We are fucked!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 06:13 PM

PRESTON is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Jason Britton
I agree with Tyson These busnisses exist to make money not friends and when they realize the $$$$$$$ that's slipping out the door their minds will change quickly,now as for the idea of making a video strictly say on a dragstrip or airplane runway it will do just what the European videos do FLOP!!!!!!! like a fish out of water I have plenty of experience in the department of making video's successfully sales wise success will come from footage stunting all over the place streets dragstrips stunt shows etc......the fact is people watch video's for two reasons #1 entertainment & #2 To live and learn through the riders in the video's so until there are legitimate stunt park's nationwide/worldwide for that matter keep it real stunt where you ride & ride where you stunt
In my remarks to closed courses. I am talking about runways, stunt shows and dragstrips. Not off limits to the public.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:22 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person
Dude that's the same reply I got and many other's, I have quit buying from cycle gear, if they wont support me why should I buy from them??
Old 02-20-2003, 02:30 AM
I love all hot women!!!

Goose is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by sclevela
well here is a copy of the reply i got from them for my letter to the ceo on this topic ------------

Scott,

...Think what that does to the image and future of the sport?

David Bertram CEO
Think of where this sport started in the STARBOYZ backyard and in Cuyohoga Falls, OH...................on the STREET breakin the law in every video!!!

WHAT HAS CHANGED for them to all of a sudden stop selling starboyz vids or any other for that matter?

Goose
Old 02-20-2003, 02:57 AM
FREESTYLE ARTIST

Tony D is an unknown quantity at this point
I SAY YA JUST WALK INTO THE SHOP, PICK OUT THE BIGGEST GUY THAT WORKS THERE AND JUST KNOCK EM THE **** OUT!!!!! OBVIOUSLY THERE ARE RISKS INVOLVED. BUT YOUR LITTLE *** IS QUICK ENOUGH TO GET AWAY!!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2003, 04:25 AM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by Ant MIST
I SAY YA JUST WALK INTO THE SHOP, PICK OUT THE BIGGEST GUY THAT WORKS THERE AND JUST KNOCK EM THE **** OUT!!!!! OBVIOUSLY THERE ARE RISKS INVOLVED. BUT YOUR LITTLE *** IS QUICK ENOUGH TO GET AWAY!!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2003, 04:38 AM

GEISTSTAR is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Jason Britton
I agree with Tyson These busnisses exist to make money not friends and when they realize the $$$$$$$ that's slipping out the door their minds will change quickly,now as for the idea of making a video strictly say on a dragstrip or airplane runway it will do just what the European videos do FLOP!!!!!!! like a fish out of water I have plenty of experience in the department of making video's successfully sales wise success will come from footage stunting all over the place streets dragstrips stunt shows etc......the fact is people watch video's for two reasons #1 entertainment & #2 To live and learn through the riders in the video's so until there are legitimate stunt park's nationwide/worldwide for that matter keep it real stunt where you ride & ride where you stunt
------------------------------YA TELL ME ABOUT IT --I JUST WATCHED THAT KEVIN CHARMICHALE FAST AND FURIOUS VID GODDAM MOTHA FUKA I FELL ASLEEP IN THA MIDDLE!!!! IT WAS 4 IN THA AFTERNOON!!!! BETWEEN THA SAME BACK GROUND AND THA SAFE AIROPLANE STRIP AND THAT MUSIC -I WAS HOPIN THA VCR WOULD EAT IT!!!! IF THA VID AINT STREET IT WILL NOT SELL!!! KEEP IT REAL AND WERE IT GOT US HERE NOW THA BEST WILL NEVER REST!!!!! THA STARBOY VIDS THA FIRST PACKAGED VIDS IN THIS COUNTRY ---OUR RUFF RYDER ANTHEM VID THAT WAS ALL OVA MTV AND MAIN STREAM TV EVRY WERE -RYDE OR DIE SHUT EM DOWN IN 98----AND THA FIRST ACROBAT VID LVX--THESE NEW VIDS ARE SO BOARIN THEY AINT SELLIN LIKE STARBOY --RUFF RYDER AND LVX----U CAN BUY THA RR VIDS IN BEST BUY!!! THEY AINT GONNA MOVE 1 OF THEM EURO VIDS!!! JASON IS SO RITE!
Old 02-20-2003, 12:54 PM
Regular StuntLifer

WestCoast Films is an unknown quantity at this point
well, i havent gotten an official information from them as of right now, but my question is if they're pulling the steetbike stuff shouldnt they be pulling the crusty's vids and all those other dirt vids that show 'illegal activities' ?

last time i checked, it was illegal to drive a dirtbike down a city street......or push a vehicle off a cliff.....etc.

if their goal is to prevent the circulating of videos showing 'illegal activities' , i think they'd have to pull every video from every genre off their shelves.

