How should I approach a business to try and land a stunt-spot on their property..

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 09:47 PM

Squidmark is an unknown quantity at this point
How should I approach a business to try and land a stunt-spot on their property..

I know that people have done it on here. I'm just wondering if anybody has any words of wisdom to give me. Should money be involved, any kind of legal contracts, ect.?
This includes businesses, private landowners, and airports.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:19 PM

02redr1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How should I approach a business to try and land a stunt-spot on their property..

try to have a group name to say this is so and so from this group...sometimes it sounds a little more professional...
Old 01-17-2005, 10:49 PM

OrlandoSV650S is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How should I approach a business to try and land a stunt-spot on their property..

go in there with a nice polo shirt, khaki pants, dress shoes, etc...look professional
Old 01-17-2005, 11:27 PM

Should it be a phone call, letter, or should i just go in and ask to speak to someone.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:28 PM

gsxrtigger is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never tried that. Has anybody actually tried getting permission from someone who owns a parking lot to a business? Seriously? I would think you would have to know the person in some close way to pull that off.

I'm gonna keep my eye out on this post for some good advice.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:57 AM

SlitZ is a decent person

a personal appearance would be best in my opinion, puts a face with the person and you can work out details a lil better
Old 01-18-2005, 01:04 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

JOEJOE750 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by btracer02
a personal appearance would be best in my opinion, puts a face with the person and you can work out details a lil better
WE TRIED TO DO THAT WITH A SPOT HERE WHERE WE LIVE, EVERYTHING WAS COOL UNTIL WE ASKED THE OWNER TO SIGN A CONRACT FROM A LAWYER. HE JUST GOT WORRIED AND WAS LOOKING OUT FOR HIS BUSINESS AND WOULDNT SIGN. IT EXCUSED THE BUSINESS FROM ALL LIABILITY,, I THINK THAT PEOPLE GET SCARED WHEN THEY ARE ASKED TO SIGN SOMETHING. WE ARE STILL ALLOWED TO RIDE THERE BUT IF THE COPS COME ITS A FIFTY FIFTY CHANCE. I THINK THEY ARE RIGHT, YOU HAVE TO KNOW THE PEOPLE FOR IT TO BE LEGIT. JOEJOE
Old 01-18-2005, 01:26 AM

yeah, thats what i figured...

im wondering if it would be better just to hit the spot at night, and not ask them about it. its a pretty big business, im just not sure if i want to give them my name if they can use it against me later.....hmm
Old 01-18-2005, 01:27 AM

02redr1 is an unknown quantity at this point

ya, as long as you don't do burnouts and they can't tell that you were there, they probably won't care because they won't know...
Old 01-18-2005, 01:32 AM

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

long gashes in the lot from dumping on the cage and scraping crooked probably is'nt too good either....

Big oil puddles either....
Old 01-18-2005, 01:34 AM

JOEJOE750 is an unknown quantity at this point

Either At Night Or On Non Business Days, Obviosly Dont Do Burnouts, And Most Important Know Who You Invite So They Dont Tell The Whole World. I Cant Tell You How Many Spots Have Been Messed Up Like That. Joejoe

Sometimes Also If You Just Ask Someone You Would Be Surprised That They Really Dont Care If You Ride There. It Is Just Luck
Old 01-18-2005, 02:20 AM

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah no ****! We just hosted a ride w/ some buddies and the whole world showed up to a private property. Im talking 200+ and guess what, fences went up this week!

We had that spot on lock-down for about a year, now its gone. Best spot in San Antonio hands down, end of discussion. Guess we went out with a bang, but *** that, were does my crew ride everyday now? Not only that but I have people calling every sunday "Hey, you riding today, we riding today? lets ride.. blah blah blah"

Oh well though, guess H-town is about to get blown up this weekend! hahaha
Old 01-18-2005, 02:32 AM

AzN~BoI_585 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive been thinkin bout doing the same. ive found a spot its actually a xerox or sumthing and Its perfect wide open parking lot no curbs few lamp posts and plus a nice straight strip infront of it too. What Ive been considering is just asking the security guards and just tell them hey we wont trash the place and if the cops come they can deny giving us permission just dont call the cops themselves. To avoid scaring anyone out of signing anything Ill just ask that they dont press charges and just have the popo kick us out no hard feelings between me and the owner.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:20 PM
Red
I'm baaaaack!!

Red is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to allRed is a name known to all

That's what I always do... go in person, look neat and clean, and let them know that these aren't a bunch of hoodlem kids...they are guys with good jobs, families, etc just looking for a place to practice.
Ask what times are good for them (when the place is closed for example).
Tell them that letting you ride there could be considered some sort of sponsorship and you would be willing to give them a bit of advertising or word of mouth advertising, if they are cool with you riding there.
Have a waiver in hand exempting them from any liability in case someone got hurt, signed by all the people who are going to ride there.
And keep your mouth shut about your spot.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:59 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

It would probably be me and Squid goin around as a pair because welp... we are pretty much the only "stunters" in this area to my knowledge. But there just isnt crap for riding spots around here unless there businesses or an old airport (not used 24/7 i dont think). Last day i rode last season i got 3 freakin tickets total of 200 bux and the cop specifically told me "ya know, i dont care if you risk your life on that thing but just dont do it on the streets" and the next cop that gets on my *** while in a lot is goin to get his name and that quote hah.

It'd just be great to have a spot we can actually go to and not worry about someone callin the cops.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:02 PM

rabo is an unknown quantity at this point

Approaching a place with a legit cause is the best way. Say that you're a stunt group (keep it small) that's practicing for a competition to help support a charity. Any company wants to be associated with something good.

Put their names and the name of the charity on your bikes (tell the charity too, they might be able to get your name out locally) but be sure to enter a competition at some point and donate money if you win. A plaque with a picture afterwards is a step further. They love that ****.

Had some previous luck doing this with a racecar we needed to test... a small local airport let us use 2 whole runways they didn't need, they just asked for a week of notice.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:10 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

phone calls always work good, if not guns get attention

call them and ask, don't use waivers, don't tell people (crowds bring attention), only bring friends you can trust, damage as little as possible(putting pipe insulation over your cage helps for awhile)

Better yet, find an old 4 lane highway like we did and go there, other people are rarely there, and when the cops show up they don't get pissed , they become the sissy little cheerleaders they've always wanted to be ----even when you are wearing your favorite cop's lie shirt :YEAH
Old 01-19-2005, 03:18 PM

forcefedfreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Squidmark
yeah, thats what i figured...

im wondering if it would be better just to hit the spot at night, and not ask them about it. its a pretty big business, im just not sure if i want to give them my name if they can use it against me later.....hmm

it's easier to ask for permission than it is to ask for forgiveness.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:32 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

I see it as us goin and asking permission and if we dont get it us rockin that spot anyway lol.

As far as Highways go... yeah we dont have any of those around here that arnt used regularly. Thats half our problem all of our nice roads are used 24/7 unlike you bigger places. We have some REALLY kick *** secluded gravel roads though... those are all over the place
Old 01-20-2005, 05:49 AM

mcsb1 is an unknown quantity at this point

tell them your with the n.s.a and you have a annomious tip that they employ illegals at slave labor wages and they have to close down. then when they leave you ride

Quick Reply: How should I approach a business to try and land a stunt-spot on their property..