View Poll Results: Does ADHD help you ride better?
Yes
25.00%
Maybe
11.11%
No
16.67%
Don't Know
47.22%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

ADHD and Riding

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 12:04 PM

Joey D is a decent person
Re: ADHD and Riding

Originally Posted by RedlineCarms
And for those of you who think that any doctor will diagnose you with ADD or ADHD you are ignorant to your statement. It took my son at least 2 months of testing and counceling for them to put him on meds. He tells me he likes being on it because he can gain control of himself. Last week he had to be picked up. He didnt take his medication(forgot too) and got kicked out of school for running from the teachers kicking evey and anything in his way. The teachers would even let his dad talk to him at school. They told him he had to take him out of school then talk to him.

I understand what you're saying, but everyone that has problems, thinks it's ADD, or ADHD. If you read this, you'll see that there are many things that can cause ADD or ADHD symptoms. Http://www.drhuggiebear.com/informat...itsnotadhd.htm

Obviously, you know what you're talking about, because you've been through it with your son, but my comments were referring to the 17 year old kids on here diagnosing each others problems.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:16 PM
MISCHIEVOUS!

~Carms~ is a decent person

Originally Posted by Gundamms07b
that's what the real ADD or ADHD is. though your son seems pretty cool!

get him a fiddy, and get him started young!
He has a 04 crf50 and a R1 super pocket.. here he is before a motor though LOL.. Sunday he did a wheelie on the 50 into a powerslide then threw the bike down in front of everyone and said "How Bout them Apples"

His 50

LOL RedlineJesse and Austin

Last edited by ~Carms~; 01-18-2005 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:45 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RedlineCarms
He has a 04 crf50 and a R1 super pocket.. here he is before a motor though LOL.. Sunday he did a wheelie on the 50 into a powerslide then threw the bike down in front of everyone and said "How Bout them Apples"

His 50

LOL RedlineJesse and Austin

in the words of the kool-aid man.....

OH YEEEEAH!

he'll be a good *** rider someday man.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:48 PM
Don't read this.

Originally Posted by Rumpshaker
Obviously, you know what you're talking about, because you've been through it with your son, but my comments were referring to the 17 year old kids on here diagnosing each others problems.

and you think because some of us are young we are just ****ing around and not ADD? then i wonder why the medication works so well

lemme put it to you like this, most of the time, ADD can only be diagnosed by the symptoms.

try to get high, if you can't, your most likely ADD.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:26 PM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

and you think because some of us are young we are just ****ing around and not ADD? then i wonder why the medication works so well
lemme put it to you like this, most of the time, ADD can only be diagnosed by the symptoms.
I try to get high and can't, but that's cuz I smoke so much Look this is getting retarded, some people have it, some people think they have it, it is a disease, but the symptoms can be similar to a lot of normal things. What the hell is the point of this??

Oh and I have OCD's like a mother fu(ker, always washing my hands, cleaning my house for hours everyday, rearranging anything I can put my hands on so it looks right.....but guess what that's just the way I am, I don't need meds, I just need to be able to laugh at myself for it!! :YEAH
Old 01-18-2005, 01:34 PM

Joey D is a decent person

Hey slowboy. Click on the link that i posted above. That's what i'm talkin about. I can understand how you know all there is to know about this disease, but stop and think for a minute. Maybe just cuz you're a waterhead, you're blaming add. Good point huh?
Old 01-18-2005, 01:49 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

KC Tony is an unknown quantity at this point

I also have adhd and growin up with it sucked and it still does but i will admit that there are MANY cases that are misdiagnosed and people just try to us it as a cop out for not havin their kids under control, which makes it that much harder for kids and people that really do have it because people think that they are just sayin it as an excuse also.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:29 PM
Don't read this.

Originally Posted by Rumpshaker
Maybe just cuz you're a waterhead, you're blaming add. Good point huh?

well, when i rode my bike, heading to taco bell. I heard a car honk at me when i was doing a wheelie. what did i do? I stopped, and thought about why he honked, how he felt, then i go into things like how many kids does he have, does he make lots of money, did his brother die in a wheelie accident?

same thing for when i get a ride somewhere. I'll be on the highway, and I'll wonder about the car infront of us. Where it was made, what was the emplyee's name who made it, what color is his hair, why is grass green, do his shoes staint when he mows the lawn?

these are both true examples of what happened to me TODAY.

that's a problem

and by waterhead, do you mean like stupid or slow?

i don't tihnk so, without meds I'm geting a 3.2GPA, which ain't as high as it could be, but i still work like a MOTHERFVCKER just to get that.