in my opinion, i think they're really trying to make a weak point with this.....i mean, could you see 7-11's stop carrying cigarettes cause they've been proven to kill?
i can see it now "In order to protect your right to live, we will not sell any cigarettes that depicts blatantly bad cancers ."

or maybe the movie industry will crack down on films that show serial killers in them, because they want to protect your right to not see someone get killed on screen.....gimme a break, last time i checked, you could rent 'Faces of Death' at your local Blockbuster in every burb across the U.S.

ok...i've vented off the B.S. now......lemme address this from a sport, and a lifestyle side of things...

i'm sure some of you guys like to snowboard...did you know that back in the late 80's, snowboarding at ski resorts was illegal at over 80% of them? snowboarders were labeled as 'extremist punks who are destined to ruin the slopes for everyone' . snow boarders weren't allowed to ride the best runs, treated like crap because they weren't promoting ski resorts in a way the 'resorts' wanted them selves to be portrayed.....fast forward to today...snowboarding is a friggin olympic sport now, tons of sponsors beg for danny kass to wear their stuff, and promote their brands, etc. sure it took some time, but now i dont think you can find a ski resort that *doesnt* have some sort of facility for boarders.....how did this happen? a small group of the top dogs in the snowboarding movement got together and came up with a plan to get it more widely accepted by the mainstream....the rest is history.

what am i trying to say? i'm saying that in order to understand whats happening to us and the current state of the sport/entertainment, you need to look a little at the history of other "extreme" sports and how they got to where they are at today....thats how we've formulated our plans, and it has payed off up til now, and it will from here on out.

anyways, cycle gear is whack....i'm shopping somewhere else where the owners have some backbone and will listen to the voices of the many and not focus on voice of the few.

-tyson
WestCoast Filmworks

Last edited by WestCoast Films; 02-20-2003 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-20-2003, 01:21 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by WestCoast Films
[BWell, i havent gotten an official information from them as of right now, but my question is if they're pulling the steetbike stuff shouldnt they be pulling the crusty's vids and all those other dirt vids that show 'illegal activities' ?

If their goal is to prevent the circulating of videos showing 'illegal activities' , i think they'd have to pull every video from every genre off their shelves.

These guys are whack....i'm shopping somewhere else where the owners have some backbone

-tyson
WestCoast Filmworks [/B]
Good Points Tyson! However, gathering information from the above "Auto-response" that Cycle gear is sending out it appears that they are your typical "Insurance" *****.

Take a Look:

Originally posted by sclevela
well here is a copy of the reply i got from them for my letter to the ceo on this topic ------------

"Scott,

We’ve got absolutely nothing against stoppies, wheelies, or stunts or any kind; as a matter of fact some of these guys have truly amazing skills. What we do have a problem with is that these stunts are for the most part performed on public roads and freeways. Not only are these riders breaking the law but they are endangering innocent people as well. Think what that does to the image and future of the sport? ***Increased law enforcement, higher insurance rates, maybe even laws banning sport bikes altogether are just some of the possible future outcomes***.

Trust us, this was a difficult decision, but our passion for sport bikes made it clear that we would have to take a stand on this particular issue. In order to ***protect your right to ride, we will not sell any video/DVD that depicts blatantly illegal activities***. We truly hope that you’ll understand and continue to shop at Cycle Gear.

David Bertram

CEO"
I am willing to bet that if everybody had to pay for Insurance on Dirt Bikes like they do for street bikes they would pull the Crusty videos as well. Personally I think they are making a stupid "Business" decission and will probably realize this in the near future. If not, the best move we can make is not to buy from them like Darius and others have mentioned. I doubt this will make much of an impact, but at this point it is al we can do. I especially like the part where is says "In Order To Protect Your right To Ride" .
Old 02-21-2003, 01:03 AM
I Like Boobies!

Vertical_Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
I submitted my thoughts to "CEO Dave" at Cycle gear.
I think a boycott is the only way to go about this, at all of their shops nation wide.

Their are enough of us here on stuntlife and out on the streets that probably make up a PANT LOAD of their business.

BTW: I didn't use the term "PANT LOAD" in my letter cycle gear.

Mike
Old 02-21-2003, 04:39 PM
Regular StuntLifer

JPFREESTYLE is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down FCG **** Cycle Gear!

We should get a list of names of all the people who will not buy anything from Cycle Gear and send it to the CEO there and see what he thinks about it. I bet if we get enough names on the list he will be second guessing his decision. They want to screw us out of money then we will just turn them around and do the same thing to them (with no KY).
Old 02-21-2003, 06:12 PM
CAT

CAT is an unknown quantity at this point
This may be the "reality" of now. But 3yrs ago....wasn't street skateboarding illegal?

Couldn't you get arrested for skateboarding in an abandoned pool......??

Now, there are videos and stuff that they sell and make profits on .....If the "soccer mom" could pull our vids.....then the store should have to be universal in their discission. They would have to pull ALL vids that showed even ONE clip of an illegal act.

