I Love To Post!

motopsyko32 will become famous soon enough
Re: Stuntwars *****ing..Some Observations

robbie just post it here....
Old 02-17-2005, 08:57 AM

korno1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by forcefedfreak
That is really weak. In theory, you wouldn't even need a anouncer that knows a whole lot about the sport, just someone who can work a crowd, and knows when to shut up. As long as he knows the rider's name, where he is from/who he rides with, then really nothing else needs to be said. While they are riding let the tricks speak for themselves. Obviously an anouncer educated in the sport will benefit the experience but I do not even see it as necessary.

that's just stupid, and unprofessional.

I am in awe that this even happend. I would be so infuriated as a rider if this happend to me. Some people spent thousands of dollars to get to florida and compete against "the best" and show the world what they've got. To receive that little respect would have made my blood boil.

BJ was down there riding, and I would call him up to see how **** was going, and he never knew when anything was going on. It seems like they were really unorganized. Sometimes people start something really great, and when more people want to be a part of it, they aren't able to grow. I've never been to a SW so I can't say either way, but from the way it sounds they had too many people, too many riders, and not enough time/staff.

C'mon now, you are a teacher, it's easy FOR YOU

I was pissed when my plans to go fell through, but after it was all said and done, it sounds like the best time was had for the riders in the days leading up to the actual competition, and the parties. It doesn't like anyone who was a spectator/rider at the actual event had much of a good time.
first off the mc should have a decent knowledge of the sport and the riders
chubbs down there wasnt that great of an annoucer he was decent in the begining then fell apart as the day went on a real mc should be able to keep the crowds attention during the riding and in between hence "THOMAS FOR MC EVERYWHERE"

for bj not knowing what was going on then i dont know what he was doing at the riders meetings both days they told us how the events were gonna go and the staff held up to it both days nothing to my knowledge changed in which they origionally told us

and for the best times of sw is always leading up to the event meeting new people goofing off getting ****ed up anyone will tell u that the best time for me was when me and emrock came in 3rd gear tapped and were doing power skids for like 300feet

so dont come on here and start saying **** when all u were doing was sitting at home pulling ur pud and hearing **** from bj and dont come hear bashing teach and try re qouting him when Teach is one of the smartest people on how a show should be runned, what a crowd wants to see, and how it all should go down

KORNO
Old 02-17-2005, 10:49 AM

honda4life is an unknown quantity at this point

I noticed a few things as well that really pissed me off. First off the way the announcers.. no names .... were taking away attention from all the riders while they were doing their run by throwing out dvds and magazines. I was like WTF is that. no one is even watching teh guy ride cause they all want free stuff instead. and i personally dont agree with the results of the tandem event. good thing favoritism des not apply in this sport huh? lol

Dont get me wrong i had a blast at la quinta and all, but i have to say my about the way we riders and spectators represent the sport bike world. On this site it seems like everyone wants to push this sport, make it known, have a good reputation, but how are we going to do that when we reck hotels and bowling alleys and do dumb isht everywhere? I undersand if there are a couple guys being jackasses on the bikes arounf town.... its on them..... but when ya have several hundred bikers going to a small town to have a competition that is making this sport known, and go and trash the town and the hotels and have the cops and fire trucks there, and ruin bowling alleys and brealk isht... how is that a positive note for the sport? all it does is give EVERYONE who rides a bad name. a bunch of hooligans. and is that really what we want? Like i said I had a blast dont get me wrong i just think that when we have a big even no matter where it is, we need to be a little more responsible about it.

ANd on one more note... Yeah i heard all the G rated stuff for the show, I was wondrering what the parents were thinkin as their 5 year old sits there and see girls flashin and people swearing and all. theres a time and place for all of it and Stuntwars was not it.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:55 AM

implict is an unknown quantity at this point

1st time for me at stunt warz.... It was awsome... but the guy "chubz"......
man.... how many times could a person say ruff ruff ruff ryders in 1 day...

other than that he had the crowed pretty amped up.

all and all it was a good exp. Just waiting on some extra $$$$$ for another bike so i dont **** up my r1 anymore.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:04 AM
I Love To Post!

Originally Posted by honda4life

Dont get me wrong i had a blast at la quinta and all, but i have to say my about the way we riders and spectators represent the sport bike world. On this site it seems like everyone wants to push this sport, make it known, have a good reputation, but how are we going to do that when we reck hotels and bowling alleys and do dumb isht everywhere? I undersand if there are a couple guys being jackasses on the bikes arounf town.... its on them..... but when ya have several hundred bikers going to a small town to have a competition that is making this sport known, and go and trash the town and the hotels and have the cops and fire trucks there, and ruin bowling alleys and brealk isht... how is that a positive note for the sport? all it does is give EVERYONE who rides a bad name. a bunch of hooligans. and is that really what we want? Like i said I had a blast dont get me wrong i just think that when we have a big even no matter where it is, we need to be a little more responsible about it.
this right here sums up the way i feel as well and the way im sure most of Lakeland feels....

