tickets check this s!@# out !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 02:45 PM

Big Brother is a decent person
Re: tickets check this s!@# out !!!!

Originally Posted by NovaMan
what we all need is "professional licenses" ya know get pulled over for doing wheelies and bust out the license and say. No no no its ok im a professional i know what im doing! lol.

:YEAH
Old 02-06-2005, 03:06 PM

jbad is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: tickets check this s!@# out !!!!

Originally Posted by MSE_STUNNERZ
I don't know about all that but it seems like you would waste more money fighting that ticket in court than it would be just to pay it off and ask nicely for it not to go on your record.

i still have to argue with cops about riding at a private property with permission from the owners. Cops are ********. THE END

WERE IN TX FOOL!
Old 02-06-2005, 09:09 PM

twinisin is an unknown quantity at this point

being polite works...sometimes. Cop got me, so I approached him with an attitude like he's my neighbour..."Oh man...you got me. And I almost made it home (laughing)". After that I've seen his attitude change towards me. He actually complimented me on my wheelie, after a 15 minute lecture on how I shouldn't be doin' this on public roads, especially in the rain. Cops don't always pick on us doin' wheelies within the speed limit...just don't talk on the cell phone at the same time.But if you get a ticket, fight it. Half the time they don't show up for court.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:04 PM

JIGGAMAN0690 is an unknown quantity at this point

well all i have to say is that i was aressted for a felony evading arrest w/motor vehicle. and mis. wreckless driving....... it cost too much you can be arrested for doing a wheelie. its all UP to the COP!!! i repeat all up to the COP........case by case you do a wheelie within city limits you chances are greater you will be arrested... but you do one down on some farm road with very light traffic you may walk away with any hassle. stick to parking lots and private property all the cops can do is tell you to LEAVE just dont do BURNOUTS thats damage to private property the DA can and will proscute you!!!!!
Old 02-07-2005, 08:29 PM

twinisin is an unknown quantity at this point

burnouts...never thought about that. Good advice for all. No burnouts on private property or parkinglots...save those for traffic jams where no-one will chase you unless they are in a helicopter just kiddin
Old 02-07-2005, 09:33 PM
DNFstunt

Regstunts is a decent person

ALWAYS get a lawyer. Don't just pay the fine, or think you can fight it yourself. If its a serious charge, take it seriously.

I just paid $450 for a lawyer to get rid of my careless. He found a clarical error, and its gone. I never would have found that in the system. The fine was $325 and 6 points on my license (You have a total of 16 here in ON)
Old 02-08-2005, 08:45 PM

USStuntRiders is an unknown quantity at this point

good post, but about 3 weeks to late for me.

-"B.S."
Old 02-08-2005, 09:01 PM

Spencer75south is an unknown quantity at this point

lawyers are deff. a plus.... does anyone know any good ones in the dallas, texas area?
Old 02-08-2005, 09:25 PM

mekrew is an unknown quantity at this point

i heard that here in houston or tx they have a law about wheelies
Old 02-08-2005, 11:36 PM

samson is an unknown quantity at this point

that would not work in houston
Old 02-09-2005, 01:13 AM

umac13 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is from the Texas Transportation Code:

§ 545.401. RECKLESS DRIVING; OFFENSE. (a) A person
commits an offense if the person drives a vehicle in wilful or
wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property
(b) An offense under this section is a misdemeanor
punishable by:
(1) a fine not to exceed $200;
(2) confinement in county jail for not more than 30
days; or
(3) both the fine and the confinement.
(c) Notwithstanding Section 542.001, this section applies
to:
(1) a private access way or parking area provided for a
client or patron by a business, other than a private residential
property or the property of a garage or parking lot for which a
charge is made for the storing or parking of motor vehicles; and
(2) a highway or other public place.
(d) Notwithstanding Section 542.004, this section applies
to a person, a team, or motor vehicles and other equipment engaged
in work on a highway surface.

Per this info, not trying to bust anyone's bubble, you can get a ticket for doing a wheelie. The key words are "wilful" and "wanton."
Old 02-09-2005, 01:19 AM

umac13 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's in Texas. Don't know about other states.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:35 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

In Missouri, we have different ticket names:
Careless And Imprudent---careless operation, usually given after an accident
Reckless Endangerment---similar charge, except you are endangering someone else's health, other drivers, passengers, people on sidewalk,......
Exhibition Operation---anything a cop feels is unnecesary operation- sitting on your tank, skitchin off the side of your bike, laying acrossed your seats, riding with no hands on the handlebars, burnouts, standing on the seat/tank........

I've had a CNI and exhibition in one shot for a tank wheelie, without having an accident and had to go to court for it...........family lawyer got it dropped, but could have been expensive!

As far as control on one wheel, yes alot of people can control a bike better on one wheel than some can on 2, but that same person could control better if on 2, when talking about brakes, maneuvering,.........