Or else YOU have a lawsuit to hand them.....? It's just the way the cookie crumbles. Just keep the store in mind and in a couple of years when the sport is HUGE....just make them pay out the *** to even stock your vids.....

Corporate is only trying to cover their ***......but if they see that they may still get sued over it they may stock only vids with the disclaimers on them? That lets them out of being sued if some squid trys a stunt he can't handle.
:devil
Old 02-21-2003, 06:23 PM
CAT

One more thought for someone to point out to DAVE.....

Fast and the Furious made How much $$$$.......but hey......street racing is STILL illegal.....so DAVE. I would bet that your dicission was based more upon saving a rep you thought you had.......to saving OUR right to ride. Hell, if you stunt in the streets....and they say it is illegal .......what the F**** do you think we'll do if some wack job tells us the streets are totally off limits to ALL bikes.

And if that was the case.....wouldn't that just F**** his income....and I think that is the bottom line!
Old 02-21-2003, 09:34 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice
fast and furious was a movie
Old 02-21-2003, 11:13 PM
CAT

Yeah?

So what? That makes it different? Street Racing is STILL illegal and my point was that even though what we do IS illegal on the streets.....no amount of "soccer moms" is going to change the fact that people watch what we do BECAUSE it is dangerous.

In the end. The soccer mom will lose this battle.
Old 02-22-2003, 01:09 PM

gsxrchicky is an unknown quantity at this point
How about one of the exec's at Stuntlife writing a nice little letter to the pansy retailer's headquarters stating that they have x-amount of people that subscribe to their forum, and x-amount of visitors every week, etc.; and since they have decided to pull the videos from their stores, stuntlife has decided to to inform their member community of this and that would equal a very nice big dent in their profits. (ie. A "nice" LEGAL way of saying we're gonna tell our members and visitors to ****ing boycott their stores!) :devil

Lemme know if you want any help writing one, I'm sure I can think of a few more "Nice" things for them to think about! - Like their losses in the next few months!
Old 02-22-2003, 02:46 PM
DUK

DUK is an unknown quantity at this point
I FEEL DARIOUS PUT OUT ONE OF THE BEST VIDS I'VE EVER WATCHED!!!
IT WAS ENTERTAINING FROM START TO FINISH!!
THERES ALWAYS GONNA BE SOMEONE OR SOMETHING IN THE WAY, GO AROUND!!!
IF THEY DON'T WANT TO SELL THE VIDS, FUKUM!!!!
MASTER P HAS A 9 MILLION DOLLAR MASTER BEDROOM,
SOLD HIS **** OUT OF HIS TRUNK AND MADE MILLIONS.
IF THEY WONT SELL FOR US, JUST MEANS WE'RE GONNA HAVE TO WORK A LITTLE HARDER AND LAUGH IN THE LONG RUN!!!

WAIT TILL I DROP MY ****, A HOLE BUNCH OF WEED BEING BLOWN, PROBABLY SOME GUNS BEING FIRED(IN PUBLIC), AND MOST LIKELY SOME OTHER ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES WILL BE IN IT!!!
I'LL MAKE MY MONEY!! PROMISE!!!
IF THEY DONT WANT TO SELL IT AND NOBODY WANTS TO BUY IT!!!
*** THEM!!! I'LL GIVE THE BITCH AWAY AND IT WILL BE IN EVERYONES HOUSE!!!! I DONT WHEELIE ON HIGHWAYS OR PUBLIC STREETS BUT LET ME BORROW YOUR BIKE AND I WILL!!!!

*** EVERYONE PUTTING NEGATIVITY INTO OUR FUN!!!!*** THEM!~!!
HOLLA
Old 11-22-2006, 02:56 PM
Give me the wheelie gypsy

FiSh is a decent person
Re: We are ****ed!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Darius
I just got a call from a manager at the local Cycle Gear store in my area, for those of you that dont have one or ever heard of the store they are a 20+ chain motorcycle store that sell's dirt and street gear&parts and lots of video's, they have purchased at least 1000 videos of mine and many other's. They got a call from the corprate office to pull off the shelves all street stunt motorcycle vid's, I guess the store in Arizona was playing a street vid and somebody saw it and complained and wrote a big letter in a local newspaper that they are endorsing illegal activity on the street. The company which is very big decided that they could be at risk of getting sued so they have stopped selling all street vids. This is really ****ed up, I, like lots of other riders make a living making these videos and it's how we afford to do what we do, who knows how many other stores will follow. What can we do to stop this?? Darius
7 videos later, hahahaha
Old 11-22-2006, 03:00 PM

ssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of light
Re: We are ****ed!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by FiSh
7 videos later, hahahaha
And cycle gear still doesnt have stunt vids, but mick wells is sponsered by them

Quick Reply: We are fucked!!!!!!!