constructive criticism is the track security. Some guy from Ruff Ryders (i wont mention names) decided to ride a wheelie up the track without any gear on just as ItTakes2 was about to do their Tandem sickest trick attempt. It could have been basty had they gone cause Steve was getting ready to wrap his girl around his ghead for the blind wheelie.

Needless to say Colbert said that guy would never attend another stuntwars, but what is really stopping him from going to the next one?

As far as announcing, i feel the same way Teach feels... Too many times did we hear "Its a G rated family event" only to be followed by "TAKE THAT $HIT" or "SHOW ME YOUR *****" or some other crap I wouldnt want my child to have to be subjected to at a younger age.
i didn't even find out about that until afterwards. thank god cause i can't see a thing during that trick. the thing i thought was wrong during the announcing besides the language was the throwing out of free stuff during peoples runs. it took away from the rider who was trying his hardest to put together a run to have attention diverted away from them just cause they're throwin' out a free dvd.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:44 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

i didnt make it to stuntwars but reading about all the bad **** that went off bothers me,the whole "gangsta thug" image of stunting isnt getting us anywhere and is getting washed up very quickly,events this big have impacts think about MX races/freestyle events..what would happen if they had an MC cursing on the mic the whole event,then everyone that had to do with the event left and went around ****ing **** up and getting arrested would that be good for their sport? no it wouldnt,but it wouldnt totally mess things up because its a big sport,it draws crowds and makes money,but for something as small as stunting and on the up come id say its very impacting...the last thing we need is negitive attention on our part,ive stopped ****ing around in traffic on my bike because i knew it was making more and more people think stunters are nothing but bad. i think next year things need to be better planned and better controled. IMO
Old 02-17-2005, 10:04 PM

snigg is an unknown quantity at this point

whens the next northeast comp?
Old 02-17-2005, 10:32 PM

GoYZF6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anybody else remember that after the RR guy wheelied across the track that chubzz started talking **** about him and telling him to "bring it" because he was right there and he wasn't skeered. WTH? I was sitting in the stands and just couldn't believe what a moron he was. You're gonna argue on the mic like that? Made no sense at all. I went to SW last year also and I think it was Todd Colbert on the mic, it was much better.
BTW, I live in Lakeland and all the BS at the hotel and **** did was make trouble for us locals. Thanks guys
Old 02-17-2005, 10:33 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

i quit.....
Old 02-18-2005, 02:07 AM
OGStunter

Todd Colbert is an unknown quantity at this point

To everyone I like to hear the bad that is the only way we can fix it next year WILL NOT HAVE THESE ISSUES I was at a event in New York and The TEACH was announcing and we where judging I think that was a great combination that part of the event went smooth so I vote Teach on the MIC Stuntwars 2006, Sorry for any problems that may have occured but they will be fixed for next year. (Growing Pains)
Todd Colbert

Quick Reply: Stuntwars *****ing..Some Observations