We are fucked!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 10:01 PM

lawbreaker2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Its not really the stores fault, there most likely pissed off them selfs to. but they are trying to protect them selfs from these ********. But what the **** is the store going to do to, you know there hands are tied.

IN THE END WE ALL GET F*#KED

Old 02-16-2003, 10:20 PM

Swedie is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by PRESTONofUV
On his quote. Keep it off the streets and the problems will go away.

Just about every European video I watch does not have any street footage just closed courses.
Yeah, I'm from Sweden and there is a lot of deserted airfields there that we can be on any day of the week and as much as we like.

Here in Cali, any piece of land is owned by someone and trespassing is a misdemenor ticket.
Old 02-16-2003, 10:23 PM

uponone is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Darius,

I am sorry to hear about this situation, REALLY shitty! If you find yourself needing to find other stores to sell your Videos, let me know. I have a list of all the bike shops in US & Canada and would be happy to give you a copy.

I hope it doesn’t come to this but if you need it, it’s yours.

Good Luck!
Old 02-16-2003, 10:51 PM

racinrr is an unknown quantity at this point
that sucks man.Last time i check cyclegear use to sponser a stunt goup called SBF. when you call them ask them how they could sponser a stunt group but not sell the videos. looks like cycle gear is a hypercrit to me.
Old 02-16-2003, 11:46 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
the manager at my store hate when I put videos on for the same reason. They still carry them, but they aren't happy about it
Old 02-17-2003, 01:56 AM
**** BULLSHITTERS

Merk is an unknown quantity at this point
personally i doubt sendin emails will help but it cant hurt.....about stuntin on highways and ****, im against it. for the simple fact that people cannot drive cars at all, **** id rather not even ride on roads cause people are so ****** dumb BUT if other people do it, fine **** i love to watch if its on film but i cant stand watchin highway wheelies in person its too nerve racking.....listen i doubt my opinion means **** and im probably a little more optimistic then the rest of you but im almost positive this will blow over.....i mean look at rollerblading, skateboarding, freestyle bmx...that **** is not legal, believe me ive been arrested for it all over the midwest, and northeast coast...but its still a boomin market.....**** it should actually be easier to get this garbage thrown out because in most states you have to a legal adult to have a motorcycle-liscence(18) or buy a motorcycle, so by then you should know the laws, if you break em and get caught then thats your fault not the guy on tv or subliminal messages in your music....i mean serisouly there is so much video footage that is produced and distributed everywhere that is illegal...this is all startin to happen now because the sport is commin up....stunters are makin a new road, and the **** is just created already paved....just do what you can but dont give up
Old 02-17-2003, 02:07 AM

PRESTON is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Swedie
Yeah, I'm from Sweden and there is a lot of deserted airfields there that we can be on any day of the week and as much as we like.

Here in Cali, any piece of land is owned by someone and trespassing is a misdemenor ticket.
like I said. I just got done watching the European video in the video forum. Closed course, organized, one bike on the track at a time and well over 5000 spectators.

Goose, of course there are some videos with street stunting in Europe, but show me one US video with no street riding.
Old 02-17-2003, 03:32 AM

infamy is an unknown quantity at this point
look at it this way.
this will increase the sales of stunt vids at smaller mom and pop shops that we should all be supporting anyways.
screw cycle queer, shop at your locally owned bike shop.
Old 02-17-2003, 05:55 PM

gsxrballa is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont think that we are fucked, this will all blow over with time. each movie has a disclaimer at the start of each movie. and if the cycle shop wants to sell the movies all they need to do is pin up a disclamier in there store. there is more to the story than just pulling 1000s of videos out of the stores that are making money. it will blow over in time.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:53 PM
I love all hot women!!!

Goose is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by infamy
look at it this way.
this will increase the sales of stunt vids at smaller mom and pop shops that we should all be supporting anyways.
screw cycle queer, shop at your locally owned bike shop.
The man's got a point, why not just go to the stunt team's website and buy directly instead of giving Cycle Gear a cut.

More money for the stunter, more connectedness with their fans.....not a bad idea.

Support your local stunter, not your local dealer!