If you wheelie-- you are going to get harassed, going to get tickets, and going to get run off from places you have permission to be! The best thing you can do is be honest and have a good attitude when talking to the cop....it will help avoid a ticket with a lot of cops...........

..........me and a buddy got our bikes out last week and made 2-3 runs up and down the hwy around town, as we were pulling in to his house a cop pulled up and asked if we were the black and red bikes doing wheelies on the highway, weaving in and out of traffic, and speeding excessively. We told him we didn't speed excessively or weave in and out of traffic, He grinned and asked us to do him a favor and knock it off. He was cool because we weren't a **** about it!!!
Old 02-09-2005, 02:49 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

If they dont catch you it does'nt count right?
Old 02-09-2005, 06:13 AM
LMB

LMB is an unknown quantity at this point

There is NO WAY that someone in MD or VA got off a neg. or reckless ticket by saying that they had control of the motorcycle while on one wheel.VA has some of the most strick motor vehicle laws they will send you to jail for 20 over the speedlimit.
In MD and VA neg and reck does NOT mean that you have crashed or caused a crash. It means that "due caution" was not used.
I don't know about other states but that **** wont work in MD or VA
Old 02-09-2005, 10:12 AM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LMB
There is NO WAY that someone in MD or VA got off a neg. or reckless ticket by saying that they had control of the motorcycle while on one wheel.VA has some of the most strick motor vehicle laws they will send you to jail for 20 over the speedlimit.
In MD and VA neg and reck does NOT mean that you have crashed or caused a crash. It means that "due caution" was not used.
I don't know about other states but that **** wont work in MD or VA
dude i got off three of my ticket from that arument my luwer stated that in court to the officer and the officer agreed that i looked preaty incontroll now i was on back roads were there are few and far between cars so that helps as well if i was in the mittle of trafic ya they would have probly stuck
Old 02-09-2005, 10:17 AM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by umac13
This is from the Texas Transportation Code:

§ 545.401. RECKLESS DRIVING; OFFENSE. (a) A person
commits an offense if the person drives a vehicle in wilful or
wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property
(b) An offense under this section is a misdemeanor
punishable by:
(1) a fine not to exceed $200;
(2) confinement in county jail for not more than 30
days; or
(3) both the fine and the confinement.
(c) Notwithstanding Section 542.001, this section applies
to:
(1) a private access way or parking area provided for a
client or patron by a business, other than a private residential
property or the property of a garage or parking lot for which a
charge is made for the storing or parking of motor vehicles; and
(2) a highway or other public place.
(d) Notwithstanding Section 542.004, this section applies
to a person, a team, or motor vehicles and other equipment engaged
in work on a highway surface.

Per this info, not trying to bust anyone's bubble, you can get a ticket for doing a wheelie. The key words are "wilful" and "wanton."
this law dose not specafie that you can not do a wheelie though basicily what it says i a cop can be a ****in **** head and give you a ticket any were any time even if you have permition to be in that parkin lot also i spoke to some cops around here and learned something new lets say you own a peace of land tha has an acor of paved lot you are out there on you property doing wheelies and these m!@#er ****ers can give you a recless driving on you own property is that no some messed up **** i gess the only way to do wheelies and not get cought is do them any were and when a cop dose come dip on him ftp!!!!
Old 02-09-2005, 05:21 PM
LMB

LMB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hyperryder
dude i got off three of my ticket from that arument my luwer stated that in court to the officer and the officer agreed that i looked preaty incontroll now i was on back roads were there are few and far between cars so that helps as well if i was in the mittle of trafic ya they would have probly stuck
I sitll call VA and MD both have neg and reckless clauses that do NOT say anything about accidents....that means that you can be negligent and/or reckless without being in an accident. **** 75 mph on the Beltway is reckless in VA (that means that you can go to jail right from there depending on the cop, over 90mph and you go straight to jail) and you cant just pay a fine.20over in VA you have to go to court and there is a 90% chance of jail time(the ONLY time's I have ever seen someone not go to jail for reckless in VA was when I was in uniform when I went to jail and when a chick was 8 1/2 months pregnant and the court didnt want the liability of delivering a baby in jail)
So if what you say is true (you must be in the sticks boardering Kentucky) just consider yourself lucky that the Judge and cop were both stupid as ****. I have 3 friends that tried the same "defense" in VA and the judge gave them the maximum penality for being idiots by stating that a motorcycle was "under control" while on one wheel.I dont ride in VA anymore because they are so bad....and if you get a chance call up and get a copy of the court transcript that way my boys can go back and get their records set straight. Thanks
Old 02-09-2005, 08:53 PM

shft600 is an unknown quantity at this point

here in alberta you can get a ticket for doing anything that distracts other drivers...and I'm sure they could load a whole crapload more on to that as well
Old 02-09-2005, 09:02 PM

flip3587 is an unknown quantity at this point

my the cops dont like us...period, so reguardless of what laws we do actually know they will still get us with something, there is no point in attempting to fight it...so why even bother stopping

Quick Reply: tickets check this s!@# out !!!!