How would yall like it if the water truck woulda plowed into your bike or car? Or if you wake up to find a bownling ball being put through your window for no reason? STUPID.. PLAIN STUPID!
Old 02-17-2005, 11:15 AM
Regular StuntLifer

LarryJDJr is an unknown quantity at this point

I know it was advertised as a family even but when you get that many people together at one venue form so many different walks of life it is going to be impossible to keep it rated G. I wasn't too impressed with the announcer because he did keep getting attention away from the riders during their runs. Another thing that sucked was unless you were in the stands at the front of the track you couldn't hear what the hell was going on. The no-rentry was bullshit....let me repeat....BULLSHIT! I would have stayed all day and probably bought some **** from the vendors but they said I would have to pay again if I went home and got my truck so I said **** it and just left because I had to take a dump.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:40 AM
I Love To Post!

other venues (basketball, football, baseball, fmx, etc) have a bigger diverse crowd and the announcers keep it clean
Old 02-17-2005, 11:56 AM

forcefedfreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by korno1
first off the mc should have a decent knowledge of the sport and the riders
chubbs down there wasnt that great of an annoucer he was decent in the begining then fell apart as the day went on a real mc should be able to keep the crowds attention during the riding and in between hence "THOMAS FOR MC EVERYWHERE"
I agree, that having an announcer that knows the sport is beneficial, but my point was that there are plenty of people that know a lot about the sport, but shouldn't be handed a mic, where as there are people who can work a crowd regardless of what the event is, and are professional on a microphone. From what I heard, chubz was not that.

for bj not knowing what was going on then i dont know what he was doing at the riders meetings both days they told us how the events were gonna go and the staff held up to it both days nothing to my knowledge changed in which they origionally told us

I just meant, when I talked to him he said he didn't know if he qualified, because they didn't let the riders know what was going on, and that qualifying was scheduled for saturday, and it ran over into Sunday. I don't think BJ was ever confused as a rider, they way I perceived things from talking to him, was that there was way more riders/people then they had expected and were a bit unoragnized. So please understand that this is my interpretation not his.

so dont come on here and start saying **** when all u were doing was sitting at home pulling ur pud and hearing **** from bj and dont come hear bashing teach and try re qouting him when Teach is one of the smartest people on how a show should be runned, what a crowd wants to see, and how it all should go down

KORNO
I'm really confused about this man. Teach posted a thread in a public forum. You're right I wasn't there, that doesn't meant I do not have a right to discuss the events that took place during stuntwars. If anything I am only discussing the lack of proffesionalism displayed by some of the staff at SW, which is one of (if not) the biggest event in the stunt community.
I want to see this sport grow as much as the next guy, but it will be hard to do that, if the people putting on the events dont' have their **** together. Teach said the judges weren't paying attention, basically all I said was, hey that is ****ing stupid. I didn't bash Teach at all. I agreed with him, and just commented on what he said...which is what you do in an online forum. And again you're right I wasn't there, but like you said Teach is one of the smartest guys doing this ****, and he made it seem like there was some really weak stuff going down.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:56 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by motopsyko32
other venues (basketball, football, baseball, fmx, etc) have a bigger diverse crowd and the announcers keep it clean
That's true. I mean you see those types of events on TV all day every day. And stunt competitions are on at least....ohhh...once a year. The venues you have mention are main-stream sports. The extreme stunt riding I would say is still more 'underground' so there is not as much pressure to keep it 'clean'.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:05 PM
I Love To Post!

Originally Posted by LarryJDJr
That's true. I mean you see those types of events on TV all day every day. And stunt competitions are on at least....ohhh...once a year. The venues you have mention are main-stream sports. The extreme stunt riding I would say is still more 'underground' so there is not as much pressure to keep it 'clean'.
exactly and by cursing every other word and nudity at the show, it will stay underground and never become mainstream. Granted there is only so many tricks that can be done on a bike, but the style and delivery and the danger is what makes it appealing and gives it a chance to become bigger...
Old 02-17-2005, 12:11 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by motopsyko32
exactly and by cursing every other word and nudity at the show, it will stay underground and never become mainstream. Granted there is only so many tricks that can be done on a bike, but the style and delivery and the danger is what makes it appealing and gives it a chance to become bigger...
That's true. And something about it definately needs to change.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:36 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