Rump, aside from you recnet(<----apparently I'm dislextic too....j.k) posts, you've been cool. but when someone has a problem, don't fvcking brush them off like all the others who just want some drugs.

seriously, man up and face it, I got a problem. Don't go off and try to explain it away, it's been done explained already. funny how you beleive others when they say they got a problem, yet not me? why? prolly because of a previous post, or maybe cause I'm 15?

is that why? cause I'm 15? I'm "just another out of control kid"? bullshit

I got myself under control for the most part, without any meds. Not easy, but I'm not some charity case, and I don't got the money for meds, so i do without. How, you ask?

by rethinking everything i think. Anytime i get anew thought in my head, i stop....think back to my previous thought, and look to see if it's really relevant.

it's bullshit, but I'm gonna live a normal life, and won't let a little thing like ADD stop me. of course, mine isn't as bad as others I've seen

Old 01-18-2005, 04:54 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

thewibb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wheelie Boy
you obviously missunderstood my post, I was just pointing out that there are thousands of people who get labeled as having ADHD or ADD, when in fact, all they have is a problem behaving, usualy due to not told right and wrong.

I was diagnosed with ADD, I dont have ****, I just dont like paying attention to certain things.
My bad if I misinterpreted, I just never realized how much more normal **** could be if you truly have ADD and get treated for it. No hard feelings
Old 01-19-2005, 12:25 AM

LUNA is a decent person

I have ADHD and so does my duaghter I have always had a hard time concentrating at school as does she but she on meds now and she can control herself a lil better
me on the other hand I am not on meds I cant stand to be on them they make me tooo calm and I dont like it
see not only am I ADHD but i am also a manic depresent-bipolor soooooo it gets a lil hard but i have learned how to control outburts but when people push you to far sometimes you just snap you cant help it
Old 01-19-2005, 01:40 AM

shft600 is an unknown quantity at this point

*sigh* everybody's got adhd it seems like...could I go get diagnosed at the doctors and get some drugs that might help me with my reading? cuz I sure can't concentrate on it. I'll read a page and not remember a thing I read, no matter how many times I go over it.. so if I could get drugs that'll help me with that, whether I have adhd or not, that'd be great.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:53 AM

Magic_Cow is an unknown quantity at this point

If this has already been posted then skip it, but everyone has some type of ADHD, ADD, DaD. I think there are like 400 types of DDs and motly everyone is born with em. Its jut teh matter of being able or having the mind state of copping with it or some ****. I learned about it like 2-3 years ago in class....
Old 01-19-2005, 02:56 AM

xraycatj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AzN~BoI_585
I got bad ADD, and I wanna say it helps, but I dunno what its like to ride with out it But I will say we are less likely to ever suffer from target fixation.
That made me laugh for some reason.......what were we talking about again?..........

I was diagnosed with ADD in first grade, no hyperactivity, just...................get sidetracked easily....

Dont know if it helps or not though.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Kelm
Defiantly.
He doesn't understand I hear things other people don't constant ticking of clocks in school from the the computer I have to have dead silence when I sleep or else or it takes forever for me to fall asleep.
Damn...aint that a *****.....or when im talking on the phone at work and I hear (forced to hear) everyone else's conversation.

Getting to start housework sucks too.

ticking clocks though.... I don't own any in my house.

It was a triumph to graduate college with honors though!

I should have just said DITTO.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:09 AM

In the first grade, I started getting blood tests for all kinds of stuff- they first thought it was lead poisoning; then after talking to the nice psychiatrist for a year it was confirmed I was ADD positive (sounds bad huh?)
Old 01-19-2005, 08:04 AM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

I'm not diagnosing myself. I was in jail because of something when I was 14 and they made me do a psychiatric evaluation and put me on meds that made me overweight but I stopped taking them.

I was taking risperdal.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:51 AM
MISCHIEVOUS!

~Carms~ is a decent person

Originally Posted by shft600
*sigh* everybody's got adhd it seems like...could I go get diagnosed at the doctors and get some drugs that might help me with my reading? cuz I sure can't concentrate on it. I'll read a page and not remember a thing I read, no matter how many times I go over it.. so if I could get drugs that'll help me with that, whether I have adhd or not, that'd be great.
I have the same problem and its so annoying. Im in college now so I do A LOT of reading.. It sucks reading a chapter then having to go through it again because I have no clue on what the hell I just read.. But I know a may people with that same problem.

Quick Reply: ADHD and Riding