Goose
Old 02-18-2003, 12:36 AM
Regular StuntLifer

skinny is an unknown quantity at this point
The disclaimer idea is a good one. Call me weird but I actually read the disclaimers because they are sometimes funny. I just saw the one for the whackpak video and it said something about the stunts all being performed on closed roads. Although it's obvious they are not all on closed roads this might be a way to make the bike shop happy and still sell the vids in their stores. Just an idea and something to look into.
Old 02-18-2003, 06:07 AM

RecklessOpSteve is an unknown quantity at this point
I like the idea of buying the videos from the teams direct also, but it really can hurt sales when the video is not sitting on the shelf in front of someone's face.

Drop the big super-chain stores and deal with locally owned shops. We are lucky here in that we have several locally owned shops that really have jumped behind and supports stunters.

The carry the videos, shirts, plate covers, etc... Great guys. Not to mention sells us parts at cost.

The bigshot CEO's could care less about you, the sport or any skills that you may have and will easily cave into a couple phone calls threatening lawsuits. Not blaming the CEO for it, I wouldn't put my career on the line for a bunch of people I don't know either.

But local shop owners end up getting to know the riders, they undrstand the talent that it takes to ride stuntin' style and end becomming friends with the local riders. The guy we work with will go to the wall for us.

Just an idea, and I like the fact that we can help support local buisness that actually knows the community, and not some corporate superstore!
Old 02-18-2003, 12:34 PM
I love all hot women!!!

Goose is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: We are fucked!!!!!!!

Originally posted by #1 stunna
I just got a call from a manager at the local Cycle Gear store in my area, for those of you that dont have one or ever heard of the store they are a 20+ chain motorcycle store that sell's dirt and street gear&parts and lots of video's, they have purchased at least 1000 videos of mine and many other's. They got a call from the corprate office to pull off the shelves all street stunt motorcycle vid's, I guess the store in Arizona was playing a street vid and somebody saw it and complained and wrote a big letter in a local newspaper that they are endorsing illegal activity on the street. The company which is very big decided that they could be at risk of getting sued so they have stopped selling all street vids. This is really fucked up, I, like lots of other riders make a living making these videos and it's how we afford to do what we do, who knows how many other stores will follow. What can we do to stop this?? Darius
Darius, here is a good way to stop this. Have every stunter on this website sign a well-worded petition to the CEO of Cycle Gear. The petition would be fully electronic so you won't have to worry about going to everyone's house. Go take a look and see if its something you'd like to do.

http://www.petitiononline.com/create_petition.html

Goose
Old 02-18-2003, 12:46 PM

psyco650 is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds like a good idea to me......let me know
Old 02-18-2003, 12:46 PM
Regular StuntLifer

WestCoast Films is an unknown quantity at this point
my .02 cents...

this is just a knee jerk reaction...in the end, the almighty $$$ always speaks loudest, especially when the revenue that Cycle Gear was making from selling vids isnt there anymore.

Give it time...they'll come back in no time once they see it in their bottom line.

-tyson
WestCoast Filmworks
Old 02-18-2003, 11:06 PM

Jason Britton is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with Tyson These busnisses exist to make money not friends and when they realize the $$$$$$$ that's slipping out the door their minds will change quickly,now as for the idea of making a video strictly say on a dragstrip or airplane runway it will do just what the European videos do FLOP!!!!!!! like a fish out of water I have plenty of experience in the department of making video's successfully sales wise success will come from footage stunting all over the place streets dragstrips stunt shows etc......the fact is people watch video's for two reasons #1 entertainment & #2 To live and learn through the riders in the video's so until there are legitimate stunt park's nationwide/worldwide for that matter keep it real stunt where you ride & ride where you stunt
Old 02-19-2003, 11:50 AM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
110% is all competition footage
Old 02-19-2003, 01:31 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person
Thomas who did your avatar???? Greenmachine?? da bling stunta?? that **** is photochopped, BUBBA cant 12!!
Old 02-19-2003, 02:42 PM

Insane02GIXXER is an unknown quantity at this point
This is a load of bs. Take mcdonalds,They got sued for millions for having hot coffee, so did they stop selling it? NO. They put a fing disclaimer on it.See in this wondeful country of ours we have such a thing as freedom of speech, sometimes it hurts us, sometimes it good for us.But it always gives us the right to tell it how it is.I dont particuarly care for somethings on tapes and dvds today, so guess what, I DONT WATCH THEM. As for whomever the "concerned citizen" is, they need to worry about number one, not anyone else.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:13 PM

Damien C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have not read all the post's but i like the boycott idea.

Quick Reply: We are fucked!!!!!!!