I agree with some of the things regarding activities taking place on and off the track that are somewhat detrimental to our sport...however, you gotta expect a certain amount of stuff like this. i simply choose to go hang out in the hotel room and keep my nose clean-i gotta rep to protect and a job that i love.

the main point of my thread was to bring attention to my frustration with SIMPLE bs things that seem to continually happen at events such as this. you have a lot of hypocritical stuff going on, or so it seems to me. i could go into more details, specifically about the indiv freestyle and 'not crashing' but then i will sound like a real whiner, and that is far from the point of my post.

during a rider's run, the attention should be on the rider, not the ***** in the audience, the free tshirts/dvds, your cell phone, your yo-yo, or anything else for that matter. the favortism that is apparent to me (maybe i'm just biased, or dont know what i am talking about, but i tend to think not) burns my *** beyond belief!

if you want to take a look at how ANY event should be run, how the riders should carry themselves, how the judging and scoring should be, and generally how to put on a successful event that will propel this sport into the next level, then you need to look no farther than ken abbott and the xsba. the xsba is not perfect, but at least you know what you are getting involved with beforehand - instead of rules being changed, favorites being shown, and mayhem being encouraged or ignored. i hate so say it, but mainstream = corporate...and until we impress the corporate world, we will continue to attend 'wars' and 'fests' that make money for a select few, but never really get us anywhere.

stuntwarz is a great event with some great coverage nationally for our sport and i'll be there again next year to win, but the innerworkings of the event need some serious attention imho....the atmosphere surrounding the event (hotels, bowling ally, etc) is also detrimental to us as a whole, although some of it is to be expected.

this thread was meant to provoke some thought and express SOME of my frustrations...keep the discussion going.

i'll stop now before it gets nasty! lol
Old 02-17-2005, 12:44 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
during a rider's run, the attention should be on the rider, not the ***** in the audience, the free tshirts/dvds, your cell phone, your yo-yo, or anything else for that matter.
Yeah I left my yo-yo at home this year for just that reason. Good post Teach and I agree with everything you are saying.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:45 PM

meech is an unknown quantity at this point

funny...the girls go to see the riders and everyone else go to see the girls...it's a vicious cycle
Old 02-17-2005, 01:16 PM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Man I have been sitting back reading these posts for a few days now and although I did not make it to stuntwars a few things I read really bothered me...

1. I heard more about the afterhours bullshiat than I did of the actual event. Why is that?

2. Do some of you really feel that this last stunt wars did anything to advance the stunt scene image ? I mean bowling ball thru a car window, hot wiring a water tank truck, mad chaos, palm tree on fire, vulgar language on the mic, questionable judging and the list goes on..Personally after reading some of this I was disgusted and ashamed to even be a part of the stunt scene. How the hell does a bowling ball thru a car window help us ? What kind of image does that really send out ? For some reason it seems there are certain individuals who believe that the freestyle scene should be tied, wrapped and presented in a JACKASS the sequel cover...All the complaining I have heard over the last 2 years of being a SL member of how the stunt scene is not getting the major breaks and the sport is not getting anywhere...well is this really a suprise ?

Who the hell would want to sponsor any stunt team after hearing stories like this...Once again a perfect example of a few spoiling it for many...

SK
Old 02-17-2005, 01:25 PM
Group Moderator

BTBent is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like im glad i didnt break the bank to make it this year.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:29 PM

Boughetto is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems like it is always the same issues going on after every event. You would think for one of the biggest events around, they would get it right? Not comparing or anything, bc we all know how different we are from them, but imagine if this was a big Harley event? There would be fooling around, but while also maintaining a fairly professional mood. This sport cant be taken seriously with this kind of nonsense going on.

On the other hand, lots of this stuff is common sense, which isnt always so common....
Old 02-17-2005, 02:08 PM
Group Moderator

Manubi is an unknown quantity at this point

the after hours did get a lil out of hand in my oppinion.

its somewhat expected...but dam...

random chaos everywhere !

this is proably why daytona bike week has soo many cops now.... you cant even sit at the gas station with out getting in troubble at bike week. wtf ?

i hope sw never gets out of hand with the cops lik ebike week is....

on another note...

did anybody ride after stunt wars fri sat or sunday ? or was there just random chaos at the hotels n chit ?
Old 02-17-2005, 02:32 PM
Registered Stunter

Metzger is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't notice the judges but I think the announcing was really a problem. "Make some noise" over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over..... And the "street-fight-eeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrz" got old fast too.

Quick Reply: Stuntwars *****ing..Some Observations